4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

henry_™

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

Eugene H. Krabs
On 9/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, Jeansowaty said:

Sorry for doubleposting but I found more. Aaaactually, A LOT MORE. Also I'm sorry if some of these are used in the final, my memory is a bit cloudy.

-A call from Mallorie where she's suspecting Roman is cheating on her.
-Three calls from Bernie, one where he tells Niko that Bryce will be looking for Darko, another one where Bryce is jealous over Niko, and another one where Bryce breaks up with Bernie.

-Calls from Derrick! At least he was useful in the BETA. The first one was him telling Niko about Kim-Young Guk's death, another one where he says he left something for Niko at his safehouse, another one where he thanks Niko for coming to the funeral.

-A call from Elizabeta after being imprisoned.

(list)

Hate to be that guy, but do you think it's possible to upload these to YouTube or something?

Jeansowaty
10 hours ago, Eugene H. Krabs said:

Hate to be that guy, but do you think it's possible to upload these to YouTube or something?

I would love to, but it's so much work and I barely have any space on my computer. If you have GTA IV you can find them with OpenIV.

markusizr
On 5/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, D.VA said:

Seems like I've found a beta screen of TBOGT, showing us Tony's beta appereance 

swift_1280.jpg

And it looks like a beta mission

DOUGL4S1
43 minutes ago, markusizr said:

And it looks like a beta mission

It's probably just a scene made for the screenshot, there are various examples of those in GTA IV.

B Dawg

Yes

VS9hnwH.png

Kajjy
Posted (edited)

I've always wondered how that train conductor was going to work. He has audio that implies he would just be a regular ped which includes audio for things like being jacked (from a car), fighting, and even lines for things peds dont actually do like order fast food at a drive through. But then, the train also has the drivers position. Maybe he could freely enter and exit the train? Or maybe he would just be spawned in the subway stations walking around. And yeah, he does have that rat the size of a pitbull line, its actually his first walkie talkie line. 

Edited by Kajjy

PowerGamingU

Sorry for going off-topic but here's my GTA IV Beta hunt discord https://discord.gg/pafv82H

Jeansowaty
On 5/26/2019 at 1:21 AM, Kajjy said:

I've always wondered how that train conductor was going to work. He has audio that implies he would just be a regular ped which includes audio for things like being jacked (from a car), fighting, and even lines for things peds dont actually do like order fast food at a drive through. But then, the train also has the drivers position. Maybe he could freely enter and exit the train? Or maybe he would just be spawned in the subway stations walking around. And yeah, he does have that rat the size of a pitbull line, its actually his first walkie talkie line. 

Not sure if it's the train conductor or the unused bus driver, but one of them has an unused lowr texture (no model mesh, only textures remain) where he's wearing shorts. I bet they planned it but didn't make the mesh when the guy went unused.

markusizr

Does he had any voice qutoes or all it's deleted it from final version?

Jeansowaty
Posted (edited)

In the "No Love Lost" soundbank (called F4 in "scripted_speech.rpf") I found early voice clips of Niko saying some lines from "Hostile Negotiation", but he is saying them in a much calmer voice. Interesting why they're there.

In the "Final Destination" soundbank there is also a phonecall to Faustin about Niko killing Lenny.

Edited by Jeansowaty

Jeansowaty

Sorry for double-posting (but jeez this place feels so dead). I found more stuff in the audio files.

As it turns out Final Interview had more audio cut from it. You could meet Goldberg on the floor and follow him into his office. Also, Frankie would call you during the interview, and Niko and Goldberg would comment on that.

A Dish Served Cold had more audio cut from it (mostly Russians shouting at Niko)
During Trespass, Chubby Charlie had more quotes, he complained about Niko being a lowlife goon and such.

During Ruff Rider, Niko was meant to meet Dwayne in Middle Park. Rockstar just had to put in a racist gag there.

There is more, I'm just typing this out of my memory. 

sebbellic01
6 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

Sorry for double-posting (but jeez this place feels so dead). I found more stuff in the audio files.

As it turns out Final Interview had more audio cut from it. You could meet Goldberg on the floor and follow him into his office. Also, Frankie would call you during the interview, and Niko and Goldberg would comment on that.

A Dish Served Cold had more audio cut from it (mostly Russians shouting at Niko)
During Trespass, Chubby Charlie had more quotes, he complained about Niko being a lowlife goon and such.

During Ruff Rider, Niko was meant to meet Dwayne in Middle Park. Rockstar just had to put in a racist gag there.

There is more, I'm just typing this out of my memory. 

Thought I'd bring this back up since you've mentioned it.

Surprised to hear about even more beta stuff about Final Interview. There is an abundance of unused stuff for the mission in the files.

Jeansowaty
20 hours ago, sebbellic01 said:

Thought I'd bring this back up since you've mentioned it.

Surprised to hear about even more beta stuff about Final Interview. There is an abundance of unused stuff for the mission in the files.

I'll go through the audio files again to see everything that has been cut :)

HOW'S ANNIE?
Posted (edited)

A couple or tidbits from EFLC I noticed today. First of all, in Practice Swing when Rocco is interrogating the union, he mentions the Forman working at the construction site on Columbus Avenue (outside of the ULP office). However in Bang Bang you're sent to blow up the crane on Frankfort Avenue. Maybe these were switched at some point.

Secondly, I always thought the Billy stuff in This sh*ts Cursed was left intentionally ambiguous. Replaying it, it just screams cut and shuffled content to me now. But that's just an opinion.

Finally, although though it's not beta content per-se. In both TLAD and TBGOT (my 360 retail copy at least), when in a cab if you ask the driver to change to Electro-choc FM, Johnny/Luis will ask for "the Russian station". If you change to Vladivostok FM they'll ask for the station to be changed to PLR. Even though PLR isn't even in EFLC.

Edited by HOW'S ANNIE?

Duhillestpunk
9 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

A couple or tidbits from EFLC I noticed today. First of all, in Practice Swing when Rocco is interrogating the union, he mentions the Forman working at the construction site on Columbus Avenue (outside of the ULP office). However in Bang Bang you're sent to blow up the crane on Frankfort Avenue. Maybe these were switched at some point.

Secondly, I always though the Billy stuff in This sh*ts Cursed was left intentionally ambiguous. Replaying it, it just screams cut and shuffled content to me now. But that's just an opinion.

Finally, although though it's not beta content per-se. In both TLAD and TBGOT (my 360 retail copy at least), when in a cab if you ask the driver to change to Electro-choc FM, Johnny/Luis will ask for "the Russian station". If you change to Vladivostok FM they'll ask for the station to be changed to PLR. Even though PLR isn't even in EFLC.

Yeah if you download TLAD and TBOGT, those games get IVs exclusive radio stations like JNR, Fusion, The Journey, ect. I found that weird how Luis and Johnny had lines for those stations as they weren’t in the dlcs to begin with. Those stations were probably in the beta readily available.

HOW'S ANNIE?
55 minutes ago, Duhillestpunk said:

Yeah if you download TLAD and TBOGT, those games get IVs exclusive radio stations like JNR, Fusion, The Journey, ect. I found that weird how Luis and Johnny had lines for those stations as they weren’t in the dlcs to begin with. Those stations were probably in the beta readily available.

Yeah I figured PLR was recorded and in the data for those who had actually downloaded TLAD/TBOGT. I wonder if the same issue occurs in the downloadable versions. Not that too many people playing them these days have the original 360 DLC.

Duhillestpunk
39 minutes ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Yeah I figured PLR was recorded and in the data for those who had actually downloaded TLAD/TBOGT. I wonder if the same issue occurs in the downloadable versions. Not that too many people playing them these days have the original 360 DLC.

It always downloads if you don’t play the disc version of EFLC. Also the Russian radio is beta as originally the Euro Dance was supposed to be on another station while Vladivostok played Russian rap, rock, and pop only.

PowerGamingU

I request a Beta merit police and taxi variant as well cuz i suck so much ass-hair at zmodder and i do not know how to mod cars with blender, also this is just a rumor and maybe fake info but the roman cheating call from mallorie is a post deal ending call where roman lives cuz i remember seeing roman blink in the deal ending cutscene when going underground, and later he is hurt more after mallore attack's him with some siissiors.

rollschuh2282
29 minutes ago, PowerGamingU said:

cuz i remember seeing roman blink in the deal ending cutscene when going underground

This is just the actor blinking during the recording.

You were never meant to see this, so they didn't bother editing that out from the motion capture recording.

There is a lot you aren't supposed to see and happens outside the camera.

Like in the killing dimitri cutscene, you can see him getting up in the last second of the cutscene.

PowerGamingU
20 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

This is just the actor blinking during the recording.

You were never meant to see this, so they didn't bother editing that out from the motion capture recording.

There is a lot you aren't supposed to see and happens outside the camera.

Like in the killing dimitri cutscene, you can see him getting up in the last second of the cutscene.

I see , and i think the revenge ending is the first ending to be made and i think there's a lot of beta content for it.

D.VA

Noticed that Rockstar forgot to change the screen on their site to a newer one, with a different lightning

roman1_1280x720.jpg

PowerGamingU

Just sayin but what if we found a beta copy of GTA IV on a PS3 dev kit and did the A Dish Served Old ending and found niko doing this to dimitri? 

At 2:28

cctcat70

Probably not but maybe we would find some sketches instead of actual cutscenes that are unfinished