Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

henry_™

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

Recommended Posts

Brooklynzsmac

It looks like Stafford from SA, with this wide, plain grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in this topic since I don't have enough patience to read 65+ pages, but according to some audio files I've just discovered in RP10 it seems that in the beta each time when you completed or failed Brucie's cars delivery side job, Niko was going to call Roman, instead of B and letting him know ether he succeeded or failed. There over 20 quotes for Roman where he praising Niko for a successful delivery, or being opposite if he failed. You can check them out by yourself just look for A_KA_1 and A_LA_1 in RP10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer

Found some more interesting content. So I've been looking/listening trough police dispatch voice files and found three unused soundbanks containing a lot of his voicelines tied to a street races. It looks like that R's originally planned police to give us a hard time during the street racing events given to us by Brucie. There's a lot of dispatch lines where he dispatching units to apprehend a street race in progress and even giving information about the race status by giving description of the current race leader, informing units about player's car condition and oddly enough even has couple of lines in case if player decide to abandon his car and get a new one. As we know in the final version abandoning your car while on race will cause disqualification thus failing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer

I think I found one more cut ped. His model and textures goes by the name "m_m_telephone". Considering his model's name and "Liberty Communication" text on his uniform it's easy to determine that he likely was a phone company worker.
And at first when I came across his textures, I wasn't sure if this ped is actually unused.. But as soon I opened his 3D model I was 90% sure that I never saw him in game before. So to confirm my theory I decided to check and see if I can find him in pedgrp.dat, and as it's turned out he is indeed missing from pedgrp.dat witch confirms that he cannot be found on the streets, but perhaps he might be used in some sort of mission or event, because he still listed in peds.ide file witch allows him to be fully functional when forcibly spawned in-game.

VrfUKvn.jpg

xGgDH0f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
12 hours ago, 1xGamer said:

I think I found one more cut ped. His model and textures goes by the name "m_m_telephone". Considering his model's name and "Liberty Communication" text on his uniform it's easy to determine that he likely was a phone company worker.
And at first when I came across his textures, I wasn't sure if this ped is actually unused.. But as soon I opened his 3D model I was 90% sure that I never saw him in game before. So to confirm my theory I decided to check and see if I can find him in pedgrp.dat, and as it's turned out he is indeed missing from pedgrp.dat witch confirms that he cannot be found on the streets, but perhaps he might be used in some sort of mission or event, because he still listed in peds.ide file witch allows him to be fully functional when forcibly spawned in-game

 

-snip-

that model isn´t unused.

the model is part of a rare scenario that shows him fixing poles.

 

it is very rare, just like the mailman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the phone poles then... Anyway, thanks for the tip. I think I'll be better on with exploring game's audio further and trying to avoid IMG archives to prevent this kind of situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg

There are 2 lines for him in scenarios.dat in common>data folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU

Sorry for going off-topic but is there a mod for a GTA SA Hud for IV like in the leak? Otherwise i am going to make one myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crokey
5 hours ago, PowerGamingU said:

Sorry for going off-topic but is there a mod for a GTA SA Hud for IV like in the leak? Otherwise i am going to make one myself.

You try asking in this topic, but clarify the "leak" so people know what your referencing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU
3 hours ago, Crokey said:

You try asking in this topic, but clarify the "leak" so people know what your referencing

 

 

I mean the GTA IV Beta hud like in the cluckin bell screens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sebbellic01
Posted (edited)

hL77Hhg.png

A lot of lines were removed about getting your car done at the Pay 'n' Sprays. Lines skips straight from GA_3 to GA_15 and from GA_16 to GA_22.

Would have been great if you could choose the colour you wanted instead it being randomly chosen, maybe they wanted to do something like that initially. 

 

Edited by sebbellic01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DOUGL4S1
7 hours ago, sebbellic01 said:

hL77Hhg.png

A lot of lines were removed about getting your car done at the Pay 'n' Sprays. Lines skips straight from GA_3 to GA_15 and from GA_16 to GA_22.

Would have been great if you could choose the colour you wanted instead it being randomly chosen, maybe they wanted to do something like that initially. 

 

Maybe proof that car customization was going to return? As in the shop owner commending/making fun of how your car looks?

 

Or they just intended on having more variations of those lines, idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.VA
On 5/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, sebbellic01 said:

hL77Hhg.png

A lot of lines were removed about getting your car done at the Pay 'n' Sprays. Lines skips straight from GA_3 to GA_15 and from GA_16 to GA_22.

Would have been great if you could choose the colour you wanted instead it being randomly chosen, maybe they wanted to do something like that initially. 

 

Were that messages meant to be told by the game itself? If so, they sound kinda... Unofficial, I'd say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sebbellic01
9 hours ago, D.VA said:

Were that messages meant to be told by the game itself? If so, they sound kinda... Unofficial, I'd say

Those messages are in the game.

They are shown after your car is fixed up.

I was saying that there were meant to be more of those messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.VA
On 5/5/2019 at 4:13 AM, sebbellic01 said:

Those messages are in the game.

They are shown after your car is fixed up.

I was saying that there were meant to be more of those messages.

Got ya, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.VA

Seems like I've found a beta screen of TBOGT, showing us Tony's beta appereance 

swift_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DMThePro123
12 hours ago, D.VA said:

Seems like I've found a beta screen of TBOGT, showing us Tony's beta appereance 

swift_1280.jpg

That picture was already found but very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer
17 hours ago, D.VA said:

Seems like I've found a beta screen of TBOGT, showing us Tony's beta appereance 

 

It looks like it was taken on PC version LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.VA
5 hours ago, 1xGamer said:

It looks like it was taken on PC version LOL.

It was used to promote game via its website, I quess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU

Sorry for going off-topic and also sorry for that tenpenny thing i am home now and looked in the game file and y'all where right bout tenpenny he was NOT in the beta besides i did not think they have the room for him lol. So i am sorry that was a rumor i created and i hope y'all accept. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU

Sorry of i am double-posting but FYI when devs start development of a game they first mod the last game and then work and the next game sooo GTA IV between 2004 and 2007 was just a improvement of SA. So if i find a 2005 build of GTA IV i will see the *IV* is duct-taped on the old logo, i learned that from this video 

at 51:38 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrownieBear

IV was built on an entire new type of their own engine, wasn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU

2004 is when the development of IV started i believe back in 2004 R* was all like *Meewh just put a IV in there*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EVOLUT7ON
7 hours ago, BrownieBear said:

IV was built on an entire new type of their own engine, wasn't it?

GTA 3, VC, SA  -  RenderWare
GTA 4, GTA 5  -  RAGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrownieBear
9 hours ago, EVOLUT7ON said:

GTA 3, VC, SA  -  RenderWare
GTA 4, GTA 5  -  RAGE

Yes that's what I meant! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DOUGL4S1
44 minutes ago, PowerGamingU said:

and look at https://imgur.com/zebCmkT Just look at this, a Kuruma from GTA III was going to return? Or is that a unknown police car.

Where did you find this texture? No police cars have the screen showing a dashcam footage, AFAIK all have the front page of the LCPD data system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DOUGL4S1
11 minutes ago, PowerGamingU said:

Also here's a view of Liberty State https://imgur.com/ODF4g4W and a Beta Burger Shot https://imgur.com/l6wjhnu and a boring lobby https://imgur.com/sAqkV8R

1) That's a dirty/rusty texture

2) Not sure if that's been discussed here before, so nice find if it hasn't

3) That's probably a real-life pictures, many of those appear in the files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PowerGamingU
7 hours ago, DOUGL4S1 said:

Where did you find this texture? No police cars have the screen showing a dashcam footage, AFAIK all have the front page of the LCPD data system.

Found it i think the same place the red bathroom with the true crime streets of la hud I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 7 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests

    • mads1153
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.