henry_™

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

WildBrick142

saved and backed up just in case it gets take-two'd :yee:

Spider-Vice

Man, new low C&D'ing the creator of their games' OST's :yee: 

DMThePro123
4 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Uploaded today by Michael Hunter, in celebration of IV's 10th anniversary year. It's an early/outtake version of the IV loading theme.

I heard it before... I think it is somewhere on YouTube but it is rare to find. I don't know.

Spider-Vice

I find that unlikely considering the author of the OST got it from his own archives today...

DMThePro123
7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I find that unlikely considering the author of the OST got it from his own archives today...

I heard it a few years ago. Is not fake what I saying but it is a rare version of the song that now I know it is a outtake version. But I don't know where is that video. Luckily, Hunter upload it again but it was already on YouTube but it disappeared for me.

EDIT: I found it and it is a extended version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0mYyUQfzw

Edited by DMThePro123
Discovery

GiveMeLiberty78
On 5/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, jaqub said:

>google chrome

there is also a glitch with black boxes over the site

already switched to firefox, as you should do now to prevent dat

For what it's worth, I get black boxes and flickering with FIrefox. It's been that way with some sites for about the last year, but refreshing those pages usually removes these artifacts/glitches for a while. Then it's wash, rinse, repeat!

Legomanarthur

Alternate versions are always great to hear! At the very least he celebrated GTA IV's anniversary.

D.VA

I feel like the stems from outtake version of Soviet Connection still exist in game or fully track is in it

mde2
18 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

Alternate versions are always great to hear! At the very least he celebrated GTA IV's anniversary.

It's weird the composer of the game cared more about it than the people who actually made it.

B Dawg

A potentially cut weather type:

As you know, IV has the following weathers:

Extra Sunny, Sunny, Sunny Windy, Cloudy, Foggy, Drizzle, Rain, Lightning (+ special ones such as Extra Sunny 2 and Sunny Windy 2 which aren't used in normal gameplay as they look weird)

In Multiplayer (for whatever weird reason R* had), Extra Sunny, Sunny Windy and Lightning aren't selectable nor do they get used when weather is set to Random/Variable afaik.

If you add the missing weathers to the game mode scripts, the first new weather will have the name Thick Fog, while the other two won't have any names (they work fine btw)

But IV only has one Foggy weather type. Maybe IV was supposed to have an even Foggier weather type?

C7DF0C85AA5EC42E1F4E6B6C35C842C5EE421885

Edited by B Dawg

Gravarty
On 8/26/2018 at 5:51 AM, DMThePro123 said:

I heard it a few years ago. Is not fake what I saying but it is a rare version of the song that now I know it is a outtake version. But I don't know where is that video. Luckily, Hunter upload it again but it was already on YouTube but it disappeared for me.

EDIT: I found it and it is a extended version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0mYyUQfzw

Hm, interesting.. maybe a console leftover or something? 

D.VA
On 8/28/2018 at 3:02 AM, Gravarty said:

Hm, interesting.. maybe a console leftover or something? 

I feel like it's from PC version files 

cctcat70

It sounds same to me but also you can hear the sound echoing at end

cctcat70

What are those reflections on the gas pump?

Jeansowaty

I found an unused phonecall. During "That Special Someone" Packie was supposed to call you.

P: Man it's Packie callin'! How about we go drinkin'?
N: I can't Packie. I might have found what I was looking for all this time. Maybe I'll feel like getting drunk later though.

I found it in the scripted_speech.rpf.

Jeansowaty

Sorry for doubleposting but I found more. Aaaactually, A LOT MORE. Also I'm sorry if some of these are used in the final, my memory is a bit cloudy.

-A call from Mallorie where she's suspecting Roman is cheating on her.
-Three calls from Bernie, one where he tells Niko that Bryce will be looking for Darko, another one where Bryce is jealous over Niko, and another one where Bryce breaks up with Bernie.

-Calls from Derrick! At least he was useful in the BETA. The first one was him telling Niko about Kim-Young Guk's death, another one where he says he left something for Niko at his safehouse, another one where he thanks Niko for coming to the funeral.

-A call from Elizabeta after being imprisoned.

-Another call from Mallorie, asking Niko if he has seen Vlad. Funnily enough she says that for all she cares he can be found dead in a river :lol:

-A call from Roman where he talks about seducing some woman in a Bean Machine cafe shop.

-A call from Roman as a response to Mallorie's 1st I mentioned. Basically he thanks Niko for talking to her. There's another one where it's the opposite, he's angry for talking to her and Niko lectures him to not abuse her.

-A call from Roman. He's playing blackjack and asks Niko for advice. I think you could have chosen the answer over here, since there are quotes for Niko saying "Go for it" and "Don't lose more of our money". In both cases Roman is unhappy, in the first one he loses the cash and in the second one he complains that he could have won more.

-Another one similar to the one above, but this time Roman is playing roulette.

-Roman calling Niko telling him about some hot woman he wants to contact. Niko reminds him of Mallorie, but Roman quips that she can also "have her urges"

-Roman calling Niko to complain that when they hang out they don't have enough fun and that they should hang out soon.

-A call from Roman after taking his first free ride, Niko is asking if he has to pay for the next one, to which Roman says no, despite Niko saying he doesn't want to abuse their friendship.

-Roman asking Niko if he doesn't know anyone who can lend him money. Niko then tells him he can do it but Roman means real money (not what Niko is carrying in his trackpants :lol:)

-Roman again being scared and hiding somewhere, telling Niko he won a lot of money and has to hide.

-A call from Roman telling Niko that he heard about Michelle from Jacob (and that Jacob is crazy). I don't know, this may be used in-game but I'm not sure.

-Roman calling Niko about craplist.net, telling Niko to try it out to meet somebody.

-An alternate phonecall for Crime and Punishment made up of just 2 lines.

-A call to Roman that seems to happen after Brian's first random encounter.

-A call from Playboy X where he complains to Niko about him killing Dwayne and regrets it.

-A call from Ray where he advices Niko to stay away from Phil because he's hanging out with Peg's wife.

-Another call from Ray. He's talking about Johnny and how he wants him dead, because now the Peg is angry for the failed deal.

-A call from Ray where he's talking about Niko kidnapping Gracie and that Old Man Ancelotti ain't gonna pay them off, but instead Gay Tony, who has the diamons, will pay. They analyse the results of the Museum Piece mission. Ray demands Niko to get him these diamonds so they all can be square. Niko then quips that they're already square.

-I think another unused phone message for Dwayne.

-A call from Francis asking Niko if he's really working with Packie. (may be used?)

-A call from Francis telling Niko that Clarence is alive. (I'm 60% sure this is used but I noticed that he calls Clarence "Clarence Jones" yet his surname is "Little".)

-A call from Francis after Undertaker, Francis complains about the shootout and his brothers being criminals, Niko scolds him for being a corrupt cop who killed his brother.

-A call from Pegorino where he attacks Niko for killing Dimitri. (may be used?)

-A call from Gerry telling Niko to look after his family, especially Packie and Kate. (may be used?)

-A call from Vlad, where he mistook Niko for Mallorie and asked her out on a date.

-A call from Pegorino, it was originally supposed to be Jimmy who gave you the Alderney safehouse, not Ray.
-A call from Pegorino who tries to have Niko "made" and tells him that he will look after Roman if he has any problems with loan sharks.

-Two unused voicemails for Niko!!! Actually, three!

-A call from Dimitri telling Niko to meet him in Firefly Island (if I remember correctly he sends you a text message in final)

-A call from Dimitri complementing Niko's "talents" and looking forward to the partnership they're having.

-A call from Dimitri after the Deal ending, where Niko complains about him killing the buyers. (may be used?)

-A call from Phil asking Niko if he has seen the Peg or Ray, and he feels something is weird. Niko calms him down.

-A call from Dimitri asking Niko if it's already done. I think this is for the Crime and Punishment mission.

-Niko calling Dimitri, who asks Niko if he has good news. Niko responds that he doesn't, so Dimitri asks why he called him.

-Another call similar to the one above.

-Jacob calling Niko about Michelle, Niko tells him he's working for ULPC now.

-Jacob calling Niko to tell him about Elizabeta, this is different from the one I heard in-game.

-Jacob calling Niko about Roman getting married.

-Jacob calling Niko after Badman's random encounter.

-Jacob calling Niko asking him if he's working for the Pegorinos.

-Packie calling Niko asking how's the work for the Pegorinos, he also mentions Niko getting the new safehouse in Alderney.

-Packie calling Niko during Payback, mentioning the events of TLC.

-Packie calling Niko after a date with Kate.

-Packie calling Niko after working for Gerry and asking him to go out sometime.

-Niko calling Gravelli, who asks if the job is done. Niko says it's not. I don't know what mission this may apply to.

-A call similar to the one above, but a shorter one and Gravelli is coughing like hell :lol:

-Another one like the 2 above.

-A different call after the Deal ending from Kate.

-Faustin calling Niko if he has any cocaine, to which Niko says no. Faustin replies that his man is in Vice City.

-Some unused voicemails.

-Faustin calling Niko to ask if Dimitri is having an affair with Ilyena. Niko says that he wouldn't expect Dimitri to betray him this way (ahem..), to which Faustin replies that if he sees anything suspicious, he should let him know, because these days nobody can be trusted.

-Faustin calling Niko suspecting he's hanging out with his daughter, threatening to castrate him. Niko denies his accusations, to which Mikhail jokes that it was just a test, but if Niko did, or even thought about her while he's jerking off (:lol:) he should remind himself of him. 

-A call from Faustin telling Niko not to worry about Petrovic because he's just an old guy from Russia, he also reminds Niko that it's Faustin who is in charge, not Dimitri.

-A call from Kate asking Niko what's up with him since she's been thinking about him. Niko reveals the truth about Darko to her. It is set after That Special Someone (may be used?)

-A call from Michelle telling Niko she has seen him walking out of Perestroika. Of course she's suspicious as f*ck :whuh:

-A call from Michelle asking if he heard about Vlad disappearing.

-A call from Michelle after Roman's Sorrow, asking about the fires and of course being the suspicious bitch she always was (is Roman a gangster?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!1111) :/ 

-A final call from Michelle/Karen, again apologizing to Niko and reminding him that Michelle is dead (lol). (may be used?)

-A call from Jacob, Niko asks if he has any more work for him, to which Jacob says no, and asks what's up with Roman. Niko says that he's stuck with him, so Jacob replies to hang out with him sometime. (may be used?)

Oof. That took me longer than expected. But it was fun.

Edited by Jeansowaty

sebbellic01

I found that last phone call from Michelle pretty sad, surprisingly.

She talks with a hint of sadness about how her phone is about to be cut off and it is the last time they'll ever be in contact.

Those Niko voicemails were interesting to listen to, I listened to two of them and he is drunk for some reason lol

And Mallorie implies that she was cheating on Roman with Vlad because Roman was doing the same to her, bit of an interesting twist there

Jeansowaty
5 hours ago, sebbellic01 said:

She talks with a hint of sadness about how her phone is about to be cut off and it is the last time they'll ever be in contact.

Those Niko voicemails were interesting to listen to, I listened to two of them and he is drunk for some reason lol

And Mallorie implies that she was cheating on Roman with Vlad because Roman was doing the same to her, bit of an interesting twist there

I felt as if he simply did not know what to say, that's why he sounds so awkward :P I wonder where these could have been used.

rollschuh2282
8 hours ago, sebbellic01 said:

can you tell me in what sound file they are?

i don´t want to listen to all ca. 30 files

sebbellic01
4 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

can you tell me in what sound file they are?

i don´t want to listen to all ca. 30 files

scripted_speech.rpf

All the non-mission phone calls like these are in the MF2, MF3, MF4, MF5 and MF6 files.

The Michelle one is in MF6 (MF6_VA_01, MF6_VB_01, MF6_VC_01, MF6_VD_01, MF6_VD_QQQ1_01, MF6_VE_01, MF6_VF_01, MF6_VF_QQQ1_01, MF6_VG_01)

The three of Niko's voicemails are in MF5 (MF5_A_CA_01, MF5_A_CA_02 - and - MF5_A_DA_01, MF5_A_DB_01 - and - MF5_XXA_01)

There's a couple of ones where Mallorie talks about Roman cheating in MF2 (MF2_A_DA_01, MF2_A_DC_01, MF2_A_DD_01 - and - MF2_XA_01, MF2_XB_01, MF2_XC_01, MF2_XD_01, MF2_XE_01, MF2_XF_01, MF2_XG_01, MF2_XH_01, MF2_XI_01).

Edited by sebbellic01
spacing

universetwisters

Heck I really wanna hear these phonecalls now but I can't open them in the files because I don't have IV on my computer anymore 😢

WildBrick142

hello again

Obviously there's still some stuff not yet uncovered/posted, but they did a really nice summary of what we know so far for those who don't want to read through everything :^:

V is next :yee: , that's gonna be extra long

universetwisters

@Jeansowaty any chance of uploading these unused phone calls to youtube or somewhere? :V

Jeansowaty
Just now, universetwisters said:

@Jeansowaty any chance of uploading these unused phone calls to youtube or somewhere? :V

I can send you the soundbanks and then you can use GTA IVAud to play them. That program weighs just a few KB's.

universetwisters
3 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I can send you the soundbanks and then you can use GTA IVAud to play them. That program weighs just a few KB's.

I don't got GTAIV Aud or whatever it is. Why not just put them on youtube or soundcloud? People would eat that sh*t up quick

Jeansowaty
23 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I don't got GTAIV Aud or whatever it is. Why not just put them on youtube or soundcloud? People would eat that sh*t up quick

It's a bit time consuming :P 

universetwisters
9 minutes ago, Jeansowaty said:

It's a bit time consuming 😛

well DAAANG i'll be waitin an stuff

sebbellic01

I implemented the unused wanted star into the game; I think it looks pretty good, has a bit of a Red Dead vibe to it.

23lWFOz.jpg

5JHtyIb.jpg

43xeF7Y.png

Noticed this picture of Drusilla's on peepthatsh*t.com (an in-game website). You can make out that someone is inside, backing the theory here that it was once accessible.

9eftVoc.png

markusizr
On 9/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, Jeansowaty said:

I found an unused phonecall. During "That Special Someone" Packie was supposed to call you.

P: Man it's Packie callin'! How about we go drinkin'?
N: I can't Packie. I might have found what I was looking for all this time. Maybe I'll feel like getting drunk later though.

I found it in the scripted_speech.rpf.

I wonder  if you can restore  speech or not?

Jeansowaty
13 minutes ago, markusizr said:

I wonder  if you can restore  speech or not?

Perhaps analysing the .sco could make it possible to restore some of these. I'm not advanced in .sco editing though so I don't think I'll be able to do it any soon.