3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

henry_™

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

C1aude_III

I would like to mention that if you use a weapon with model name w_silenced it would sound like a silenced pistol while w_nstick will sound like a nightstick just wanted to point that out I knew about this a long time ago

Helegad

I'm glad they rethought those wanted stars. The early ones are way too difficult to make out.

Letus

I was wondering what's up with this screenshot? Is this suppose to be a cut mission for Ray Bulgarin probably or not? Even though It uses Ray's IV model, not the TBOGT one.

smuggler_1280.jpg

Edited by Letus

universetwisters
32 minutes ago, Letus said:

I was wondering what's up with this screenshot? Is this suppose to be a cut mission for Ray Bulgarin probably or not? Even though It uses Ray's IV model, not the TBOGT one.

-snip-

It was probably made just for the picture. GTA 5 had a lot of stuff like that.

Monkeypolice188

I'm not sure how close this counts to beta, but it's certainly riddled me for the last few days and I've desperately tried to find the answer. And, well, I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't found it, to here goes!

(if this has been pointed out already, I'd be very surprised)

Okay so its often pointed out that the Rotterdam Tower in GTA IV has "Empire State" signage at the base of the building. If you didn't, well, here you go: latest?cb=20100302102407

I've been trying to figure out why, mostly because I wanted the original texture. Turns out, this is an LOD issue. The high quality model, or the L1 model (I guess its called that? lol), has clashing textures and this Empire State texture is essentially being displayed even though it isn't supposed to be. If you adjust your camera angle when close up to the texture, it will disappear, glitching through the higher quality textures. 

As an EFLC owner, I wasn't able to test any of this, which really annoyed me, until I eventually realized that it actually does remain in EFLC, but only if you restore it. Turns out, Rockstar Games must have figured out their oversight, and actually fixed the bug. From what I can see, they have multiple goes at it, but the attempt that appears to have fixed it is actually a model edit. The Rotterdam Tower's base model (esb_base_dc9.wdr) was updated in EFLC along with the rest of the building, but the base model in particular was actually edited; poly and vertices changes, which fixed the clashing textures. I replaced the EFLC version with the original model, and bam, it was back. Now, the reason I say "multiple" attempts is due to something rather suspicious. Literally all the building's textures were halved in resolution. This explains why the building looks as sh*tty as it does in EFLC, while slightly better quality in IV. the original IV textures are 512x512, and, like the rest of the models, are still present even in the EFLC game, but EFLC's patch files override the model and textures, the new textures being 256x256, drastically different in quality.  

latest?cb=20181203224354

As explained, I was eventually able to restore this oversight in TBOGT (left). The texture that causes the bug is a tiny 128x128 texture, which explains why the sign itself is barely readable. In-game, better lighting conditions make it much more visible, however.

Edit: For what's its worth, since TLAD doesn't use TBOGT's new map updates, the tower retains the Empire State signage, as well as the original light colours, the higher quality textures and the lack of interior in TLAD.

latest?cb=20181203224156

Edited by Monkeypolice188

sebbellic01
On 4/28/2018 at 2:24 AM, WildBrick142 said:

hello

Take-Two at it again, taking down the GTA IV beta content video?

HeySlickThatsMe

^ No

unknown.png

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

sebbellic01
21 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

^ No

Hide contents

unknown.png

Ah, no pitchforks for Strauss Zelnick today.

Hopefully the false copyright strike issue is sorted out quickly.

sebbellic01
Posted (edited)

There is some unused code relating to the cut objective of beating the shop owner's son in Bull in a China Shop.

I picked out that a few of the unused lines from american.gxt have code in vlad1.sco (the script for the mission) for them to be called into the game.

Here is the strand which has the code (not sure if it is all the code?) for the part where you had to beat up the son:

K56aE14.png

So that strand of code would print these lines from american.gxt, telling the player to beat up the son and guiding the player how to do so:

FozWyCq.png

VUuaoiA.png

GFEPaZm.png

and then the line 'V1_MISC_02', which is nowhere to be found. I don't understand what all the other code means exactly.

Could anyone with scripting experience shed some light on this? or even restore it?

I messed around with the code with SCO ToolBox to try to get that code running, but this was all I could do (I know little about scripting).

UKDmAqQ.png

Edited by sebbellic01

D.VA
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 3:19 AM, sebbellic01 said:

There is some unused code relating to the cut objective of beating the shop owner's son in Bull in a China Shop.

I picked out that a few of the unused lines from american.gxt have code in vlad1.sco (the script for the mission) for them to be called into the game.

Here is the strand which has the code (not sure if it is all the code?) for the part where you had to beat up the son:

K56aE14.png

So that strand of code would print these lines from american.gxt, telling the player to beat up the son and guiding the player how to do so:

FozWyCq.png

VUuaoiA.png

GFEPaZm.png

and then the line 'V1_MISC_02', which is nowhere to be found. I don't understand what all the other code means exactly.

Could anyone with scripting experience shed some light on this? or even restore it?

I messed around with the code with SCO ToolBox to try to get that code running, but this was all I could do (I know little about scripting).

UKDmAqQ.png

Interesting finding 

Edited by Spider-Vice
hid images

BrownieBear

Seems like the animation of the rear passengers in a helicopter have been the same even when the doors of the Maverick were still closed.

This can be seen during a Higgin's Helitours commercial at 30:20.

3EpJB5H.jpg

Also the small rotor on the tail of the Maverick seems to have lines on the blades, not just the tips as seen on the final model.

rollschuh2282

ok, not really beta related.

but...Bernie does have good taste. 

Spoiler

DviBtDl.png

m1cKBC7.png

3nTv9sQ.png

R7eIjyL.png