Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,102 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

henry_™

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

sebbellic01

He's referring to the build I was offered 600 for. I talked about it a few pages back.

Yeah so it is the EFLC one, isn't actually of the base IV.

ywukpH5.jpg

The build I was offered was a late 07 build of IV lol. It had nothing to do with this disc.

Didn't you say this was the one you were offered a few pages back? Nevermind then.

Interesting regarding that late 07 build, would have been around the release of Trailer 3 (which had a few cut/unused things e.g. Michelle's beta model, buzzcut).

CarsonGT
Posted (edited)

No, but I had discussed the EFLC one. I spoke to a few people who had previously owned it, that's all.

And I'd love to see it too but the guy is never online and 600 is an absurd price for a game build anyways. I know Vadim wants to buy it but as I said, the guy is never online so there isn't much I or him can do.

I might recquire a full GTA IV build one day, seeing as tons of GTA proto stuff started popping up recently for me.

Whenever that happens I'll discuss it here. But only once it's in my hands. Heh I talked about that IV build here before even having it, now I know that was a dumb idea

Edited by CarsonGT

Rented

Why do you people call this bus Coach when it's clearly Dashound? Yes, certain elements are different, but the model is mostly the same as the one seen in GTA V.About that ad video, if you look closely you can notice that has a noticeable positive camber which, aside from the fact that it had wrong rear suspension flag, also means that it was slightly floating above the ground. It wasn't driven naturally while filming the advertisement, its path was scripted.

It was meant to be Coach in V as well but renamed later in development so late in fact that the model and everything is still called coach

Claude_Lib

Yeah, Benefactor69 already explained that to me. Never knew that before, point taken.

Still on the fence though, because lore-wise GTA V sets that Dashound is HD successor of Coach.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Ohhh123r

I just found these on American.gxt and found CP_SIGN_INPS3 (Highlighted in blue with white texts)

g2jGoU5.png

Was this text was leftover from PS3 port?

Edited by Ohhh123r

Helegad

I just found these on American.gxt and found CP_SIGN_INPS3 (Highlighted in blue with white texts)

g2jGoU5.png

What the hell else would it be from?

Ohhh123r

-snip-

What the hell else would it be from?

Okay, nevermind, sorry My bad. I thought that Text was suppose to be PS3 Leftover from PC.

zanesix

That's been known for a while, theirs also another string for Xbox live and IIRC theirs also PS3 controller icons somewhere.

Spider-Vice

The PC version has mosly Xbox leftover content, for reasons that are probably known to many. I had 1.0.0.0 installed a couple days back, ALL of the map .xpl (wpl on PC) files were leftover along with the wpl files.

B Dawg

Hmm, do you still have the original version files? I'd like to see if there's any worthwhile leftovers in script.img and script_network.img (if the scripts in there can even be opened by OpenIV or SCO Toolbox)

Edited by B Dawg

zanesix

Don't think this has been posted here before... Screenshot from December 2007, the police cruiser has almost no livery and the interior of the Vigero looks almost untextured:

3880_gta_iv.jpg

DOUGL4S1

Already posted, it's most likely one of the earliest official screenshots we have, likely taken in early-mid 2007.

RM76

Hence the lack of interior & vehshare textures.

Hmmm nice bike

Given that the screenshot appears to be taken in Alderney, I can't help but wonder if the lack of livery on the police car might indicate that they tried giving Alderney's police a separate livery at one point. Alderney is already indicated as being in a completely separate state from Liberty City, and SA already had separate police cars and livery for each city and the countryside. Maybe they tried it again for LC and Alderney and it didn't work? Just a guess.

EDIT: Even though these cars already resemble the LCPD/NYPD livery, there's still a resemblance between this and the squad car in that screenshot. This is the livery for the Hudson County Sheriff's Office cars in Hudson County, which is the specific part of Jersey that Alderney is based on.

7216645556_e0d6f11840_b.jpg

The stripes on the almost-unmarked cruiser in that screenshot of IV almost look more spaced out between each other and closer to the window and bottom of the doors than the usual NYPD/LCPD markings, and more similar to the Hudson County Sheriff's. If I'm not just seeing things, then maybe at some point Rockstar was going to include a cruiser similar to this and then just gave up and used LCPD? Remember, too, Alderney police officers have different uniforms and hardly (if ever) refer to themselves as LCPD, with some even announcing themselves as "State Police." So the developers clearly went through the trouble of making the officers themselves different, but then they stopped at differentiating the cars?

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

BrownieBear

Stripes remained in the same place

Consider this a gift...

hn7UG2j.jpg

DOUGL4S1

Here we go again..

BrownieBear

I love it!

BlackScout

A real gift would be to have access to that supposed beta build.

EDIT: LOL, rekt.

Edited by BlackScout

Spider-Vice

There's no beta build. The account is a dupe. Party's over.

GtaFanatik

There's no beta build. The account is a dupe. Party's over.

But but.. the reflections? There aren't world reflections on the bottom half of any car in the final game. Edited by GtaFanatik

Fierelier

I am not sure if this was ever found, I tried searching google and everything. There was supposed to be a gaming activity that you could do with friends (or Brucie, at least). There is leftover phone-dialogue between Niko and Brucie.

The phone-dialogue I found should almost be complete, unfortunately OpenIV crashed while I skimmed through it. There maybe are more lines to find, perhaps even from other characters and actual face to face dialogue. I haven't looked through everything.

EDIT: This would explain the videogame animation that @HeySlickThatsMe found:

0dVOCLT.png

Edited by Fierelier

DOUGL4S1

Yeah, it was posted, there's one of those for most characters

Hmmm nice bike

I know I've heard dialogue from Brucie and Roman about playing video games. I wonder if the game console prop in Luis' apartment is a remnant of this (maybe it was going to be in all safehouses, or available in the nicer ones once they were unlocked).

sebbellic01

I am not sure if this was ever found, I tried searching google and everything. There was supposed to be a gaming activity that you could do with friends (or Brucie, at least). There is leftover phone-dialogue between Niko and Brucie.

The phone-dialogue I found should almost be complete, unfortunately OpenIV crashed while I skimmed through it. There maybe are more lines to find, perhaps even from other characters and actual face to face dialogue. I haven't looked through everything.

EDIT: This would explain the videogame animation that @HeySlickThatsMe found:

0dVOCLT.png

This would involve Niko and his friends going to the Videogeddon arcade, which is inaccessible in the final game.

It was definitely accessible at some stage during development as an entire mission was based there. The audio, mocap and coding were definitely completed for this mission because there are gaps in the values for Dwayne's missions in the audio files, script files, and also the cutscene files.

DWAYNE1 was Ruff Rider, DWAYNE2 was the cut mission (seemingly an early version of Ruff Rider).

9yFu3Of.jpg

Hmmm nice bike

I'm guessing this is how the zombie and space minigames would have been played, too. Ads for the zombie game actually exist in the game, too. Star Junction has ads for something called "Z: Resurrection" (it appears to be an in-universe video game), and it shares the same logo as the zombie minigame found in the files (which is right on the first page of this thread).

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

sebbellic01

I'm guessing this is how the zombie and space minigames would have been played, too. Ads for the zombie game actually exist in the game, too. Star Junction has ads for something called "Z: Resurrection" (it appears to be an in-universe video game), and it shares the same logo as the zombie minigame found in the files (which is right on the first page of this thread).

Pinball probably too going off what is in the files.

"Z: Resurrection" is actually a movie in the GTA 4 universe, the minigame that R* planned would have been a spin-off to that movie. The ads are for the movie, not the game.

Hmmm nice bike

Got it. I was thinking it was a game since I know that in the newsstands at Star Junction, one of the magazines lists "Z: Resurrection" on a gaming magazine. I guess you're right though, the game was meant to be a spinoff/tie-in with the film.

OpenIV Team

The phone-dialogue I found should almost be complete, unfortunately OpenIV crashed while I skimmed through it.

Please report it here - http://gtaforums.com/forum/403-openiv/