GTA 4 is laggy even if I upgrade my computer

Mr.Arrow

Here is my specs:

Windoes 7 64 bit Home Premium

Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4Ghz

Kingston 8gb ram

GTX 780 3 GB Ram

My computer couldnt make 60fps consistent even though GTX 780 is one of the latest card with a powerful cpu.

It dips from 80fps to 15fps even in cutscene like what the f*ck?

Plz help me

Edited by Cyberzone2

1. Use -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions. You're experiencing the infamous VRAM bug in GTA IV.

2. Enable V-sync.

Post me your current graphic settings.

1. Use -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions. You're experiencing the infamous VRAM bug in GTA IV.

2. Enable V-sync.

1. Been there ,done that.

2. V-Sync make it even more worse lol

I dont have the picture though:

Everything maxed settings[ 3840 x 2160 resolution, Vehicle Density 100 , Distance 100, Detail 100,Shadow 100,Texture filter 16x and I turned off V-Sync ]

Edited by Cyberzone2

2. Enable V-sync.

1. Been there ,done that.

2. V-Sync make it even more worse lol

I dont have the picture though:

Everything maxed settings[ 3840 x 2160 resolution, Vehicle Density 100 , Distance 100, Detail 100,Shadow 100,Texture filter 16x and I turned off V-Sync ]

Try playing at 1920x1080 instead, turn down your Render distance to 30 and Detail distance to 25.

GTA IV isn't built to be played at 100 distance, you wont see any difference and it'll only hog up your system.

^^

I lower my resolution to 1080p and it increase my fps to about 90fps ( 55-60fps in crowded area lol)

Guess its playable for me now .

Maybe I overestimate my Computer lolz

The biggest thing for me was Shadows. High and Very High have a huge difference in performance, but only a slight difference in quality. Very High settings are really only for people with awesome beast rigs, but for everyone else High should be great. I can run view distance and detail distance at 100 with no problems, shadows though is the big one.

The biggest thing for me was Shadows. High and Very High have a huge difference in performance, but only a slight difference in quality. Very High settings are really only for people with awesome beast rigs, but for everyone else High should be great. I can run view distance and detail distance at 100 with no problems, shadows though is the big one.

True, the difference between High and Very High shadows are negligible. It's not worth the performance sacrifice.

It's weird, I have cheap latop with Intel Core i3, amd gpu 1g and ram 8b and I run GTA IV with textures, shadows and water set on high and other on medium.

I have the same specs. What video drivers are you using? I use 335.23 WHQL. Works pretty good and gives me a nice FPS boost over newer video drivers for this game.

I keep my view and detail distance at 50 and 50. Seems okay to me, sometimes I dip to 40FPS though.

I'll try 30 and 25.

I have the same specs. What video drivers are you using? I use 335.23 WHQL. Works pretty good and gives me a nice FPS boost over newer video drivers for this game.

I keep my view and detail distance at 50 and 50. Seems okay to me, sometimes I dip to 40FPS though.

I'll try 30 and 25.

I have render distance at 40 and detail distance 0. :pp

I'll try 30 and 25.

I have render distance at 40 and detail distance 0. :pp

You'll waste your render distance by having that detail distance.

Besides, detail distance doesn't hurt performance that much, as long as you set it below render distance.

What's wrong with 40 FPS? Seems pretty good to me...

It's more than enough on open-world games like IV.

View Distance and Detail Distance is really this much for you guys? I barely notice a difference in fraps when I set it to 1 and 100. (Both view and detail)
Maybe like 1-2 frames different tops.