A question about cutscenes

Blacklist79

Hi, tomorrow I'm getting the GTA IV from my friend and I thought "Why not to complete the story again!"

So I want to get the Liberty City Minute achievement, but does cutscenes count to overall game time?

Thanks for any help :D

I believe they do, but it's best to skip them.. if you've already played through it before.

VWSTp.png

universetwisters

I've beat the game and got that achievement while I watched the cutscenes. Just try not to do any friend stuff or the likes between missions and stuff, goof off after you get the achievement.

sTgL5iS.png

I remember first playing the game. I didn't have Xbox LIVE so I don't think the time counted. I got the Achievement.

Lethal Vaccine

LOL...I missed this Trophy by 56 minutes...I got 40 hours 56 minutes playing time when I finished the story. But I was 20% extra game completion cuz I did a lot of side stuff while doing the story which is 60%...In my pause menu, it says Cutscenes Watched: 32...Even though I could of sworn I skipped basically all of them...

LOL...I missed this Trophy by 56 minutes...I got 40 hours 56 minutes playing time when I finished the story. But I was 20% extra game completion cuz I did a lot of side stuff while doing the story which is 60%...In my pause menu, it says Cutscenes Watched: 32...Even though I could of sworn I skipped basically all of them...

You missed the Trophy by 10 hours and 56 mins, you need to complete the story in 30 hours.

On my first time I missed by 5 hours and some 30 mins, can't really wait to get back to IV with the awesome car handling :)

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

You missed the Trophy by 10 hours and 56 mins, you need to complete the story in 30 hours.

On my first time I missed by 5 hours and some 30 mins, can't really wait to get back to IV with the awesome car handling :)

Oh, it's 30 hours? Not 40? Ok, well that makes me feel a bit better than...LOL...

I don't go for Trophies, though. I stick to 100% Completion with 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed, and a Vehicle Collection.

Edited by Militia

Nah mate, those cutscenes aren't as long as you expected. I got the trophy by skipping some unimportant cutscenes, and managed to finish the story on the 18 hours mark.

Oh, it's 30 hours? Not 40? Ok, well that makes me feel a bit better than...LOL...

I don't go for Trophies, though. I stick to 100% Completion with 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed, and a Vehicle Collection.

I usually go for completing the story and when I'm bored, I like to collect Trophies. Usually in free time I go to drive a Banshee or do the swingset glitch LOL

Lethal Vaccine

Try doing the 200 Pigeons, when you finish, you'll want to rip your f*cking hair out, LOL

I just finished IV to 100% earlier today, and the final thing I did was those 200 Pigeons across 3 whole days. I ended the game at 57 hours, 49 minutes, and 1 second. However, those 200 Pigeons alone took me 8 hours...across 3 days splitting it up. Did 75, then 75, then 50 today to finish them.

• Like 1

The collectables in V were a bit annoying, but they were easy to complete, but in San Andreas it was really a hell :panic:

Try doing the 200 Pigeons, when you finish, you'll want to rip your f*cking hair out, LOL

I just finished IV to 100% earlier today, and the final thing I did was those 200 Pigeons across 3 whole days. I ended the game at 57 hours, 49 minutes, and 1 second. However, those 200 Pigeons alone took me 8 hours...across 3 days splitting it up. Did 75, then 75, then 50 today to finish them.

I'm going to sound like a huge kiss ass fanboy to IV, but pigeons honestly didn't bother me. It took me 3 or 4 days to complete all of them. Granted, i don't have a job like you do, and i also watched a YouTube video to walk me along through it. But even still, i thought it was kinda cool, getting to see parts of the city i wouldn't normally see. You 100%ed SanAndreas right? What was worse, the pigeons or the oysters?

Lethal Vaccine

The collectables in V were a bit annoying, but they were easy to complete, but in San Andreas it was really a hell :panic:

V's Collectables weren't THAT bad, imo. SA wasn't bad either, as I used the Jetpack for all 250 Collectables. But the Oysters were the worst...

I'm going to sound like a huge kiss ass fanboy to IV, but pigeons honestly didn't bother me. It took me 3 or 4 days to complete all of them. Granted, i don't have a job like you do, and i also watched a YouTube video to walk me along through it. But even still, i thought it was kinda cool, getting to see parts of the city i wouldn't normally see. You 100%ed SanAndreas right? What was worse, the pigeons or the oysters?

I finished all 200 Pigeons in 8 hours or so, across a total of 3 days. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. But because it was the same function (shoot, kill, move onto next one...Repeat 199 more times) and 60% of the time getting a wanted level, it really f*cking bothered me. I even used a Helitours Maverick to get them all, too...

And, I only JUST got a job like 3 weeks ago as I been sitting on my ass searching since August 2013, so one year ago I graduated college finally. I did 6 games in a row, too. This could be a reason as to why I am annoyed. Try doing 100 Hidden Packages in III, then move to VC and do 100 Hidden Packages, then do 100 Spray Tags, 50 Oysters, 50 Snapshots, and 50 Horseshoes in SA, then do 100 Hidden Packages in LCS, then do 99 Red Balloons in VCS, and then do 200 Pigeons in IV. I did all 6 of these games, back to back to back to back to back to back since April. Oh, and don't forget in March I did TLaD and TBoGT back to back and did 50 Pigeons for those games, too. The Collectables are just a pile of bullsh*t repetitve nonsense that has been there since GTA III days and after blowing through 8 total games from March, I am getting tired of doing this. Same goes for Stunt Jumps. It's f*cking repetetive and not fun if you do it every god damn game, same outcome...

Oh, and I also used a Youtube walkthrough (GTA Series Guides Walkthrough) but it didn't really make it go any faster. I had to walk back and forth to my PC and PS3 200 times...f*cking annoying...

Yeah, that's the only good part of the Pigeons, you get to see other parts of the city you normally wouldn't take notice.

Yeah, the Oysters were pretty bad in SA, I won't lie. All 250 Collectables in SA took me 4 days, and 200 Pigeons in IV 3 days.

• Like 3

Yea i get you. I have a laptop, so it was real easy for me to watch the video and kill the rats at the same time. I documented all the pigeon and stunt jumps on notepad, made it much easier to continue on the next day after i was done. I want to 100% other GTA games, but i'm not gonna lie - it seems pretty intimidating. I only 100%ed IV because it was my favorite and the game is pretty simple to 100%. Plus, its hard for me to play the 3D games on my laptop, i'm too used to controllers and the laptop touchpad is pretty crappy. If i ever do go for 100% in those GTAs, i'm getting a mouse...

Now that you finished IV, are you on to V? Or did you already 100% it?

I don't really like collectables because there is no real reward after SA. Remember you got a Tank and Hydra at Grove Street? I think there was some more stuff too you got, but I may be wrong. Now that was cool, what do you get in IV for shooting all of the Pigeons? An Annihilator and thats all. What do you get from collectables in V? 2 missions and a Buggy with thrash cans on it :lol: I simply dont feel to do them because it's simply not worth it if you ask me, but still the IV is still the best GTA for me :santa:

Oi! SA collectibles were least annoying and lot diverse. It was interesting to complete them, since you aren't necessarily forced to go out of the way. It served the purpose of exploring the areas on the map.

Above all, the rewards were great for collecting them. :p

Lethal Vaccine

Yea i get you. I have a laptop, so it was real easy for me to watch the video and kill the rats at the same time. I documented all the pigeon and stunt jumps on notepad, made it much easier to continue on the next day after i was done. I want to 100% other GTA games, but i'm not gonna lie - it seems pretty intimidating. I only 100%ed IV because it was my favorite and the game is pretty simple to 100%. Plus, its hard for me to play the 3D games on my laptop, i'm too used to controllers and the laptop touchpad is pretty crappy. If i ever do go for 100% in those GTAs, i'm getting a mouse...

Now that you finished IV, are you on to V? Or did you already 100% it?

Yeah, all my GTA games are for PS2/3, and play on my PS3. I don't do PC gaming...Never tried, never will, either. It may be better in a lot of aspects, but it's something I gotta get used to, which I refuse to.

I already was done with 100% in V last October. I 100%'ed every single game in 3D and HD. But I want to do V again, cuz the more time that passes, the more vehicle discoveries are found, thus I can generate a collection in V, like I did with every other game...I also used a Save Editor on V to mod my save, so I want to have a legit, clean, perfect save just like the other 8 games...

I don't really like collectables because there is no real reward after SA. Remember you got a Tank and Hydra at Grove Street? I think there was some more stuff too you got, but I may be wrong. Now that was cool, what do you get in IV for shooting all of the Pigeons? An Annihilator and thats all. What do you get from collectables in V? 2 missions and a Buggy with thrash cans on it :lol: I simply dont feel to do them because it's simply not worth it if you ask me, but still the IV is still the best GTA for me :santa:

The Tank and Hydra at Grove Street is 100% Completion rewards....Also Infinite Ammo...

The collectables in SA gave you guns in Las Venturas, San Fierro, etc at the safehouses...Similar to GTA III, VC, LCS, and VCS with collectables...

Oi! SA collectibles were least annoying and lot diverse. It was interesting to complete them, since you aren't necessarily forced to go out of the way. It served the purpose of exploring the areas on the map.

Above all, the rewards were great for collecting them. :p

True. Yes, the rewards were no different than the past games in 3D Era. These were so much better haha

• Like 2

I did one play through where I watched every cutscene and one where I skipped everyone, there was about a 5 hour difference between the two doing just missions.