How can I permanently turn off Radio? [PS2]

skyeyemx

I can't listen to Radio X in my game at all. As soon as it hits "Radio X", my game crashes. Yep, crashes on Radio X. I wish I could say more, but that's all I know. Please help, guys.

You could say more: such as what platform is the game?

Which version is the game?

Did you install from STEAM download (v3), or DVD (v2)?

Is the game modded? Remove the mods...

Where where your and what were you doing at the time you changed channels?

What is your Operating System?

You could say more: such as what platform is the game?Which version is the game?Did you install from STEAM download (v3), or DVD (v2)?Is the game modded? Remove the mods...Where where your and what were you doing at the time you changed channels?What is your Operating System?

I'm not too good at this but I'll tell you what I know; I'm on PS2, and no mods, hacks, or cheat devices were used at all. I cheated a couple times (28 to be exact), but those were merely 2 weapon cheats, a health/money cheat, and the rest being vehicle spawning cheats (I spawned like, 20 Vortexes and blew them all up). I don't know the version, but it's certainty not the first; the unmarked Pay 'n' Spray is always closed, and blue hell reveals the interior doesn't even exist.

Here's exactly what I was doing; I was driving a dark blue Tanker, heading north on the road east of Doherty garage. I turn to Radio X, nothing plays, but that low buzzing sound (that plays whenever you switch stations) just kept repeating over and over. I drive down the road, realizing nothing is loading. When I got to the TransFender, it was still using its "Low LOD" model/texture, as if I were far away. I drove even further north, and WHAM! * freeze *

And about my progress; I beat all of the story missions, (Big Smoke to End of the Line), beat Firefighter, Brown Thunder, and Paramedic, sprayed all tags, have gold on all schools (unlocked Hotknife, NRG-500, Jetmax, and Hunter), and have not done any of the "Big Smoke's yay couriers" calls from Cesar. I killed all of the GF's I met, and have full gang control over all of Ganton, Idlewood, Playa del Seville, both western areas and Glen Park. What I didn't mention, I didn't do.

OMFG JUST GOT 100% WITH THE GLITCH STILL HERE

Edited by SkyEye

Username.gta

As this is a PS2 related problem, there is not much which can be done.

Try checking the disc, is there any noticeable scratches or dents on the disc? If there are a lot of scratches, then maybe the game disc could be damaged. You could always clean the disc using one of several methods. I often use toothpaste and wipes when cleaning discs. Surprisingly, it seems to do the job wonders. If this doesn't help, or if there aren't any noticeable scratches on the disc, then you may be better buying a replacement copy. PS2 games are relatively cheap nowadays and San Andreas is quite a common game so shouldn't go for too much, you may be able to find a new copy if you shop around. The saves should work with your new copy, as save files are memory card based.

I've also heard people associate texture problems to cheating, but it is usually in high numbers (over a thousand cheats entered), and you've said you've only entered a few.

Is this the first you've noticed, or has Radio X been doing this for the duration of the game?

Hope I've helped.

Edited by Username.gta

Just to be sure it's not a save related issue (unlikely, but there is some radio data stored in the save) try pulling any memory cards with SA saves on them and boot up a new game, then check Radio X. My guess is that you'll have the same issue but it's worth checking just to be sure.

Cleaning your PS2 may also deduced errors. SA is rather a tough disc to read for some of the older models. I've had to clean my disc heads several times over the years to keep the game running. I won't suggest a strategy as it's one of those things that will void your warranty if you do it yourself. That wasn't an issue on my ancient hardware.

My ps2 is in great condition. And, from that one time, to now, all of my saves are glitched...

Known glitches in my game; The basketball glitch is happening, and I once had the gym glitch. I've also seen many hidden interiors, but that shouldn't be considered a glitch.

San Andreas has many glitches. I am wondering if there are any that let me disable the radio. No, not switch it to "Radio Off", I mean, turn it off. I need to, because Radio X crashes my game, and like, half the cars play it. Help?

Info; I found out that the stadium contests and the lowrider challenge temporarily disable the radio, if you are within a certain radius of the area. I hope someone can find a perma-disable glitch with this info.

More BS; I know a glitch of this kind exists. I did find one glitch; when exporting the last car, using the jetpack cheat at the right time will make the "Two more cars are now available for importing" message not to appear. For some dumb reason, this means the radio disables. Unfortunately, I did not save, and now I have 100% and am too lazy to go back just to export a car for a glitch.

Edited by SkyEye

HeroBrineR007

What if you go to settings>audio settings and switch auto radio to off?

HeroBrineR007

Idk if it's on whatever platform you're running but on my phone i think you could disable the radio. Or atleast turn on another radio station that will always start when entering a car.

There is no way to turn the radio off on the PS2. Actually not even on the PC.

I find this problem with a Console interesting.

You do have the Real Original Rockstar Disc... you aren't trying to use a bootleg game?