Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

lucy12345

Least favourite GTA game?

Least favorite  

327 members have voted

  1. 1. Least favorite GTA game?

    • GTA 1
      13
    • GTA 2
      3
    • GTA III
      28
    • GTA VC
      8
    • GTA SA
      16
    • GTA LCS
      28
    • GTA VCS
      11
    • GTA Advance
      75
    • GTA IV
      31
    • GTA TLaD
      16
    • GTA TBoGT
      7
    • GTA CW
      16
    • GTA V
      75


Recommended Posts

Laker23
23 hours ago, Cjrememberthat said:

I know its an opinion thing but what im sayin is they really really HATE the games, you can understand from the way they comment, every single gta4 youtube video has hate towards gta5 and it really looks stupid. I mean why not shut the f*ck up instead?

Oh, I get that. The hate gets a little OTT, especially on this forum.

 

I generally don't like to visit this part of the forum anymore because I see the same pattern in so many threads non-stop. Somebody mentions they don't like a certain GTA, V and SA especially, and somebody bites back saying how terrible IV was. 

 

I wouldn't mind so much if it happened in a V vs IV topic, but I see this in so many unrelated threads that I'd rather spend the small amount of time I'm here not watching the same 'debates' recycled.

Edited by Laker23
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

I kinda agree to some extent. I mean, taking YouTube for example, not like GTA V videos' comments are any better, but whenever I watch a "GTA IV's attention to detail" kind of video, I expect to find comments that are very relevant to the displayed details, or ones that haven't been mentioned in the video. But as you can expect, most comments are like "GTA IV is much better than GTA V, like if you agree".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
9 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I kinda agree to some extent. I mean, taking YouTube for example, not like GTA V videos' comments are any better, but whenever I watch a "GTA IV's attention to detail" kind of video, I expect to find comments that are very relevant to the displayed details, or ones that haven't been mentioned in the video. But as you can expect, most comments are like "GTA IV is much better than GTA V, like if you agree".

The GTA V comments are actually pretty chill for the most part. Also, I hate people who do that "like if you agree" nonsense. Just a unshameful way of begging for likes.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

I voted for GTA 3 which is very enjoyable with some mods. The 2 others I played are Vice City and San Andreas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darksats

Easily gta v followed closely by gta 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kierolack666

Grand Theft Auto V.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JPFL

GTA V and GTA VCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylen pizarro

san andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial

GTA Liberty City Stories of the ones that I have completed. Probably GTA Advance if I actually bothered to play it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Made Man
Posted (edited)

People(mainly on this site) dislike GTA SA for the dumbest reason.... "i dNT lEk hIP hAp oR gANgS!"  And no GTA SA is not my favorite(but its up there). Even if the gang story is not your cup of tea which is understandable, you gotta admit the whole gang wars was fun as sh*t and dressing up in gang colors doing drive bys. 

 

My least favorite is easily GTA LCS. Very bland game(gameplay and story) that offers nothing new with a dry and weak protagonist. I actually prefer GTA 3 over GTA LCS.

Edited by The Made Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBreak16
Posted (edited)

GTA  Advance is the worst piece of sh*t I ever saw...

Edited by MrBreak16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
8 hours ago, The Made Man said:

People(mainly on this site) dislike GTA SA for the dumbest reason.... "i dNT lEk hIP hAp oR gANgS!"  And no GTA SA is not my favorite(but its up there). Even if the gang story is not your cup of tea which is understandable, you gotta admit the whole gang wars was fun as sh*t and dressing up in gang colors doing drive bys. 

 

My least favorite is easily GTA LCS. Very bland game(gameplay and story) that offers nothing new with a dry and weak protagonist. I actually prefer GTA 3 over GTA LCS.

I agree with the second point completely, but how did you come to the first conclusion? From what I noticed on the forums people who dislike GTA SA dislike it mostly because of CJ having his ups and downs and because of the chaotic story. Many people actually liked the LS portion the most because it had a proper GTA gang-based aspect, unlike running around the countryside or robbing a casino for the heck of it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Made Man
5 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I agree with the second point completely, but how did you come to the first conclusion? From what I noticed on the forums people who dislike GTA SA dislike it mostly because of CJ having his ups and downs and because of the chaotic story. Many people actually liked the LS portion the most because it had a proper GTA gang-based aspect, unlike running around the countryside or robbing a casino for the heck of it...

I don't know? I've seen the opposite of many not liking it because they can not relate to the gang-banging/hood theme. Me? I can not relate to Bikers nor do I even really care about reading up stuff about Bikers but I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost and Damned and found it unique. GTA SA story being chaotic after Los Santos is a good and fair reasons not to like it but it makes up for it with its gameplay content. I'm just saying I've seen many people say they dislike GTA SA due to not relating to the gang-banger theme(even in this thread).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
2 hours ago, The Made Man said:

I don't know? I've seen the opposite of many not liking it because they can not relate to the gang-banging/hood theme. Me? I can not relate to Bikers nor do I even really care about reading up stuff about Bikers but I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost and Damned and found it unique. GTA SA story being chaotic after Los Santos is a good and fair reasons not to like it but it makes up for it with its gameplay content. I'm just saying I've seen many people say they dislike GTA SA due to not relating to the gang-banger theme(even in this thread).

Eh, personally I liked the SF portion the most out of GTA SA, driving into SF for the first time was a great experience :D but I also really loved the gang vibe in LS and wished gang wars could expand all over San Andreas. I was never really too heavy on the rest of the story, only LS and SF are very memorable to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Made Man
23 minutes ago, Jeansowaty said:

Eh, personally I liked the SF portion the most out of GTA SA, driving into SF for the first time was a great experience :D but I also really loved the gang vibe in LS and wished gang wars could expand all over San Andreas. I was never really too heavy on the rest of the story, only LS and SF are very memorable to me.

LV was my favorite part of the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArthurMorganRDR

Grand Theft Auto V

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrizio
Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2014 at 12:21 PM, wiizardii said:

Its a cycle that butthurt fans in this forum does: When a GTA game gets released, its hated and the previous one gets praised, when the next GTA comes out, the one that was hated gets praised: and the new one is the one that gets hated.

 

Said it before and I'll say it again - that's not really true. Not in my experience as a long time member of this forum.

 

VC was LOVED with almost zero criticism. The little criticism it faced was about the map - and some of that was me!

 

SA was LOVED but maybe slightly less so than VC. It did have a little more criticism but to be honest - not much. CJ got some criticism as a character but overall it was well liked.

 

IV set the cat among the pigeons. Half of the fanbase loved the more lean and mature approach - including the upgraded physics. Half were aghast at the lack of planes, the limited weapons and the "rags to better rags" story. This split the fanbase in two.

 

V tried to please the SA and the IV fans but managed to dissatisfyy both camps. Hence the amount of criticism V gets.

Edited by PaddsterG2k3
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmarMohammed
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PaddsterG2k3 said:

SA was LOVED but maybe slightly less so than VC

what are you talking about? SA Is the most overrated gta of all time!

Edited by OmarMohammed
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrizio
8 minutes ago, OmarMohammed said:

what are you talking about? SA Is the most overrated gta of all time!

I'm talking about how it was received on this forum, in 2004/5/6. IV brought out a lot of criticism towards SA but there was not much before IV.

 

He was referring to a cycle on the forum that GTA is criticised on this forum. I was arguing that historically that was not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmarMohammed
7 minutes ago, PaddsterG2k3 said:

I'm talking about how it was received on this forum, in 2004/5/6. IV brought out a lot of criticism towards SA but there was not much before IV.

 

He was referring to a cycle on the forum that GTA is criticised on this forum. I was arguing that historically that was not true.

oh ok. But I wonder why IV brought criticism towards sa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, OmarMohammed said:

oh ok. But I wonder why IV brought criticism towards sa

I thought it was the other way round? Lot of people felt IV was missing lot of features from SA, and for a while IV was seen as the black sheep of the franchise. Of course public perception has swung wildly to the other side now and I wasn't that active on the net during those days but I felt IV was some times unfairly criticised for lacking things from SA despite the fact that R* had a different vision for it

 

OT: Don't have a least favorite now, I would have said III or LCS before but now I can't say for sure what is my least favorite

Edited by Utopianthumbs
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrizio
2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I thought it was the other way round? Lot of people felt IV was missing lot of features from SA, and for a while IV was seen as the black sheep of the franchise. Of course public perception has swung wildly to the other side now and I wasn't that active on the net during those days but I felt IV was some times unfairly criticised for lacking things from SA despite the fact that R* had a different vision for it

 

OT: Don't have a least favorite now, I would have said III or LCS before but now I can't say for sure what is my least favorite

It was the other way around in many ways but IV brought fans to the series that preferred the more lean and mature focus. These fans then clashed with the SA-type fans that criticised IV and pointed out the holes in SA that had previously been overlooked - if that makes sense? 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Collin

Idk about GTA V. Been awhile since i played it, Online has been ruined with that flying bikes etc stuff i havent played it since and not singleplayer in years. But was watching a mission the story is not that great as other games, but tbh theres alot of things you can do even if u dont like the game, and the graphic is pretty good and you have a countryside even if its not the best one etc. Soo wouldn't say that is the worst one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
On 3/21/2020 at 1:21 AM, The Made Man said:

People(mainly on this site) dislike GTA SA for the dumbest reason.... "i dNT lEk hIP hAp oR gANgS!"  And no GTA SA is not my favorite(but its up there). Even if the gang story is not your cup of tea which is understandable, you gotta admit the whole gang wars was fun as sh*t and dressing up in gang colors doing drive bys. 

 

My least favorite is easily GTA LCS. Very bland game(gameplay and story) that offers nothing new with a dry and weak protagonist. I actually prefer GTA 3 over GTA LCS.

That's not the most common reason on here from what I've seen. It's usually that people think the story is too silly and over the top (especially after CJ leaves LS) and aren't into the aliens and jetpacks and blue hair and purple dildos and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
On 3/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, The Made Man said:

People(mainly on this site) dislike GTA SA for the dumbest reason.... "i dNT lEk hIP hAp oR gANgS!"  And no GTA SA is not my favorite(but its up there). Even if the gang story is not your cup of tea which is understandable, you gotta admit the whole gang wars was fun as sh*t and dressing up in gang colors doing drive bys. 

I can only speak for myself, but my personal reason for not liking San Andreas isn't because of gangs, hip hop etc. CJ's a weak character, but it's not because being apart of a gang. He's just shallow and not as fleshed out like people think he is. R* tried to make him more "human" compared to Claude and Tommy, but failed hard and he's rightfully chastised for being inconsistent and just not being a very good protagonist.

 

Onto the game itself even in 2004 long before I joined this forum there was always something about it that didn't sit well with me. Even at the time I was a Vice City fan and before the sh*tfights between San Andreas and GTA IV fans on here it never felt that great to me. I hated most of the micromanagement it introduced, most of the side missions were/are silly even back then compared to its predecessors etc. The first thing I remember playing it was "this looks worse than Vice City". No joke. It left a bad impression on me literally a few minutes when I first played it.

 

Sure I played it for hours as I guess most GTA fans did back then, but it's never felt like the messiah or "God" GTA. Being on this forum particularly since the introduction of the HD era has brought out all the ugliness though. I understand people have their own tastes and I would never discredit someone if it was their favourite game, but the f*ck nuts over the years that insist every GTA that's come after it are "inferior" because they don't have this feature or that feature really don't do the game's weaker points any favours.

 

I've seen this series grow and evolve since I first played GTA 1 in 1998 and as unpopular of opinion as it is I actually see San Andreas (and both Stories games for that matter) as a low point of the series and I'm so glad R* course corrected it with GTA IV and put things back on the rails. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Made Man
1 minute ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I can only speak for myself, but my personal reason for not liking San Andreas isn't because of gangs, hip hop etc. CJ's a weak character, but it's not because being apart of a gang. He's just shallow and not as fleshed out like people think he is. R* tried to make him more "human" compared to Claude and Tommy, but failed hard and he's rightfully chastised for being inconsistent and just not being a very good protagonist.

 

Onto the game itself even in 2004 long before I joined this forum there was always something about it that didn't sit well with me. Even at the time I was a Vice City fan and before the sh*tfights between San Andreas and GTA IV fans on here it never felt that great to me. I hated most of the micromanagement it introduced, most of the side missions were/are silly even back then compared to its predecessors etc. The first thing I remember playing it was "this looks worse than Vice City". No joke. It left a bad impression on me literally a few minutes when I first played it.

 

Sure I played it for hours as I guess most GTA fans did back then, but it's never felt like the messiah or "God" GTA. Being on this forum particularly since the introduction of the HD era has brought out all the ugliness though. I understand people have their own tastes and I would never discredit someone if it was their favourite game, but the f*ck nuts over the years that insist every GTA that's come after it are "inferior" because they don't have this feature or that feature really don't do the game's weaker points any favours.

 

I've seen this series grow and evolve since I first played GTA 1 in 1998 and as unpopular of opinion as it is I actually see San Andreas (and both Stories games for that matter) as a low point of the series and I'm so glad R* course corrected it with GTA IV and put things back on the rails. 

Respectfully agree-disagree. Vice City is more favorite GTA game but GTA SA is in my top 5. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmarMohammed
4 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

CJ's a weak character

Sometimes when I hear "CJ is the best protagonist" I just smack my head to the wall 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limefong
Posted (edited)

GTA V is my least favorite. Possibly the most overrated GTA. The storyline made no sense after Prologue. I couldn't stand almost every character in the game.

Edited by Limefong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Theft Auto

GTA 3 and Adv.

 

I never hate SA but the F#€KING Kids. All you had to do was to follow the damn train CJ! Meme is gay as f*ck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limefong
On 5/26/2020 at 7:09 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

I never hate SA but the F#€KING Kids. All you had to do was to follow the damn train CJ! Meme is gay as f*ck. 

Ikr, too f*cking overused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.