Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,810 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MyDog

TBoGT ruined Bulgarin (Spoilers)

HollandNights

To me it felt as though they just needed another antagonist for TBOGT that people were already familiar with, and didn't want to add any more new people (After the addition of Evan, Rocco and his Uncle) so Bulgarin was the next best thing...

He was pretty much the only person we already hated that Niko hadn't already dispatched!

Bulgarin was always supposed to be in GTA TBOGT. Replay Diamonds are a girls Best Friend from GTA IV.

Yes, but it didn't imply that he would be Luis' antagonist.

And a bumbling idiot of an antagonist for that matter..

MrVance

The only thing that didn`t make sense was a russian gangster having likes for hard rock music lol.

Or even less sense watching that fat chimpanzee of Timur playing an electric guitar. It makes as much sense as seeing John Marston driving bugatti veyron instead of riding kentucky sadler horse.

Who would have tought that some cranky and impotent middle aged russian mobsters love rock that much.

"stick your guitar up your f*cking ass"

Lol

Budweiser Addict

The only thing that didn`t make sense was a russian gangster having likes for hard rock music lol.

Or even less sense watching that fat chimpanzee of Timur playing an electric guitar. It makes as much sense as seeing John Marston driving bugatti veyron instead of riding kentucky sadler horse.

Who would have tought that some cranky and impotent middle aged russian mobsters love rock that much.

"stick your guitar up your f*cking ass"

Lol

Well Bulgarin was age 50 in 2008, meaning he spent his teens/early twenties when rock music was actually decent/popular. Doesn't matter if his music taste doesn't fit the "big bad boss" stereotype, because really how the f*ck is their simple appearance going to dictate what they listen to?

On topic, I've really learned to accept most of the flaws in TBOGT. I can understand somewhat why somebody would treat a business associate differently to somebody whose head they want on a stick (or in Bulgarin's case inside a birthday cake box). Who says that before his and Niko's relationship turned to sh*t he didn't act like that around Niko?

The only problem I do have with the story is the fact that Billy's appearance in Chinese Takeout kind of ruins the whole coherency between Liz's roles in IV and TLAD... And even then his appearance was for what? Just to find out something we all assumed anyway? We didn't even get to find out who beat the f*ck out of him while Johnny and Jim were fighting the Chinese.

PhillBellic

I felt that TBOGT ruined Ray Bulgarin as a serious crime lord. In IV his appearance had a very serious tense tone. Then in TBOGT we find him being this man child who overstays his welcome in his sisters house and playing a guitar.

Cheers.

universetwisters

I felt that TBOGT ruined Ray Bulgarin as a serious crime lord. In IV his appearance had a very serious tense tone. Then in TBOGT we find him being this man child who overstays his welcome in his sisters house and playing a guitar.

To be fair, Kim Jong-il used to be an avid railfan.

But yeah, TBOGT really messed up how a lot of folks were. Yusuf went from a crazy overworked dude from what we heard from Playboy in IV to some fat, rich dolt in TBOGT.

fefenc

No one can be a crime lord for 24/7

TBoGT was perfect

Rebel Yell

The only problem I do have with the story is the fact that Billy's appearance in Chinese Takeout kind of ruins the whole coherency between Liz's roles in IV and TLAD... And even then his appearance was for what? Just to find out something we all assumed anyway? We didn't even get to find out who beat the f*ck out of him while Johnny and Jim were fighting the Chinese.

Oh wait... Didn't Billy crash his bike while making his escape? That's how he got his bruises as far as I know.

Edited by TheUnholy

Budweiser Addict

Oh wait... Didn't Billy crash his bike while making his escape? That's how he got his bruises as far as I know.Yes but then the question remains: why did Billy have to run yet Brian stayed where he was the whole time?

Rebel Yell

Oh wait... Didn't Billy crash his bike while making his escape? That's how he got his bruises as far as I know.
Yes but then the question remains: why did Billy have to run yet Brian stayed where he was the whole time?

Yeah, I can't say a thing about it. Although This sh*t's Cursed is one of my favourite missions in the whole IV trilogy, that part is senseless.

markusizr

ray was a bandit with rascalov to rob banks. And ray was voiced by Vitali Baganov

universetwisters

ray was a bandit with rascalov to rob banks

I doubt they robbed banks.

Edited by universetwisters

SemideyOne

I think a lot of you are getting the wrong impression of TBOGT...

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I don't really think it 'ruined' Bulgarin. It just showed us how does Bulgarin act with his friends and partners, and his behavior during his hobby times. And in the other hand, Dimitri is even worse, kind of pussy in front of Faustin in GTA IV. However, still, Bulgarin has a low temper which he tries to hide from people who are close to him. That's why he would seem a bit of childish from time to time.

Also, one of things that would be of the most 'ruining' consideration would be the way he threatens Luis after he knew that the latter was involved with the diamond deals; which would be expected, because he has just lose two million dollar worth of diamonds, no wonder he'll be so angry in the mean time.

If Luis was an old enemy of him like Niko, then you would see him acting like he did in vanilla IV's story. (still thinking that he would be a more fitting antagonist than Dimitri)

Edited by Kane49