2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Regarding jets and buzzards

iTz-JoNeSy

These two need massive nerfs. They've made weapons about as powerful as my super soaker, tanks into paper, and left air units way too over powered. If you come across good jet/buzzard users, you'll know that it's pretty much impossible to take them down. Even good players have no choice but to jump in passive mode. I enjoy battling but I'm getting pretty tired of the new run away on foot, fight only with a jet routine.

LightningLord

These two need massive nerfs. They've made weapons about as powerful as my super soaker, tanks into paper, and left air units way too over powered. If you come across good jet/buzzard users, you'll know that it's pretty much impossible to take them down. Even good players have no choice but to jump in passive mode. I enjoy battling but I'm getting pretty tired of the new run away on foot, fight only with a jet routine.

Jet: Use a Heavy Sniper, Minigun, or a Minigun. Or hide in a tunnel and watch them crash.

Buzzard: When close, use the Assault Shotgun. It's great for taking out helicopters. If far, most weapons can take it out. Try shooting the rockets. It'll make it explode. Also the windows on the Buzzard are kind of large.

IcOqQpq.gif

We just need something to combat jets, other than that, Buzzards are not an issue, they're super easy to take down.

Passive mode.

• Like 3

The Buzzard is OP?

Something I just learned yeah. Recently I've been coming across a lot of rambo air units. Units that fail to miss with a single missile. I was using mini gun on the buzzards and it didn't do much. It's mostly crews that do this too. You can't really focus on 3 people on foot and one in a jet. Jets nowadays are wiping you out before you can even fire a sniper round off.

No what we need is to stop complaining about things that don't need to be fixed.

Helicopter > After, landing on the roof of a building > Sniper Heavy Preferably > Pull the reactor twice until he smokes > Do not thank me for this easy solution.

We just need something to combat jets, other than that, Buzzards are not an issue, they're super easy to take down.

A few months ago, I would agree. Now, not so much. I gave everything to a buzzard just before and had my ass handed to me. Its the first time I've had my ass handed to me so bad and sure as hell the first time being killed 10 times by a buzzard. Maybe its because they can top up their armor all the time? Or the crazy lag that's going around lately. My weapons even with auto aim locked on, was doing NOTHING to the pilot.

gorskiegangsta

I've been griefed exponentially more with bullets and stickies. Rockstar can nerf everything in game, making guns fire rainbows, and griefers will still manage to find a way.

Buzzards and Jets don't need a nerf. Tanks didn't need one either. Rockstar just had to fix their spawn system and PV insurance policies regarding tanks/broke griefers, which they've done. If you're being griefed, report the perpetrator, vote to kick, go to passive mode, and/or switch sessions altogether. No point of losing sleep over it.

LightningLord

A few months ago, I would agree. Now, not so much. I gave everything to a buzzard just before and had my ass handed to me. Its the first time I've had my ass handed to me so bad and sure as hell the first time being killed 10 times by a buzzard. Maybe its because they can top up their armor all the time? Or the crazy lag that's going around lately. My weapons even with auto aim locked on, was doing NOTHING to the pilot.

God mode.

• Like 1

IcOqQpq.gif

God mode.

Nope. After being blown up 6 times by missiles, he died. I then shot him in the face with a sniper and he died. He then started choosing the easy way out and ran off radar and straight to a new buzzard and then a jet.

justinlynch3

Buzzards are weak in armor, leaves pilots very exposed, has worthless miniguns, and rockets that has no auto aim to ground units (topped by poor free aim). It's not OP. I don't know if your lagging or what, but it needs no nerfs.

Now jets could use removal of explosive bullets. A good jet pilot can zoom in, give a quick bust of fire exploding you, pull up and fly off to fast for you to respawn, select a weapon and start firing.

I'd rather go with the Annililator to have explosive rounds. At least that things slow and can be destroyed easier, unlike jets.

• Like 2

Not A Nice Person

Buzzards are easy to take down, Yyou must be lagging pretty hard, I agree jets are OP though, Either remove explosive rounds or add anti laucher is a good start, I prefer the former a bit more since it'll be funny seeing jet griefers here like "OMG C* removed explosive rounds now I can't kill anyone because I'm not skilled enough!"

I'm a pretty good buzzard pilot but I still get shoot down by a player on foot probably once for each five times I kill him. If they are driving they are good as dead though. I'm going to make a post later on how to perfectly balance the aircraft. I've been thinking about it for a few months and have the perfect solution to everything now.

CrysisAverted

Buzzard is a no problem, just shoot the tail rotor with the heavy sniper, goes down like nothing. Works on every chopper but the Frogger

As for Jets, yeah just go off radar and sneak up on them with a tank/jet or lucky rpg

Edited by Sh4d0wX32111

TheBaronOfHell

Have to agree with what everyone else is saying. Just refine your methods of combating them. Buzzards certainly don't need nerfing, something as simple as throwing a grenade at the rotor will do.

If the pilot is decent enough there can be no chance to fight back at all, especially from the buzzard.

The buzzards rockets can easily shoot further than the minigun, so your only chance if the pilot simply shoots from a distance is a sniper. A good buzzard pilot will just fly over your head and start bobbing forward and backward so they can shoot you from an angle you cannot aim at. Then their is also the co-pilot rocket method where an RPG can be fired at a 90 degree angle and your screwed on ground.

If your solution for a Jet is to snipe them out, shut the f*ck up. Iv'e never been sniped out of a jet, and when I have hit the pilot, every time it only took a tiny amount of health off them.

I still don't agree with nerfing though. If your creative you can get away and call in your own buzzard without dying.

I've been griefed exponentially more with bullets and stickies. Rockstar can nerf everything in game, making guns fire rainbows, and griefers will still manage to find a way.

Buzzards and Jets don't need a nerf. Tanks didn't need one either. Rockstar just had to fix their spawn system and PV insurance policies regarding tanks/broke griefers, which they've done. If you're being griefed, report the perpetrator, vote to kick, go to passive mode, and/or switch sessions altogether. No point of losing sleep over it.

I'll never understand this logic. Why would you report somebody for using features that R* has implemented?

You should understand and accept the risk when entering a public lobby that not everybody will be playing nicely. Remember you can always find a new session.

Voting to kick is useless as well, unless you have the whole lobby do it. If somebody tries kicking me and I know who it is I generally spawn kill them back to the stone age.

HipHopMagician

I have a minigun and heavy sniper, so I've had no problem with anything. The Buzzard is OP? nope

Jet OP? Maybe, The cannon's fire rate could be reduced, so it's not just cover an area in explosions in front of you.

Edited by HipHopMagician

Enough with the nerf requests man

Youre gonna nerf this game back to GTA III. Dont take power away, give more power out to balance things. Saying that i dont see a problem.

To be fair if you were being attacked by a jet in RL theres not much you can do right. You would run and hide.

An AA launcher would pretty much make jets extinct. So no fun.

If you must fight then go off radar and get to cover somewhere then take your Heavy Sniper potshots.

"Don't fix something that's not broken."

What if we could find the van that had the aa gun in it from sp and could put the aa gun in it at the mod shop? I think that would be interesting. I don't think anything needs a nerf, just change your tactics.

Yea, they're fine OP. Just get better at avoiding them. Buzzards are easy to take down and so are Lazers. A heat seeking rocket would be cool though

Edited by TakeTwoVII

Crunch McThornbody

NO MORE NERF REQUESTS!

They already royally buttf*cked the tank to the point where it's practically made of cardboard, WE DON'T WANT PAPER AEROPLANES!!

Edited by Crunch McThornbody
  • Like 2

I've been griefed exponentially more with bullets and stickies.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! No! Hold the phone! This isn't you being griefed, this is "other people playing normally".

PERCEPTION ISSUE

Rockstar can nerf everything in game, making guns fire rainbows, and griefers will still manage to find a way.

Buzzards and Jets don't need a nerf. Tanks didn't need one either. Rockstar just had to fix their spawn system and PV insurance policies regarding tanks/broke griefers, which they've done.

Yes.

If you're being griefed, report the perpetrator, vote to kick, go to passive mode, and/or switch sessions altogether. No point of losing sleep over it.

Hmm, you're suffering from "victim culture" there. People attack each other all the time in free mode. Maybe you should stick to jobs or invite lobbies, which you can start from SP. Edited by BatFerYou

What we need is the Heat-seeker Rocket launcher from S.A.

if there's something better than that , how about airstrike called '' air superiority '' , which calls lazer out of nowhere and destroy any hostile aircraft nearby u

CarimboHanky

They just need to remove the explosive rounds from the jet, thats it.

buzzard is not close from being OP

What we need is the Heat-seeker Rocket launcher from S.A.

if there's something better than that , how about airstrike called '' air superiority '' , which calls lazer out of nowhere and destroy any hostile aircraft nearby u

sound good but forsure R* would put a stupid 20minute cooldown timer.