2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Share your GTA 5 Police Chases

ztormtrooper

ztormtrooper

With the uptight police of the new Los Santos, I felt it was right, to have a topic based around sharing the shenanigans surrounding the A.I. for the police.

Here's what I feel is my favorite escape from the cops.

After I robbed a store, and killed a few too many civilians the police were a bit peeved to say the least. I got in Franklin's Buffalo and bolted south. The police spawned in all the optimal places and I couldn't shake them. I had an idea, a brilliant idea.

I drove towards Grove Street, to meet some acquaintances of mine. We were very fond of each other, as I loved throwing stickies at their muscle cars. I though that If the police were going to be assholes by spawning in the worst places, I would be an asshole. When I got to the cul-de-sac, I parked my car in one of the driveway and shot a loud round off, angering the Ballas. They started to shoot me, which angered the police. The two factions fought forgetting about me.

I sprinted through the backyard, and hopped the fence into the canal. I ran towards the end of the canal, that fed into the ocean. I was relieved that my plan actually worked. The police were distracted enough by the Ballas that I was able to slip through a backyard into the Los Santos canals. Suddenly, the Los Santos patented Franklin seeking cop spawns got to me and half the LSPD spawned in the canal. After, I changed my trousers I proceeded to jump into the ocean and swim to glory, ultimately winning because police cars cannot beat my wits or water.

-On a side note anyone notice that the LSPD use to never go into the subway but now they actually enter at least from the highway entrance. However, they abandon their cars to go in which leaves that at a disadvantage. My sports car will not be beaten by a few officers on foot.

Playing as Trevor, I decided to pay the Lost MC a visit down by their meeting place in east LS. After picking up my tank from the airport and driving it down to the location, I approached the gang on foot, let the slurs and scathing remarks fly to get their tempers boiling, and then brandished my LMG.

131316085898b021255728653cdcda57.jpg

After mowing every single member of the camp down, I was rewarded with a visit from the LSPD. I killed all the responding cops, took my tank, and got on the western highway. I led them on a relatively brief chase before pulling up to the Sonar Collections Dock. Backpedaling down the pier, firing as I went, I made my way to the submarine. I managed to get inside, escape out to deep water, and dove to 450ft before coming to a full stop at the bottom of a sea trench. I waited for about a minute or two, and the cops called off their 5-star search.

Edited by x0v3rKiLx

I really don't have anything too memorable. In other GTAs you could toy with the cops for awhile and then make a great escape. Its possible in V too, but much harder, so I usually either have a gunfight and die or race to one of the spots that I know I can escape the police. As long as I can get to a train, jet, train tunnel, or sewer, I can survive.

The best one I can think of is that I got all three protags together, flew a heli over to the Kortz center, landed on the roof, went down the stairs to the upper level and had a nice shoot out. Not one I can describe in detail, but just a really solid shootout. Eventually I had a clearing enough to run back to the heli. Before I flew off, the police shot it enough to where it was about to die, and just before it died I got it above a tunnel where I then parachuted out and landed at the entrance of the tunnel. Of course, the other two protags overshot the landing, so as I'm trying to direct them back to the tunnel, one gets killed, the other gets spooked, and I run into the tunnel on my own and lose the wanted level.

the Los Santos patented Franklin seeking cop spawns got to me and half the LSPD spawned in the canal.

The one thing that would've greatly improved V's police is if they didn't randomly spawn in the canals, on top of mountains, and at airports. It would give us a realistic shot at escape in those situations. It would be a lot of fun heading up chilliad knowing cops are heading up after instead of coming down from the top where there is no parking lot, no police station, and no reason for them to be there.

Edited by killahmatic

ztormtrooper

I really don't have anything too memorable. In other GTAs you could toy with the cops for awhile and then make a great escape. Its possible in V too, but much harder, so I usually either have a gunfight and die or race to one of the spots that I know I can escape the police. As long as I can get to a train, jet, train tunnel, or sewer, I can survive.

The best one I can think of is that I got all three protags together, flew a heli over to the Kortz center, landed on the roof, went down the stairs to the upper level and had a nice shoot out. Not one I can describe in detail, but just a really solid shootout. Eventually I had a clearing enough to run back to the heli. Before I flew off, the police shot it enough to where it was about to die, and just before it died I got it above a tunnel where I then parachuted out and landed at the entrance of the tunnel. Of course, the other two protags overshot the landing, so as I'm trying to direct them back to the tunnel, one gets killed, the other gets spooked, and I run into the tunnel on my own and lose the wanted level.

the Los Santos patented Franklin seeking cop spawns got to me and half the LSPD spawned in the canal.

The one thing that would've greatly improved V's police is if they didn't randomly spawn in the canals, on top of mountains, and at airports. It would give us a realistic shot at escape in those situations. It would be a lot of fun heading up chilliad knowing cops are heading up after instead of coming down from the top where there is no parking lot, no police station, and no reason for them to be there.

I agree that it is more difficult, which makes escapes far more fun, but It's just aggravating. It takes a few minutes of waiting after i accidentally smash into a group of civilians while taking a drink to escape the police. The police chases last minutes after they've lost you and even though they don't know where you are, the police spawn system does. It ruins any change of escaping high star levels except by hiding in the subway, like I do after having all 3 main characters get 5 star wanted levels and escape together.

I like the new system of escaping the cops, but the AI for the cops not so much. The whole spawning shenanigans , and the fact they know where you are they just pretend to not know. For example if you hide in an alley or store they will only search that alley and maybe an alley near by. Even though they didn't see you go in that alley. Though this may be bias, because maybe the alley I'm in is always the first one they look in, even though they have no reason to assume that's the one I'm in.

even though they don't know where you are, the police spawn system does. It ruins any change of escaping high star levels except by hiding in the subway,

Yes that is another one of the main issues. R* should've made 4 and 5 stars just as easy to escape as 3 stars. The cops could still get tougher above 3 stars, but the chance of escape should've been made the same. At those levels, its impossible to escape, especially due to there being 2-3 helis that will constantly spawn and give you zero chance of escaping by hiding in an alley, on a building, or around a house. You don't have much of an option. At level three, you have chances to avoid the heli and when it goes away, it usually doesn't return.

None as memorable as other GTA's but I remember when I put a sticky bomb on Franklins car once I saw him driving around. I then follow him and make him go to the police station, I switch back to T, blow up the car and die before I even see the cops kill me.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

I have some getaway places for y'all:

- The subway tunnels next to the Police Station and a Binco store.

- The tunnels that you use in The Big One Opition B and The Jewels Store job.

- Get a Dinghy boat with scuba gear and dive until they can't see you (Even though i never used this method yet i know it works)

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

this one started off as Trevor asking for help with an attack on the Lost and then hitting a few gas stations, and ended up with a pretty long chase where I escape down by the ocean, which was pretty lucky because M and F were shooting at cops like crazy but we never killed any so I never got 3-stars and therefore no helicopters... so I could escape somewhere OTHER than a tunnel :p

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

cool how, thanks to the bad car spawning system, when we stopped hanging out, all 3 characters drove off in Felons (Jags)

this was a pretty awesome chase where we ended up trying to get away ALL NIGHT and finally switch to a stolen Beejay from the power plant and got away, and then I had to drive back into LS to drop off Michael (stopping for some free fruit! lol)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

every single time I drive a Beejay now, I think about that all-night chase =P

this was an amazing AIR police chase. my helicopter was slow as f*ck and smoking like crazy!! i just baaaaaaarely made it to the eastern ocean before my engine died lol seriously if i was literally just 10 seconds slower i wouldn't have survived the drop into the ocean. and then i made an incredibly beautiful and satisfying boat road around the mountain coast back to civilization. it was an super awesome experience.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

another awesome chase where I actually had to switch boats... my boat was shot up to shot, so I jumped in the water, used Rampage to swim to the police boat, boarded it kill the cops and finally escaped back into the LS canals tunnel. destroyed the boat when I was done to get rid of the evidence (just a roleplay thing I do with all stolen cars that I leave)

0_0.jpg

this was one of the most amazing 5-star escapes ever it took me over 45 minutes to escape the cops on the water by some how finally getting lucky with helicopter spawns... the last cops were in this boat lol

0_0.jpg

boat police chases are the craziest because it's sooooo hard and requires so much lucky to outrun helicopters AND get lucky with new helicopter spawns :O

Edited by S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

this one started off as Trevor asking for help with an attack on the Lost and then hitting a few gas stations, and ended up with a pretty long chase where I escape down by the ocean, which was pretty lucky because M and F were shooting at cops like crazy but we never killed any so I never got 3-stars and therefore no helicopters... so I could escape somewhere OTHER than a tunnel :p

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

cool how, thanks to the bad car spawning system, when we stopped hanging out, all 3 characters drove off in Felons (Jags)

this was a pretty awesome chase where we ended up trying to get away ALL NIGHT and finally switch to a stolen Beejay from the power plant and got away, and then I had to drive back into LS to drop off Michael (stopping for some free fruit! lol)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

every single time I drive a Beejay now, I think about that all-night chase =P

this was an amazing AIR police chase. my helicopter was slow as f*ck and smoking like crazy!! i just baaaaaaarely made it to the eastern ocean before my engine died lol seriously if i was literally just 10 seconds slower i wouldn't have survived the drop into the ocean. and then i made an incredibly beautiful and satisfying boat road around the mountain coast back to civilization. it was an super awesome experience.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

another awesome chase where I actually had to switch boats... my boat was shot up to shot, so I jumped in the water, used Rampage to swim to the police boat, boarded it kill the cops and finally escaped back into the LS canals tunnel. destroyed the boat when I was done to get rid of the evidence (just a roleplay thing I do with all stolen cars that I leave)

0_0.jpg

this was one of the most amazing 5-star escapes ever it took me over 45 minutes to escape the cops on the water by some how finally getting lucky with helicopter spawns... the last cops were in this boat lol

0_0.jpg

boat police chases are the craziest because it's sooooo hard and requires so much lucky to outrun helicopters AND get lucky with new helicopter spawns :O

I see the cops chasing you doesn't stop you from taking selfies.

• 5 months later...
Homicidal Hipster

I decided to rob an security van so I dressed up T in a boiler suit and a mask, stole a Ron oil tanker from a gas station in Pareto bay and then I saw the armoured car at the loading site I blocked the van with my truck, shot the guards and grabbed the loot got back in my truck and peeled off. I drove to the highway and started ramming cops cars off the highway down the cliff. I was surprised how much damage my truck could take I was ramming through road blocks with ease. I then cut into the forest and continued to ram cop cars and vans off off cliffs. I nearly died when a helicopter flew very low and the cops inside off it were shooting me but the helicopter then crashed into a cliff and blew up which conveniently then landed on the pursuing cop cars and created a road block. I got back onto the highway and drove past hookies which is a lost hangout and a bunch of them turned hostile got on there bikes and started following me. So I had 10-15 cops cars on me plus about 6-7 bikers on my tail I threw a couple of sticky bombs behind me and BAM they all blew up it looked like world war 3 behind me. unfortunately I was looking behind me to see the carnage I could not see what was in front of me and I drove off a cliff and my truck exploded on impact with the floor. All that just for a few thousand dollars