2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Multi-class racing and more vehicle classes?

Elder Maxson

Elder Maxson

Wouldn't it be cool if Rockstar allowed us to race in different vehicle classes in races? For example, one person can be in a Coquette, and he can race someone in a Gauntlet?

Also, how about we add more vehicles to races? We can race buses or tanks down the streets.

post your opinions below

justinlynch3

A what I call Mixed race class (where any vehicle type can be used) is a idea I've also suggested in the past. I think the idea could be awesome and would love to see it. I'm not afraid to pit a Karin Sultan against the Adder army. lol

• Like 2

Yes, I as well have suggested a mixed vehicle class.

• Like 1

QuackinAColdOne

The only way racing with different classes could work is if there were A class, B class, S class, etc. But there arent enough cars for that and the physics are too f*cked up.

Wouldnt it be cool if we could race with boats on the street?

Buhaaaaaa

Cool idea though.

More classes like, military vehicles? Semi trucks only? Sounds fun

Wouldnt it be cool if we could race with boats on the street?

Funny stuff right there! In Boston we'd call you a "wickid smahht asss!"

On topic, I would love to be able to race motorcycles against Supers; SUVs against Compacts; etc.

Wonder how they could implement such a thing?

0_0.jpg

I've always thought there should be an option to add multiple classes to a race or all classes in. Just one off those easy things to add thgatvshould have always been there and would be awesome.

HipHopMagician

In Forza, There's different classes of vehicles, and you can go up in classes by upgrading the car. You can make a C class hatchback go up to S class, and you'll race cars in S class, not other hatchbacks. That's what I want in GTA, really.

• Like 1

GTA Forums User99521

Yeah it would be pretty cool.And it would be a separate competition for the guys in the lower class and faster class.

Useless if the top speed can't be upgraded. As soon as there is a straight lane, the less top-speed car will be crapped.

GTA Forums User99521

Wouldn't the people who opt for a Super class type vehicle win against someone who picked a SUV?

Yes but the suvs would be racing against each other.It wouldn't matter if they win or lose against supers

I have always wanted to see how a Elegy would stack up against a Entity or Zentorno on the Los Santos Gp track.

GTA Forums User99521

I have always wanted to see how a Elegy would stack up against a Entity or Zentorno on the Los Santos Gp track.

It's actually not too far off on most tracks.Definitely close enough that a better driver can compete in a race against them.

Wouldn't the people who opt for a Super class type vehicle win against someone who picked a SUV?

Yes but the suvs would be racing against each other.It wouldn't matter if they win or lose against supers

Now more.confusd as thought OP was stating different vehicle class types in the race i.e. super and SUVs together.

Imnotthefiveo

We always just did impromptu races for that. Whatever you're in, to somewhere across the map.

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Wouldn't it be cool if Rockstar allowed us to race in different vehicle classes in races? For example, one person can be in a Coquette, and he can race someone in a Gauntlet?

Also, how about we add more vehicles to races? We can race buses or tanks down the streets.

post your opinions below

no dumbass, because you picking a Zentorno and another retard picking a Sanchez would be pointless as this thread. Its based off of class to prevent this.

Wouldn't it be cook if Rockstar allowed us to race in different vehicle classes in races? For example, one person can be in a Coquette, and he can race someone in a Gauntlet?

post your opinions below

no dumbass, because you picking a Zentorno and another retard picking a Sanchez would be pointless as this thread. Its based off of class to prevent this.

So not just me thinking this way.

PowerKracker

I want van and big rig races, as well as two new classes: lowriders and tuners. Lowriders would have Manana, Tornado and Peyote, Tuners would have Sultan, Futo and Penumbra.

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

AboveAndBeyoncé

Nice idea OP mixed class racing would be cool and if they do add another class it needs to be the tuner class and they need to move the penumbra, Fusilade, and sultan and Futo in that class and add the Old Elegy, Old Jester, ZR-350, and the (San Andreas)Infernus, and more import tuner cars

Edited by Marc30499

A what I call Mixed race class (where any vehicle type can be used) is a idea I've also suggested in the past. I think the idea could be awesome and would love to see it. I'm not afraid to pit a Karin Sultan against the Adder army. lol

That's actually a good match up. I was able to smoke 3 supers in a drag race during the time nitrous was still a thing.

Yeah, it would be nice. I wanted to create a tribute to The Cannonball Run with the content creator, where players could race anything from supers to 4X4's to ambulances, from one side of the map to the other. Tried to make a capture for it, but it's just not practical. Supers would win every time.

Edited by TCMike
  • Like 1

Guest Billy Russo

Wouldn't mind this at all. I've always wanted to do a Sports vs Super race. Cars like the 9F can easily keep up with Supers, would be quite interesting.

US Marshal1911

I'd only like this if the vehicles had manual transmissions, so there is a fair chance for all vehicles. the race wouldn't be about car stats, it would be [player skill.

mixed classes would be nice, but I do think they'd still have to restrict the mixed classes based on performance or something

I mean if it's an open class what's to stop every1 from just picking the zentorno basically making mixed class races exactly the same as any other?

mixed classes would be nice, but I do think they'd still have to restrict the mixed classes based on performance or something

I mean if it's an open class what's to stop every1 from just picking the zentorno basically making mixed class races exactly the same as any other?

Obviously the Supers, Bikes, and Sports would be the most picked. The idea is that there are no restrictions. This would be great for crews or friends. I know my crew would be down for a 24 hr Nurburgring with 2 classes, say all Supers and Comets.

It's just a fun class, it isn't supposed to be balanced.

Obviously the Supers, Bikes, and Sports would be the most picked. The idea is that there are no restrictions. This would be great for crews or friends. I know my crew would be down for a 24 hr Nurburgring with 2 classes, say all Supers and Comets.

It's just a fun class, it isn't supposed to be balanced.

now that you put it like that, yes we should have at least have the option especially for friendly and crew races.

but in any competitive race with randoms I think I would go with an entity or something every time as well.

that's why I suggested grouping them based on performance instead of car class.

so for instance group some of the lower end sports cars like the futo and schwartzer with the high end coupes

or the low end supers like vacca or bullet with some of the high end sports cars like the elegy and massacro

or high end coupes vs muscle etc.

dno if these exact examples would all be balanced since I just did it off the top of my head and don't know all these cars ins and outs

but I think the basic idea would definitely work and could really change up the whole racing experience in gta:o