2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TRUEBRIT

Is GTA IV multiplayer dead now?

TRUEBRIT

Tried gang wars but was empty. I used to play this online for over 12 hours straight, and now I can't believe it's gone....or is it?

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Yeah its pretty dead. especially in ranked match, although sometimes you can find some player matches with about 8-15 players inside if your lucky.

fefenc

GTA IV doesn't have multiplayer due to R* ignoring the fact GFWL has ruined the MP

PhillBellic

It is very quiet now. I am hoping for an SAMP or MTA type client to rejuvinate the scene. Thoughts?

Cheers.

WhyFhy

made an account just to reply im down to add people. just had to reset

mifazark

Looking to knock out all multiplayer trophies fairly methodically spending as little time as possible.

PSN: mifazark

WorldofCog

Free Mode lobbies often have some people in it (and usually at least one modder) but otherwise everything else is dead.

Glamus

I guess it depends on the platform. On ps3 there are still a few playing.

The7thOne

I played multiplayer a few days ago (quick free mode) and found a modded lobby with a few people, and another lobby with no modders and about 7-10 people.

Sucks that amazing multiplayer is pretty much (almost) dead now. This is console, by the way (Xbox 360) I'm very curious as to how many are still playing PC.

DaBOSS54320

It's been dead for a while for me... sadly. I played it on PS3 (never on PC, modding seems too easy so people would cheat and also I don't want to sign up for GFWL) On PS3 there are 4 problems...

1) There is like no modding protection, anyone with a cfw can mod away and annoy everyone in the session

2) People rage quit REALLY f*ckING EASY. If they have to wait like 20 seconds without anything exciting happening these impatient bastards leave. Or if I kill someone like 2 or 3 times they quit. Or if I get in front of them in a race.

3) GTA V... I honestly like GTA IV single player AND multiplayer a lot better then GTA V. Other people don't feel the same way, so GTA IV was killed.

4) Most people seem to play airport free roams... gets boring. I love turf war but it was a miracle for me to just get even a 2v2 game.

theNGclan

GTA IV doesn't have multiplayer due to R* ignoring the fact GFWL has ruined the MP

No, GFWL still works and supports IV's multiplayer. Quit lying.

Kampret

Quite so on PSN, but not exactly on GFWL. At least 4-5 people are playing free-mode every time I join.

ugotsmoked

It's dead because V is far superior.

livejoker

Oh, yes - thousands of players couldn't play at launch, unbalanced economy, modders appeared faster than they did in GTA IV, false advertisement about heists and the sh*ttiest update/DLC content ever. Yeah, GTA V is far superior. GTA IV is also 6 years old (or so) and people can still be found on it.

OT: Just started playing GTA IV again (wanna get 100%) and I'm missing a few online achievements. No way I could get them now (winning 20 online races, achieve highest rank, beat R* time in different game modes, win all ranked multiplayer variations). Those are gonna be f*cking impossible if the lobbies are empty. :/

Edited by livejoker

marshallbslayer

I would love to try races in GTA IV online but as others said, freemode is the only kind of lobby that actually has a few people in

CometGT

Haven't played multiplayer in a while. But the last time I played there was a few people in Free Mode and GTA race, but others are just quiet. Maybe since online ranking was stopped annoyingly by R*, which no doubt will make things a lot more quiet than before.

Any news if R* have decided to reinstate IV's multiplayer leveling up or are they sticking with V Online. What annoyed me last night was discovering how much it will cost a V: Online gamer to get 8,000,000 credits, 65 pounds!. Staggering amount to say the least.

That is why I always prefer IV's multiplyer to V's.

Edited by SentinelXSVCS22

zoso80

*oops double post

Edited by zoso80

zoso80

Last few times I've gone in yes.

First time, 2/3 full lobby and a modder put me in jail in Algonquin within 15 seconds of joining the lobby.

Second time, nothing going at all except very young kids, maybe 2 or 3 of them.

Last time, none at all in a lobby. Two or three joined, but left quickly thereafter. Left me to drive around alone.

Safe to say between the casual gameplay being destroyed by modding and new and shinier things out there, GTA IV isn't played like it use to be. The memories of the spawn killing madness at the airport parking lot, oh the pointless fun of it. Most I got out of it was the under the map glitch from the Empire State Building and the swingset glitch. At times I had more fun with them than with other players.

What annoyed me last night was discovering how much it will cost a V: Online gamer to get 8,000,000 credits, 65 pounds!. Staggering amount to say the least.

Yes, the whole micro-currency stuff in the game has bothered me as well. Real money for fake money if you don't want to spend days grinding to afford that 500k apartment and Adder. Some have used that alone as a justification of money glitching.

I wasn't on GTA IV before the bad modders hit online and people were being tossed across the map and lit on fire, so I never got to experience it modder-free. There is a beautiful anarchic component to it though. A friend of mine has said GTA V went corporate with its anarchic elements being downplayed.

EL_FUGA

Awww, sad that ranks are gone.

It's been dead for a while for me... sadly. I played it on PS3 (never on PC, modding seems too easy so people would cheat and also I don't want to sign up for GFWL) On PS3 there are 4 problems...

1) There is like no modding protection, anyone with a cfw can mod away and annoy everyone in the session

2) People rage quit REALLY f*ckING EASY. If they have to wait like 20 seconds without anything exciting happening these impatient bastards leave. Or if I kill someone like 2 or 3 times they quit. Or if I get in front of them in a race.

3) GTA V... I honestly like GTA IV single player AND multiplayer a lot better then GTA V. Other people don't feel the same way, so GTA IV was killed.

4) Most people seem to play airport free roams... gets boring. I love turf war but it was a miracle for me to just get even a 2v2 game.

Agred

confederatestatesgta

i was in a deathmatch a few days ago for about the first time in a year or so because hardly anyone ever plays and of course you have the modders who love to ruin such a great game. i feel like niko in the late yeardly diamonds nikos reaction to gta 5 were niko is at the airport and watch people have a deatchmatch and then it disapears. we had a great time with gta 4 non modded and i feel bad for the people who never experienced gta 4 without mods it was one heck of a game in its prime. and i found myself on gta 4 for hours a day. even though i go on gta 4 free mode every now and then it just dosent have that awsomeness as it did a few years ago. rip gta 4 multipayer your lost but not forgotten which makes me think of another thing tlad multiplayer was always dead for me i rarely ever could get in a game except with gta missions and the crew but after that hardly anyone ever played it. and bogt had potential to have some new awsome gamemodes with the new toys but its wasted.

CometGT

I do hope that the GTA IV Multiplayer of '08 returns, if it ever does. But can't see that happening with Online taking the spotlight by R* these days.

Ss4gogeta0

I do hope that the GTA IV Multiplayer of '08 returns, if it ever does. But can't see that happening with Online taking the spotlight by R* these days.

GTA IV's multiplayer is somewhat hanging by a thread on PC since Citizen was released... Everyone on PC should migrate there.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/705730-iv-citizenmpiv-the-multiplayer-component-youve-dreamt-of/

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

rops1999

Boy are you wrong

Lazarevic

Boy are you wrong

You refreshed a two year old theme ?

Really nigga ?

Captain Revenge

Not dead, i was just in there. Still ripe with modders though, ruining Free Mode by screwing with people minding their own business.

Its time R* pulled the plug on it, tune the servers for GTA5 and be done with it.

confederatestatesgta

Not dead, i was just in there. Still ripe with modders though, ruining Free Mode by screwing with people minding their own business.

Its time R* pulled the plug on it, tune the servers for GTA5 and be done with it.

yea unfortunatly your right. gta 4 multiplayer was awsome and amazing but now when i go on it its just modders and people who ruin the few legit players experience. they should put it out of its misery. a great game like 4 dosent deserve the garbage mods in multiplayer.

FriendlyFireOFF

No need - it's fine all you do is try and befriend one or two or just find another session. I have so many mod friends now that I've discontinued the idea of doing it myself.

I wish they could re-release GTA IV on current gen with 32 player in multiplayer/freemode and 1080p like the PC version.

9 years playing around in freemode and though it's not always as busy it's still good fun.

I still wish we had that option in V. Even if they released it as a MP DLC I'd buy the sh*t out of that and then some!

Edited by FriendlyFireOFF

DERGaming

This happens with all games once a new game comes out it dies which sucks

FriendlyFireOFF

busy last night. all good. xbox btw.

eCola

It's still active. If you're unlucky, you might find yourself in a lobby that contain modders who'll try to lag your console or kill you in several ways.

You could be unlucky in races, too. There are lots of impatient players who quit the game when they're not in first place.

Edited by Cluckin' Bell