Can we talk about how god awful the enemy VA is?

ThatRandomGuy42

ThatRandomGuy42

I'm not sure if anyone has really noticed, but the voice acting for enemies is just awful in most cirumstances.

There is one guy who shouts "YOU MOTHERF**KEEEEEER" and I can only assume someone stepped on his toe as he screamed, because that's what it sounds like.

It's not that the voice acting is bad, it just doesn't flow naturally, the one problem with one liners. They just scream random stuff at random times with no real reason. The NPCS dialog suffers from this sometimes too. Like one NPCS says something, then the other one takes forever to reply, or says something unrelated like "WHATEEVERR"

Edited by RominOctane
  • Like 2

Hmmm nice bike

"I'm a f*cking Marine!"

"Mendoza's been hit! Mendoza's been f*cking hit!"

The voice acting for a lot of NPCs wasn't very good. I hate the one guy who goes "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" every time I drive close by the sidewalk. The Mexican guy that goes "f*ck me in the ass!" is about the only good memorable one, too.

oCrapaCreeper

Pretty much every GTA game since III is known for cheesier voice acting with characters such as peds or enemies. The voice lines eventually get a charm to them as time goes on though.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Someone will always find something to moan about, how can it bother me so little, but you so much? Just kill them and they'll shut up. Or go to the voice acting yourself. :)

• Like 4

The only feasible one I've heard is "You f*cking sh*t!" from the enemy that you hit, shoot, or provoke.

j4hhYw6.png

The voice acting for a lot of NPCs wasn't very good. I hate the one guy who goes "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" every time I drive close by the sidewalk. The Mexican guy that goes "f*ck me in the ass!" is about the only good memorable one, too.

That f*cking guy man. I hate that f*cking guy.

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

universetwisters

I'd love to have this guy voice the next antagonist in GTA 6 or even GTA 5 DLC.

sTgL5iS.png

Why the f*ck is he describing everything possible?

Also, who the hell dresses up as a lawyer for halloween? lmao

• Like 1

TheDeaconBosco

FIB Agent "I KILL FOR A LIVING!"

Come on, that line is so generic, it's something I'd expect from Saint's Row's writers.

• Like 6

Name-IV-Classique.png

universetwisters

Why the f*ck is he describing everything possible?

Also, who the hell dresses up as a lawyer for halloween? lmao

I'd make a pretty snazzy halloween lawyer

sTgL5iS.png

Shadowfennekin

"I'm a f*cking Marine!"

"Mendoza's been hit! Mendoza's been f*cking hit!"

I hate that Mendoza line. I hear it so many f*cking times

Rockstar Games has hired real gangsters as voice actors for Grand Theft Auto V.

In fact, Lazlow Jones has explained that they get these guys in to record the gang characters because they didn't want a goofy Hollywood actor who went to a fancy school trying to be a hard gang member. I personally find it pretty "authentic".

xe3hUFK.png

Payne Killer

In fact, Lazlow Jones has explained that they get these guys in to record the gang characters because they didn't want a goofy Hollywood actor who went to a fancy school trying to be a hard gang member. I personally find it pretty "authentic".

Gangsters in V sound stupid anyway. Real or not.

QELXDiM.jpg

They really aren't.

ThatRandomGuy42

Someone will always find something to moan about, how can it bother me so little, but you so much? Just kill them and they'll shut up. Or go to the voice acting yourself. :)

...Because when you're trying to kill them and one is hiding, the shouting is annoying as sh*t?

Officer Ronson

Read his member title, it's not like some of the dialogue in eirlier GTAs wasn't painfully generic or just plain goofy in some parts.

Things such as:

''I know Jujitsu sir!''

''When we arrive to the station I'm going to beat you with a phonebook''

or ''Evasive manuever 540!'' are some of the lines that I remember.

Payne Killer

They really aren't.Sounds cool how one gang member just got out of prison the day before.

QELXDiM.jpg

Hmmm nice bike

But...they can't act.

Oh come on, the bikers were at least hilarious.

"YURR DEAHGHRD!"

One day i tryed to steal a bike from a npc. He was wearing a helmet and as i pulled him out of the bike, he screamed something with his voice muffled. I think it was "your motherf*cker", but it sounded hilarious.

Lock n' Stock

That f*cking guy man. I hate that f*cking guy.

"Puta mandre!"

"We're going to hell!!!"

Please, just make him stop.

I. Hate. The. Enemies. Voices.

I play online often, and when you're doing missions you can only take, "I'm going to kill yooooOOOOoooooUUUUouuuuUUUUuoooo. So many times. I do enjoy the hillbillies "feckin' die" though

Why is everyone complaining about voice acting? That has nothing to do with it. Its the writing that R* came up with. Although its not all bad. Quite often, specifically npcs on phones will have brilliant conversations. Conversations about random little things like you would hear in real life.

Edited by killahmatic

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

That "f*ck me in the ass'' guy was funny at first but now it just pisses me off

you're that guy from midget f*ckers 22 i know it

you're a dick... without a dick