[Rumor] Mike Hickey(Analyst) Activision looking to acquire Take-Two In

Tilemaxx

From NeoGaf:

Take-Two Interactive Software (NASDAQ:TTWO), publisher of the popular "Grand Theft Auto" video game series, is trading near a six-year high Friday on a report that Activision Blizzard might make an acquisition offer.
Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey discussed "an emerging romance" between the two companies, which have similar goals, in a research note Friday. Take-Two and Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) are interested in forming movie studios to make feature films based on their game franchises.
"For Activision, acquiring Take-Two Interactive would be a no-brainer, in our view, circling some of the strongest development talent and owned IP in the world, within a company that has nearly $1 billion in cash and trades at a comparably lower multiple," Hickey said.

Wasnt there a bunch of reports of the Houser's hanging out with Kotick a bunch at industry events a while ago?

What does a possible TTWO aquisition by Ubisoft means for the future of the GTA franchise?

Edited by Tilemaxx

CallMeGarrett

Basically: We're going to regurgitate GTA games every year and make some sh*tty movies too!

Edited by dillono

This better not happen or else I'm gonna write a fiery complaint.

Edited by _Kindled_

jq4H5bk.png

Acetaminophen

I guess nobody on here knows about the deal R* has with Take-two in which if Take-two is bought by another company R* will not be included in the sale. R* will then become and independent company.

I guess nobody on here knows about the deal R* has with Take-two in which if Take-two is bought by another company R* will not be included in the sale. R* will then become and independent company.

Link/ quote?