2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Spoiler and no spoiler

Arrows to Athens

Arrows to Athens

Does a spoiler make a car better than one without one? If so then how big is the difference?

Spoilers as of a recent TU increase your traction slightly. Other than that nothing is useful about it.

Arrows to Athens

I'm talking about spoilers and their effect on cars, not super car convertibles.

Read the thread, your answer is in there.

Don't want to take the time to scroll through a topic about something else just to stumble upon a random answer that answers my question.

• Like 2

...Jesus, if you wont bother in looking up the awnser that's right in front of you then why should we give a f*ck?

Arrows to Athens

...Jesus, if you wont bother in looking up the awnser that's right in front of you then why should we give a f*ck?

It's in front of me now. If you ain't gonna answer my question then why the f*ck are you on here? Stop dick riding Sabres.

Edited by Fearx--
  • Like 3

I think yes, it do increase the traction. But not that much though.

I think yes, it do increase the traction. But not that much though.

I experience a very big difference on a Futo without spoiler and a Futo with a GT Wing.

A spoiler should increase traction. Whether or not it actually has that effect in-game is debatable. But again, considering Rockstar may have inadvertently added the ability to "double clutch" any car, why wouldn't adding a spoiler exhibit traits as simple as improving traction?

GTA-Freak-Vi

It should be like, the bigger the spoiler, the greater the traction. In this case, the Feltzer would benefit so much with its big ass wing

AGiganticLlama

ppl that think gta is forza

Edited by AGiganticLlama
  • Like 1

Ballistic Jello

A spoiler should increase traction. Whether or not it actually has that effect in-game is debatable. But again, considering Rockstar may have inadvertently added the ability to "double clutch" any car, why wouldn't adding a spoiler exhibit traits as simple as improving traction?

There's no debate about it. They increase traction after 1.15.

2rqkacm.jpg

streetx1xracer

ppl that think gta is forza

The spoiler actually does increase traction on cars. If you look closely on traction spec you'll see it goes up when installing a spoiler.

Do you have code? I'm interested to see this.

Arrows to Athens

Zentorno with no spoiler vs Zentorno with spoiler in race with sharp corners and catchup off. Who is bound to dominate?

Zentorno with no spoiler vs Zentorno with spoiler in race with sharp corners and catchup off. Who is bound to dominate?

The better driver.

Arrows to Athens

The better driver.

What if the skill of both drivers are at the same level?

The better driver.

What if the skill of both drivers are at the same level? i dont know in the case of a Zentorno, but as i stated above i have a Futo and experience that one without a spoiler barely feels like it has traction when taking sharp turns and it just spins out, went to LSC and purchased the GT Wing, it took turns like a charm after that.

gorskiegangsta

Spoilers increase traction, which actually makes a pretty substantial difference in most cars.

Edited by gorskiegangsta

Arrows to Athens

The better driver.

What if the skill of both drivers are at the same level?i dont know in the case of a Zentorno, but as i stated above i have a Futo and experience that one without a spoiler barely feels like it has traction when taking sharp turns and it just spins out, went to LSC and purchased the GT Wing, it took turns like a charm after that.

The Zentorno looks hideous with a spoiler. In fact almost all cars in the game look ugly with one, except for lip spoilers. Not to mention that big ass Feltzer wing. My God that is AIDs on a car.

No need for code. Go to LSC and put a custom spoiler on a car, the handling stat bar will increase and there will be an improvement in handling.

The better driver.

What if the skill of both drivers are at the same level?i dont know in the case of a Zentorno, but as i stated above i have a Futo and experience that one without a spoiler barely feels like it has traction when taking sharp turns and it just spins out, went to LSC and purchased the GT Wing, it took turns like a charm after that.

The Zentorno looks hideous with a spoiler. In fact almost all cars in the game look ugly with one, except for lip spoilers. Not to mention that big ass Feltzer wing. My God that is AIDs on a car. agreed, if the traction thing wasnt in GTA V, almost none of my cars whould have one.
  • Like 1

Arrows to Athens

No need for code. Go to LSC and put a custom spoiler on a car, the handling stat bar will increase and there will be an improvement in handling.

In-game stats have never been accurate tbh.

True, but the difference can still be felt, and it isn't a placebo effect. The Comet is a good example, it feels like a totally different car with a custom spoiler on it.

Arrows to Athens

True, but the difference can still be felt, and it isn't a placebo effect. The Comet is a good example, it feels like a totally different car with a custom spoiler on it.

Is the difference really that big? That sucks then.

gorskiegangsta

In-game stats have never been accurate tbh.They are, actually, reasonably accurate, but are easy to misread due to the oversimplified 5-segment graph of only 4 performance categories, even though there are clearly more hidden stats (e.g. weight, drag, gear ratios, steering lock, etc..) which paint a better picture of the car's true performance benefits/drawbacks.