GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you REALLY want the Hydra?

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

It just doesn't make sense to me from anything but a nostalgia stand point. What good would it really do in this game? It'll be chopped liver for anyone with a Lazer, Buzzard, RPG or sniper rifle. Hovering offers no advantage to combat, just makes you a sitting duck. If it were as easy to control as a helicopter, it would be over powered. Even then, you have the buzzard already, so what's the point? I just don't get what real benefit the hydra would have to choose it over a buzzard or a Lazer. Landing on rooftops, maybe? But man, you sure are an easy target when you're hovering.

Arrows to Athens

Rockstar will always try to find a way to add in more and more griefing machines. Just wait till they add the APC into the game. That was already a pain in the ass in TBOGT.

The whole point of them adding these aircrafts is so that they are really expensive. That way people would buy shark cards to buy them. Forget fixing major bugs. I mean look at RR. Even though I hate that missions they still haven't fixed that failed bug. But they take the time to significantly reduce the payout. Heck even the Quick Job bug isn't fixed. I'm not gonna wait 5 minutes just because someone is stupid enough to still go Quick Job and get stuck in the sky making others wait for you to automatically leave after 5 minutes.

Edited by Fearx--

People only want it because they don't have it, once they do it'll become yet another thing they used to bitch and whine about to be released, only a minority will be using it mainly to grief players if it gets released

• Like 2

Umm you can also use it to free roam (fly it just for fun) or use it to kill cops. You don't always have to use it to kill every other player :dozing:
We have helicopters that are practically sitting ducks. Don't like 'em, don't use 'em

Edited by Laveerre
  • Like 1

t015on.jpg

Of course its going to be way over powered. Its going to have a huge price tag and the hype is unreal. Imagine a besra with guns/rockets that can hover. iIt will rape. Which is why i dont want it implemented in the game. The only people that will get it are modders and people that buy shark cards. I am neither of those. Little squeakers will be all over this.

• Like 1

GTA-Freak-Vi

No, every lobby would be filled with people in their Hydras

Edited by GTA-Freak-Vi

lazyassedlover

I don't mind, new content is always welcome

I personally like to stay grounded

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

As someone who is almost always airborne, I'd love some new aircraft to fly around. The Besra is good, but that huge tail bothers me. With the Hydra you could probably do some insane stunts, which I'm looking forward to, no matter that the pricetag is.

It just doesn't make sense to me from anything but a nostalgia stand point. What good would it really do in this game? It'll be chopped liver for anyone with a Lazer, Buzzard, RPG or sniper rifle. Hovering offers no advantage to combat, just makes you a sitting duck. If it were as easy to control as a helicopter, it would be over powered. Even then, you have the buzzard already, so what's the point? I just don't get what real benefit the hydra would have to choose it over a buzzard or a Lazer. Landing on rooftops, maybe? But man, you sure are an easy target when you're hovering.

I don't mind either way. But you say that as if all the Hydra can do is to hover.

It's a jet. And if given missiles and guns it would be just as deadly as the Lazer and Buzzard, especially in the hands of someone who knows how to fly.

• Like 1

how come hovering in a hydra would be such a problem while hovering in a buzzard is not?

what's your reasoning behind this?

anyway, I would not like it to be added but that's just because I feel all these heavy military vehicles don't really fit in with the rest of the game.

not because it would be useless or underpowered, quite the opposite I imagine

• Like 2

I want it. It's a beautiful aircraft, the Harrier is probably my favourite IRL plane; and I disagree with your statement concerning the uslessness of hovering. Imagine the manoeuvres the thing could do!

Tali vas Normandy

NO.

And once the idiots who beg for it realize how worthless and easy it is the shoot down. They will disband it and complain about it.

YAXQK18.gif

No love for this anymore? ::(

harrier_gr_9-wide.jpg

CarimboHanky

i dont want the hydra but ill welcome it if they add it.

im all in for additions, having a new plane is always cool, having a plane they may be able to go head-to-head with the lazer is something cool, plus the ability of having such plane by just calling Pegasus make it even better.

adding the hydra or whatever plane is a Win-Win

Ballistic Jello

Hell the F-35 was so fun to shoot down in Battlefield 3 I welcome anything similar.

Plus the non-homing rockets are sick.

2rqkacm.jpg

Umm you can also use it to free roam (fly it just for fun) or use it to kill cops. You don't always have to use it to kill every other player :dozing:

We have helicopters that are practically sitting ducks. Don't like 'em, don't use 'em

Off-topic - your signature is hilarious. And every bit the case for why a stupid ragdoll-physics engine has no place in video games. :D

• Like 1

Off-topic - your signature is hilarious. And every bit the case for why a stupid ragdoll-physics engine has no place in video games. :D

tha f*ck are you on about?

first of all it's euphoria, not ragdoll

and why would you prefer going back to canned animations that are the exact same every time and tricky to line up and blend causing a lot of visual bugs?

• Like 2

BondageKitty

The Hydra should be added. But anti-air launchers should be added with them. It would be simple to just port the Buzzard/Laser lock-on and missiles to a new launcher.

• Like 2

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Hydra won't be that OP.

A hovering one is a easy target, considering that if it will have only missiles, it will somewhat be kill-or-die weapon.

Many will be tempted to hover through LS and destroy everything, then fall prey to miniguns or snipers.

And it will be not able to strafe run the streets with cannons.

and why would you prefer going back to canned animations that are the exact same every time and tricky to line up and blend causing a lot of visual bugs?

I'm not talking about the engine's name, I'm talking about what the engine does. And what it does, it turn your character into a useless ragdoll anytime they're not on their feet. Missed a step going down this big hill? Better make yourself a sandwich while your character finishes tumbling down for 2 minutes. NCP car barely tapped you? Better fall on the ground and lay there for 5 seconds. Destroyed airplane tail lands on you? No, don't crawl out of it, better stay there banging your head on it until you die. Jump down to a lower level? Better take a faceplant on it.

You know, Uncharted has ragdoll physics.... AFTER YOU DIE. Until that moment, your character remains competent AND responsive. And I don't see any visual bugs in THOSE games, so I call BS on that. Nothing inherently wrong with ragdoll physics, but Rockstar is pitiful with them.

I won't reply again, just a heads up.

• Like 3

Arrows to Athens

I'm not talking about the engine's name, I'm talking about what the engine does. And what it does, it turn your character into a useless ragdoll anytime they're not on their feet. Missed a step going down this big hill? Better make yourself a sandwich while your character finishes tumbling down for 2 minutes. NCP car barely tapped you? Better fall on the ground and lay there for 5 seconds. Destroyed airplane tail lands on you? No, don't crawl out of it, better stay there banging your head on it until you die. Jump down to a lower level? Better take a faceplant on it.

You know, Uncharted has ragdoll physics.... AFTER YOU DIE. Until that moment, your character remains competent AND responsive. And I don't see any visual bugs in THOSE games, so I call BS on that. Nothing inherently wrong with ragdoll physics, but Rockstar is pitiful with them.

My character just falls like a retard. Like there is a small gap and I walk over it and my character will fall to the ground like a kid who just gazed his knee. Like wtf Cockstar? Too much realism kills video games

My character just falls like a retard. Like there is a small gap and I walk over it and my character will fall to the ground like a kid who just gazed his knee. Like wtf Cockstar? Too much realism kills video games

I wanted to b*tch-slap Nico every time he fell of a curb. :lol: HD era GTA characters are already slow as sh*t, did they have to make them retards, too? e_e I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the crap out of IV and V, and like the first month of Online, :lol:, but DANG, dial it down! You're right, too much realism ruins things. It constricts the things you are able to let the game do.

Arrows to Athens

I wanted to b*tch-slap Nico every time he fell of a curb. :lol: HD era GTA characters are already slow as sh*t, did they have to make them retards, too? e_e I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the crap out of IV and V, and like the first month of Online, :lol:, but DANG, dial it down! You're right, too much realism ruins things. It constricts the things you are able to let the game do.

I agree 100%. Rockstar are a show off. They think they are really good at making video games and start making them ultra realistic as a result. Why do I need to pay for utility bills in an Online game? LOL. You can't even steal cars and make them your own. Instead you have to buy them off a website. I mean why do we need an economy? It's a crime game ffs.

lazyassedlover

if it comes, it should be a two seater

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

it's not ragdoll, a ragdoll is a "dead" inert object. what euphoria does is simulate a characters muscle system and uses AI to have it react realistically.

the difference is clearly explained at the start of this video

also I never said anything about ragdoll leading to visual bugs and glitches, I was talking about canned animations (key-framed or mo-capped animation)

they simply don't offer the same kind of flexibility that a technique like euphoria does, it can seamlessly blend canned animations into the procedural animation generated by the physics engine and euphoria.

I do get your point about the implementation leaving something to be desired, the thresholds for stumbling to your face seem a bit off sometimes and the blending between having control and the system taking over can be a it dodgy and leave you helpless from time to time

but IMO the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks and technologies like these should be applauded for bringing something new to the world of videogames.

they should however work on having control while the system is active IMO, kind of like how you can control your car in mid-air while the physics do their thing at the same time.

just thought your statements could do with some nuance as they were clearly only focusing on the downsides of the system

also the "I'm not going to reply" thing is kind of weak man

it's the forum equivalent of a little child going "LALALALALA, I can't hear you"

Edited by Zwenkwiel
  • Like 2