4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

General Cricket Thread

Girish

Wayne Kerr

I expect to see Rake in the next u19 world Cup tbh anything short of that would be a disappointment and we gotta disown him

Edited by Wayne Kerr
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
RithRake24
5 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

I expect to see Rake in the next u19 world Cup tbh anything short of that would be a disappointment and we gotta disown him

I'll be turning 19 next October lol. You're way more likely to see my brother who's younger than me and better than me.

• YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Wayne Kerr

And then there's me who last held a cricket bat in 2014 or something

After the euphoria in Australia it's back to business again as India's squad for the home series against England has been announced

Main squad:
Openers: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal

Middle-order: Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul (subject to fitness after first Test)

Fast bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur

Spinners: R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel

Standbyes: KS Bharat (wicketkeeper), Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shahbaz Nadeem, Rahul Chahar, Priyank Panchal

Net bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier, K Gowtham, Saurabh Kumar

Kohli, Ishant and Hardik return and Bumrah in all likelihood plays his first test in India. Also Washington, in no way considered a test player now in the main squad, on ya man. 

• YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
Wayne Kerr

So the IPL player retention lists were released today, and as an RCB fan I'm kind of disappointed. Finch and Moeen released, okay they didnt perform to expectations but I thought they'd give them one more chance. But why release Morris? Only thing I can think of is that his price tag was too high but he made the team feel so much stronger with both bat and ball

Have a feeling we'll go for Starc if he makes himself available but we shouldve retained Morris

Sanju Samson to lead Rajasthan as RR release Smith.  Maxwell also released by KXIP. Malinga released by MI

Tbh I feel bad for the players, as much as this stuff and the auction is entertaining as a fan it must be really hard for the players. Imo there can be a mega auction every 3 years but no mini auction every year, this chopping and changing every year feels wrong

Edited by Wayne Kerr
added malinga
  • Bruh 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Wayne Kerr

Apologies for triple posting but key developments have occured

Australia have indefinitely postponed their tour to South Africa citing risks of a new strain and a second wave of covid in SA

What this also means is that New Zealand have qualified for the Word Test Championship finals , with the contenders for the other spot being India, England and Australia themselves

• Like 1
Wayne Kerr

Pant really has a habit of getting out in the 90s doesnt he...

But he gave us hope though, him and Pujara. We need the Sundar-Ashwin partnership to go on as long as possible and cut the deficit to about 200 if we want to have a chance of drawing the match, atleast play out two sessions tomorrow by some miracle. I still believe in our Tamil paiyans, munadi po!!

England though wtf, nobody told me they were this good! (Sure they spanked Lanka but almost everybody does that??)

In other cricket news despite conceding a lead of 171, West Indies chased down a whopping 395 ( in Bangladesh conditions no less ) to beat Bangladesh in a stunning victory that is the highest run chase in Asia. That too they did it with a second string side with most of their first choice players not playing due to rona fears ( kind of like what we did in Australia except that now seems eons ago). Rally round the Windies!

edit: Also how good was Kyle Mayers, in his debut scores a 200 in the fourth innings in turning conditions to secure the highest chase in Asia.

Edited by Wayne Kerr
  • Like 1
Mr JoeStalin
6 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

England though wtf, nobody told me they were this good! (Sure they spanked Lanka but almost everybody does that??)

They ain't. That stupid debutant pitch-maker totally goofed up, like was he the last choice that BCCI had? Absolutely no. But now, this is just Toss=Game matches (this way India is gonna lose 90% matches considering Kohli's luck). I knew India was gonna screw up considering the spin and swing happening at the end of Day 2. 

If India now survive 1 more session without getting all out, then I can say it is going to end in a draw (that too if they can balance their 2nd innings if given a follow on or take out England under 200). But if they collapse tomorrow morning within a few (5-10) overs, then England have really high chances of winning (I'd give 70% chances).

BCCI are surely gonna ear-rape the pitch maker if India lose this game. (He will hear a lot anyways)

11 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Also how good was Kyle Mayers, in his debut scores a 200 in the fourth innings in turning conditions to secure the highest chase in Asia.

Remember the name.

Also SA going strong against Pak but it wouldn't be a surprise if they collapse like they did in the 1st test.

• Like 1
Wayne Kerr
6 minutes ago, Mr JoeStalin said:

Also SA going strong against Pak but it wouldn't be a surprise if they collapse like they did in the 1st test.

Would be hilarious if all 3 subcontinent reams playing lose in their own conditions  😂

Still I think we can draw this our machans Washi and Ash gonna hit a 100 run partnership you heard it here first

About the pitch, it really was a win toss win match kind of pitch, maybe I'm making excuses cause I'm butthurt but even for a Chepauk pitch this was crazy, flat af when England were batting and poittively spitting turn when we bat after. Like i told you the curator apparently hasnt prepared a first class pitch before if cricinfo is to be believed, I guess it was the bad luck of the draw that we lost the toss.

• Like 1
RithRake24

The only reason why England did not declare earlier was because the pitch didn't show any signs of deteriorating until literally the end of day 2. Until then, there was literally nothing on that pitch, no bounce, no swing, no spin, and it was overall a slow pitch.

Pujara showed us again why he is Mr Dependable in the midst of wickets around him, but Kohli and Rahane should've really stepped up in such conditions. Pujara's wicket was totally unlucky and that was a ball that was probably going for 4 had it not luckily hit Pope's shoulder on the way. Heck, even if it had hit Pope's helmet, it would've been not out and called a dead ball.

As for Pant, we know his style of play but he should've been more patient. He's clearly far better against the ball turning into him rather than away and you could clearly see England were trying to bait him into hitting into the off-side by replacing Leach with Root and continuing Bess. He played right into their hands. England won the mind game with him in the end. Nevertheless, his knock was still fantastic and along with Pujara's knock was hugely vital in reducing the chances of a big loss.

Sundar's once again out there and showing us that he's extremely valuable with the bat. I hope him and Ashwin bat on for a long period and get us a draw. A win from this point would need a miracle, but I think a draw is the most likely outcome.

• Like 1
Mr JoeStalin
10 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

you heard it here first

STOP! You said the same on PM that Eng will score 800 but they didn't, FFS Don't jinx now.

4 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

until literally the end of day 2. Until then, there was literally nothing on that pitch, no bounce, no swing, no spin, and it was overall a slow pitch.

And it suddenly offered everything when India came to bat 👍😭

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1
Wayne Kerr

Sundar played more deliveries than Kohli, Rohit and Rahane combined that is hilariously sad. I really hope Washi works on his bowling if he improves on that front and maintains his batting he'll be a real weapon for India in future.

Root is a freak 644 runs in 3 matches including in SL, with two double centuries and a 180 odd. And to think people wanted him out of the fab 4 until recently...

7 minutes ago, Mr JoeStalin said:

STOP! You said the same on PM that Eng will score 800 but they didn't, FFS Don't jinx now.

f*ck this jinx-shminx, i was right when i said India would go for the win in the Gabba when you wanted them to play defensively for the draw like a wuss, and I'mma be positive now too!! 😎

edit: although now i think they should be defensive myself but still 100 partnership incoming!!!

Edited by Wayne Kerr
  • Like 1
Mr JoeStalin
2 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

f*ck this jinx-shminx, i was right when i said India would go for the win in the Gabba when you wanted them to play defensively for the draw like a wuss, and I'mma be positive now too! 

That was short-lived till you saw Rohit out

• KEKW 1
Wayne Kerr

I wish India chase this down so I can wish y'all a happy 420

Edited by Wayne Kerr
420 is Kohlis favourite number
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1
Wayne Kerr

One hour into the first session of day 5 and it looks to be done already, well played England. 

Dreadful stuff from India, Rahane has been dreadful batting wise apart from that MCG hundred for a while now. 

Mr JoeStalin

Rahane can't do anything at home.That Melbourne 100 also came after he was dropped

Anyways, this was a win toss win match pitch. Sack that f*cking curator, let my hand touch his face once and he is dead.

Wayne Kerr

Pakistan beat South Africa in a test series for the first time since 2003, props to them. South Africa is having a horror run in Asia lost their last 9 tests there

Up there with the worst losing streaks in Asia

Spoiler

316395.1.png

It was not so long ago they were a mighty touring side who didnt lose any away series from 2006-2015 till they faced our Indian dustbowls lmao.  Guess thats what losing legends like Smith, Amla, AB, Steyn. Morkel etc will do but I think their current side has more potential than they are showing at the moment.

Think we can expect Pakistan to become a force now that they get to play at home again.

Anyone else watching the Pak-SA T20 today? I'm eagerly waiting for the Ind-Eng test on 13th but I'm also a bit saturated with tests atm so spme faster paced  cricket will be a nice change of pace I think. Tests have slowly but surely become my favourite format now.

• Like 1
Wayne Kerr
14 minutes ago, Mr JoeStalin said:

🥺

RCB gotta win the title atleast once before he retires for good

• Like 1
Wayne Kerr

Finally won the toss f*ckin hell. Hope for at least 400 by us. 

Feel bad for Washi and Bumrah but go Kuldeep! 

If we lose today I'll never post here again. I don't want to do that though so ya better India! 

• Like 2
Mr JoeStalin
10 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Finally won the toss f*ckin hell. Hope for at least 400 by us. 

FFS HELL YEAH, f*ckING FINALLY. The win% is already 65 just after winning the toss. 400 seems a bit large considering the changes made in the pitch but Ashish Nehra said Kohli with make 250 if India won the toss (he is one of the only cricketers whose predictions aren't completely opposite unlike Gautam Gambhir, who still plays his part from home :p )

Spoiler

d66rnEM.jpg

ignore the next one (non Hindi ppl)

KhFGvmK.jpg

20 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

If we lose today I'll never post here again

same:sui:

• Like 2
Mr JoeStalin

Now this is the Chepauk we know, spinning track. 

Crying again, its been ages since Kohli fired 😭

Wayne Kerr

Rohit seems to be batting on a different pitch from the others. Two ducks by others but Rohit scoring at over a run a ball. 

Crucial innings for Rahane let's hope he fires today, he has it in him for sure

2 hours ago, Mr JoeStalin said:

same:sui:

Lol if both of us stop the thread will die. 

• KEKW 1
Mr JoeStalin
4 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Rohit seems to be batting on a different pitch from the others. Two ducks by others but Rohit scoring at over a run a ball. 

Crucial innings for Rahane let's hope he fires today, he has it in him for sure

The ball is spinning, all of them got out playing excessively defensive. The best defense on a spinning track is being aggressive which is what Rohit is doing.

• Like 1
Mr JoeStalin

Ok bitch, f*ck KP and Vaughan who were saying that this is also a win toss win match. Boomers, India are playing their 2nd innings 3x better than Eng's 1st innings (huh 134 thats Ashwin for you).

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
Mr JoeStalin

PiWB73I.png

LOLOL

Did he complain when his team won the 1st match

"Such a brave wicket to prepare for a Test match in India when Eng are down in the WTC table

If England would've lost the toss, they'd have gone down 1-0

Very very brave!

Well tossed, Joe Root 🤣"

I don't remember him saying this

Spoiler

OJVNNIQ.png

They never complain when the ball swings on their green pitches but they do when the ball spins in the sub continent (which it also did in SL, where they didn't complain because they won 😒)

• Like 2
Mr JoeStalin
3 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

ujwvrss2reh61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a 

OBV, the 1st case is because England bowl so well on green pitches which they make :kekw:, and in the 2nd case, England can't score because India made pitches to their own favour (wait, then what did England do in the 1st case?, sorry we end the show in a cliffhanger)

• Like 2
Wayne Kerr

West Indies have secured their first overseas test series victory since 2017, blanking Bangladesh 2-0. Congrats to them, they usually win only one game here and there but this achievement especially with a second string side in alien conditions is incredible, props to them. 

• Like 2