Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Girish

General Cricket Thread

Recommended Posts

Utopianthumbs

Some nice T20 action going on these last few weeks. Oh Australia, needed 39 off 35 with 9 wickets in hand and they manage to mess it up...

 

Speaking of T20, why hasn't the IPL schedule been released yet arrrgh! I just want to know when my journey of pain and disappointment watching RCBs campaign begins

Edited by Gyarados

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
1 hour ago, Gyarados said:

I just want to know when my journey of pain and disappointment watching RCBs campaign begins

 

RCB >>> MI

IPL is full fixed anyways...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
18 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

 

RCB >>> MI

I think MI has the strongest side overall but absence of a quality spinner is going to hurt them especially since it's the UAE and going to be the same 3 grounds so later in the tournament spinners will get more lethal as pitches deteriorate you'd think

 

RCB have a pretty decent team though, it actually feels balanced for once. We have Finch, Kohli and AB at the top; two quality spinners in Chahal and Zampa/Moeen; death bowlers in Morris and Saini (though I'd like to see Steyn gun in action) which we've historically lacked. Also keep an eye out for Devdutt Padikkal the opener if he gets to play, had an incredible domestic season in all formats last year. 

 

We should be strong enough to make the playoffs right? Watch us finish in the bottom two because it's RCB and the rest of the team apart from Kohli and AB flop. Really hoping and to some extent I do believe it's going to be different this time but I've seen this script too many times. Still what can you do, I ain't gonna stop supporting them anytime soon

 

It's going to feel weird af seeing IPL being played without any crowd though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar

Whats the point (apart from some fun) when we know that every alternate year its MI whose owner (the richest in Asia) gets stuff done.

 

We are always strong enough to reach the playoffs but something does go on behind

Edited by NileshKumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24

The biggest problem with RCB in past years is not as much Ambani's influence as it is their own poor team balance. They have always been very much top-three dependent with poor bowling that fails to make up for bad days with the bat. However this seems to have hopefully changed for the better this year as they seem to have paid attention to departments apart from batting. Additionally Padikkal has gotten the confidence he needs from his first match and seems good to go. Saini and Chahal really shone. But something does need to be done about Yadav's tendency to spray his deliveries to the pads when his captain has set an off-side packed field for him. You simply do not bowl body-line to a player like Bairstow especially, or onto the pads for just about any Indian batsman.

 

Interesting IPL ahead. I'm also glad that CSK won their first game, and it was a convincing performance from Rayudu who took on Bumrah pretty well. Curran looks to be the key card for CSK this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
2 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

Interesting IPL ahead. I'm also glad that CSK won their first game, and it was a convincing performance from Rayudu who took on Bumrah pretty well. Curran looks to be the key card for CSK this year.

And KXIP like wtf can't make a run in 3 balls, things like these convince me that games are fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24
25 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

And KXIP like wtf can't make a run in 3 balls, things like these convince me that games are fixed.

It's not uncommon for such circumstances where seemingly difficult things become easy or very easy things end up unaccomplished. Such is the sport of cricket sometimes. Also it could be seen with the three matches played so far that some players are just very rusty in terms of not being used to match conditions yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

Slightly rambly post incoming

 

Has the IPL got off to a banger of a start or what? All exciting games so far (we even had a super over)  except perhaps the last one lol, and even then we got treated to a Rohit special. Especially chuffed about RCBs performance against SRH, with them needing 43 of 30 with a well set Bairstow I thought for sure it was the same old story but Saini and Chahal, take a bow. Though SRH were unlucky with a couple of freak runouts and Marsh's injury ( he's ruled out which sucks but apparently Jason Holder replaces him which is interesting). From an RCB fan perspective, one more win today against KXIP and we can be top of the table, hell yeah! 

 

I do think Moeen has to come in sooner rather than later , he's simply quality and has performed superbly for RCB in the past. I get that for Padikkal to play Parthiv has got to go and so Phillippe is necessary as a keeper but I think it's best if AB steps in as keeper and Moeen comes in for Phillippe, it's tough on Phillippe but hes not really a middle order batsman as I understand and Moeen is more suited for that role. 

 

Also Virat please trust Washington Sundar more, I'm slightly biased cause I think he's got lot of potential as an all rounder and I'm a fan, him and AB are like my two favorite RCB players, but if the skipper takes him off after just one over where he conceded merely 7 runs then, like, cmon that shows poor faith in your youngster. Maybe I'm being too critical but RCB haven't been the greatest side in terms of man management so I'm a bit worried

 

@RithRake24 really surprised CSK beat friggin Mumbai but lost to a Butler less Rajasthan. Some of their batsmen were way too slow to get going against RR and to me a questionable decision from Dhoni to send Jadhav ahead of himself and Jadeja, to me Jadhav simply isnt a T20 player anymore though it may sound harsh and MS should have taken the responsibility to come after Curran was out instead of sending the debutant at that stage. Still CSK made a fight of it and you'd think of Watson or Curran was alongside Faf they would have won. 

 

@NileshKumar yeah funny that KXIP couldn't hit 1 in 3 but it isn't as unusual as you'd think, the exact same thing happened in a t20 between India and New Zealand this year(think it was this year though don't remember exactly when) which also went to a super over that we won. And Bangladesh famously choked in that world Cup encounter against India in a similar situation too (144WWW is a well known joke in internet cricket circles). 

 

Hopefully KXIP has a similar performance against us today but I doubt Rahul, Maxwell and Pooran go missing two games in a row so kind of nervous tbh

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar

Pat Cummins sucked with the ball anyways...

I pretty much want Finch to perform today, you can't leave everything to AB 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

Turns out they gave him the wrong role man, that 15 crore was actually for his batting judging by how he smashed Bumrah. 

 

Honestly Cummins is quality but I get the feeling in limited overs cricket Starc and even Hazlewood are superior bowlers. Hopefully for KKRs sake he bounced back soon, their pace attack is way too inexperienced otherwise so they need him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24

Lol RCB's game today against KXIP is technically a team based in Karnataka playing against a team based in Punjab but comprising a good number of Karnataka players like Mayank Agarwal, Rahul, Krishnappa Gowtham and Karun Nair. Nothing really significant but it's kinda ironic I guess.

 

20 minutes ago, Gyarados said:

Some of their batsmen were way too slow to get going against RR and to me a questionable decision from Dhoni to send Jadhav ahead of himself and Jadeja, to me Jadhav simply isnt a T20 player anymore though it may sound harsh and MS should have taken the responsibility to come after Curran was out instead of sending the debutant at that stage.

You're really right. I'm a great admirer of Dhoni and his tactics but I'm not buying into Dhoni's BS excuse that he didn't walk out to bat because he hasn't batted a lot. It really just seems like he was covering up the fact that he didn't feel confident enough to walk out at that stage and didn't back himself (this could probably be due to the huge break he had from the WC semi to the IPL). He did state that CSK is a team that normally never experiments much and he wanted to experiment sending younger players ahead of him in that one match, but then again why Jadhav ahead of Dhoni? I just hope the 3 sixes that Dhoni hit in the last over would have given him some of his confidence back and he would take more responsibility in the rest of the season. Jadhav is the kind of player who can maneuver the quick bowlers around and he is not a quick scorer when the spinners are on, so it was definitely not a suitable situation for him to walk out when he did.

 

21 minutes ago, Gyarados said:

(144WWW is a well known joke in internet cricket circles). 

lol yeah true

 

1 minute ago, Gyarados said:

that 15 crore

It really does seem like big money players in the IPL Auction never play well in the respective season usually (not counting performance after retention). Maybe because of the pressure that's on them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
2 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

It really does seem like big money players in the IPL Auction never play well in the respective season usually (not counting performance after retention). Maybe because of the pressure that's on them

Cricinfo had an article about this yesterday interviewing a few players who went for big bucks but didn't perform up to that tag like Unadkat, Tymal Mills etc and gotta say i can see why that pressure will be there and one bad performance can make some fans go 'this guy is way overpaid' adding to the pressure. Honestly Cummins as good as he is, is not among the best of t20 bowlers and idk what he was thinking constantly bowling short to Rohit and he got smacked accordingly. Do expect him to bounce back though. 

 

Yesh I hear you on that Karnataka represented more in KXIP than RCB thing, franchise cricket is funny that way huh 😅

 

16 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

I pretty much want Finch to perform today, you can't leave everything to AB 

Absolutely. Finch is kind of like Gayle imo where he starts of a bit slow but can really tee off in the end. Hopefully he does it today cause I don't trust our batting after AB especially with no Moeen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar

RCB just won't win until Kohli gives up his ego

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24
8 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

RCB just won't win until Kohli gives up his ego

 

Oh, man. To be really honest though Kohli just wasn't himself yesterday - he didn't look confident at all in the field when batting/fielding, dropped two catches and failed to walk out at number 3 and steady the chase like he usually likes to do. It's possible that all the home time he had due to COVID-19 has taken away his drive to play confidently. Ah RCB fans can only hope he will get his confidence back. Tough luck yesterday.

 

Rahul was too good, he's one hell of a beautiful player but well who knows, if his catches were taken the game might've taken a different trajectory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
51 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Oh, man. To be really honest though Kohli just wasn't himself yesterday - he didn't look confident at all in the field when batting/fielding, dropped two catches and failed to walk out at number 3 and steady the chase like he usually likes to do. It's possible that all the home time he had due to COVID-19 has taken away his drive to play confidently. Ah RCB fans can only hope he will get his confidence back. Tough luck yesterday.

 

Rahul was too good, he's one hell of a beautiful player but well who knows, if his catches were taken the game might've taken a different trajectory.

That failed catch towards the end nearly costed RCB 35-40 more runs, that was the turning point of the match and wickets kept on falling due to the pressure of the required run rate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24

Kohli and Watson both broke their shackles and played match-winning innings. Can't keep a player of their caliber out of form for long!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

Admittedly I'm feeling quite pessimistic about RCBs chances after that pathetic show yesterday so this post might have a bitter tone to it. 

 

I'm tired of seeing RCBs batting be a no show after AB gets out early. It's not this season in particular but after Gayle lost his form, for a few years now it's like if Kohli or especially AB get out early then it's like the wind is knocked out of the team and whoever make up the rest of the middle order be it De Grandhomme, Moeen, Hetmyer, Corey Anderson, Shivam Dube etc, they just seem to automatically give up, it's like our batting ends with AB and it's frustrating to see the same script play out again and again when he gets out early.

 

It's why I was livid with ABs shot in the last ball of the power play, I know it's just IPL and I shouldn't get worked up so much but man does supporting this team gets tiring sometimes. Even our win against Mumbai which went to the super over, it may seem to have been a thrilling victory but I couldnt enjoy it cause I was pissed by the fact that we even let them come that close when they needed like 90 of the last 5 overs, to let them tie it from there was ridiculous. 

 

Another thing, what even was that Finch innings yesterday? He had like 3 lives (4 if you include Ashwin not mankading him when he had the chance lmao) but he still didn't score. Of course it's easy for an armchair expert like me to say that he shouldve done this or that and I recognize that, just that am feeling slightly bitter after yesterday lol, and cmon Finch is performing nowhere close to what he can do or what is needed, even his 50 against MI had a couple of dropped chances IIRC. 

 

As for dear captain Kohli, I'm being an armchair expert again and I hope he proves me wrong but I feel at this stage of his career he's best suited for the 150-160 type of run chases, anything above 170 and he becomes a liability imo. Both innings against RR and yesterday which was supposed to indicate a return to form for him, his strike rate was less than 100 until near the end of his innings, at least against RR the target was not so big but yesterday his innings was similar to Rahuls innings against CSK the day before in that both were top scorers but scored too slow and ultimately their innings didn't help the team / were detrimental even. And in hindsight he should have chosen to bat first. But then he wasn't helped by Saini bowling beamers all over the place lol. 

 

Poor Punjab lol, got two of the top three run scorers of the league in their openers and got Shami among the highest wicket takers but they're still last place. On the other hand CSK is back and how. Though it's to be seen if Watto can be consistent but it was great to see their fearless batting approach against Punjab, they can afford to do it too considering they bat so deep

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
17 minutes ago, Gyarados said:

Admittedly I'm feeling quite pessimistic about RCBs chances after that pathetic show yesterday so this post might have a bitter tone to it. 

 

I'm tired of seeing RCBs batting be a no show after AB gets out early. It's not this season in particular but after Gayle lost his form, for a few years now it's like if Kohli or especially AB get out early then it's like the wind is knocked out of the team and whoever make up the rest of the middle order be it De Grandhomme, Moeen, Hetmyer, Corey Anderson, Shivam Dube etc, they just seem to automatically give up, it's like our batting ends with AB and it's frustrating to see the same script play out again and again when he gets out early.

 

It's why I was livid with ABs shot in the last ball of the power play, I know it's just IPL and I shouldn't get worked up so much but man does supporting this team gets tiring sometimes. Even our win against Mumbai which went to the super over, it may seem to have been a thrilling victory but I couldnt enjoy it cause I was pissed by the fact that we even let them come that close when they needed like 90 of the last 5 overs, to let them tie it from there was ridiculous. 

 

Another thing, what even was that Finch innings yesterday? He had like 3 lives (4 if you include Ashwin not mankading him when he had the chance lmao) but he still didn't score. Of course it's easy for an armchair expert like me to say that he shouldve done this or that and I recognize that, just that am feeling slightly bitter after yesterday lol, and cmon Finch is performing nowhere close to what he can do or what is needed, even his 50 against MI had a couple of dropped chances IIRC. 

 

As for dear captain Kohli, I'm being an armchair expert again and I hope he proves me wrong but I feel at this stage of his career he's best suited for the 150-160 type of run chases, anything above 170 and he becomes a liability imo. Both innings against RR and yesterday which was supposed to indicate a return to form for him, his strike rate was less than 100 until near the end of his innings, at least against RR the target was not so big but yesterday his innings was similar to Rahuls innings against CSK the day before in that both were top scorers but scored too slow and ultimately their innings didn't help the team / were detrimental even. And in hindsight he should have chosen to bat first. But then he wasn't helped by Saini bowling beamers all over the place lol. 

 

Poor Punjab lol, got two of the top three run scorers of the league in their openers and got Shami among the highest wicket takers but they're still last place. On the other hand CSK is back and how. Though it's to be seen if Watto can be consistent but it was great to see their fearless batting approach against Punjab, they can afford to do it too considering they bat so deep

Also, Paddikal is just suited for batting 1st, Finch is just a fat bum who is a liability for all franchises, he just plays good for Australia

 

I'd just say that AB is a far better player and captain than Kohli

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

Also, Paddikal is just suited for batting 1st

I was also thinking that both times we were required to chase he flopped but still early days and I have hope he'll turn out to be the next big thing for both RCB and India

 

16 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

Finch is just a fat bum who is a liability for all franchises, he just plays good for Australia

Lol, a bit harsh but I can kinda see what you mean. He's quality as his international record suggests but his IPL record really isnt that great,if he keeps this up we might as well replace him with Phillipe as he's also an opener and this relieves AB of keeping duties, or even Morris and make Kohli open

 

16 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

I'd just say that AB is a far better player and captain than Kohli

AB is our MVP, I'd argue that even Chahal is more important to RCB than Kohli at present. I wish Kohli would get back to his otherworldly 2016 IPL form but I think that's never going to come back

Edited by Gyarados
added 'at present'
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24
1 hour ago, Gyarados said:

Chahal is more important to RCB

Chahal is a god. The man's a treasure on and off the field. You really have to applaud a spinner who bowls consistently well at the Chinnaswamy (a really tiny stadium) and I just really love his carefree funny character lol. Man's cool af

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Chahal is a god. The man's a treasure on and off the field. You really have to applaud a spinner who bowls consistently well at the Chinnaswamy (a really tiny stadium) and I just really love his carefree funny character lol. Man's cool af

We need a proper Chahal appreciation thread tbh. He may not feel all superstar like yet manages to have a very entertaining personality and that plus him being one of the few talents to emerge into the Indian setup from RCB is why I have a soft corner for him. He also represented India at chess in the youth level if i'm not mistaken so dude's multi talented too.

 

And who doesn't love to have a bit of ChahalTV in their lives :D. Though it's a bit of a shame about his partner in crime Kuldeep, man seems to be going a bit downward career wise though it's still too early to tell, but it seems like every game I see Kuldeep play nowadays involves him getting smashed for a few

Edited by Utopianthumbs
finally 20 posts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
7 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

We need a proper Chahal appreciation thread tbh. He may not feel all superstar like yet manages to have a very entertaining personality and that plus him being one of the few talents to emerge into the Indian setup from RCB is why I have a soft corner for him. He also represented India at chess in the youth level if i'm not mistaken so dude's multi talented too.

 

And who doesn't love to have a bit of ChahalTV in their lives :D. Though it's a bit of a shame about his partner in crime Kuldeep, man seems to be going a bit downward career wise though it's still too early to tell, but it seems like every game I see Kuldeep play nowadays involves him getting smashed for a few

WTF Am I dreaming?

U back?

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
2 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

WTF Am I dreaming?

U back?

Lol I know you always knew :p

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

@RithRake24 your CSK is gonna go down hard today, just saying 😜

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RithRake24
11 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

@RithRake24 your CSK is gonna go down hard today, just saying 😜

Hahahahahahahaha and they did. *cries inside*

 

Batting department of CSK has been a complete failure this season but I have to give Morris props for nailing his yorkers almost every ball too. Ah man as a fan I can only hope they make a miraculous comeback. Finally Dhoni has acknowledged the unbelievable lack of intent that CSK has in the middle overs, which has been their main problem. They bat deep (until number 8!) but the top order and middle order batsmen seem to forget that and play too cautiously holding on to their wickets until they have too much to do in the last 3 or 4 overs.

 

One plus though is that Jagadeesan looks waaay more promising than Jadhav, who looks like he was just trying to get a place in the Indian test team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
1 hour ago, RithRake24 said:

Ah man as a fan I can only hope they make a miraculous comeback.

Just to give you a bit of hope (don't get it up too much though :p) I saw on Cricbuzz that CSK did lose five out of seven in 2010 too but went on to win the league in the end. So there's precedent for a miraculous comeback, but then this side is a different and much older side of course so i wouldn't count on it. 

 

Tbh though everyone was mocking this side as 'Dad's Army' even back in 2018 so overall CSK has done damn well to win the league once and get to the finals the other time with this side. I'd even say they overperformed with this side till now and this seasons performance was bound to happen at some point. Sucks that CSKs record of getting to the playoffs everytime will most likely end but you never know cause it isn't over yet

 

1 hour ago, RithRake24 said:

Finally Dhoni has acknowledged the unbelievable lack of intent that CSK has in the middle overs, which has been their main problem. They bat deep (until number 8!) but the top order and middle order batsmen seem to forget that and play too cautiously holding on to their wickets until they have too much to do in the last 3 or 4 overs

I'm beginning to think they should adopt the Narine strategy and send a pinch hitter to open like a Sam Curran or even a Shardul Thakur or Deepak Chahar since they're both capable with the bat and since their wickets aren't valuable they can just swing for it, if it doesn't work then anyway it won't be any different from the starts they're getting currently and the regular batsmen can try again. 

 

Interestingly though CSK have never batted first this season, I wonder what their approach would be if they didn't have scoreboard pressure, especially Watson's approach. 

 

Btw about my previous point regarding Kohli

On 10/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, Utopianthumbs said:

As for dear captain Kohli, I'm being an armchair expert again and I hope he proves me wrong but I feel at this stage of his career he's best suited for the 150-160 type of run chases, anything above 170 and he becomes a liability imo. Both innings against RR and yesterday which was supposed to indicate a return to form for him, his strike rate was less than 100 until near the end of his innings, at least against RR the target was not so big but yesterday his innings was similar to Rahuls innings against CSK the day before in that both were top scorers but scored too slow and ultimately their innings didn't help the team / were detrimental even

He shut me up lol. Was a brilliant innings , among Kohli's best imo. RCB and CSK were neck to neck even till the 15th over but it was Kohli's burst in the death overs supported by Dube that got us clear, he was deservedly man of the match. Long may his form continue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Just to give you a bit of hope (don't get it up too much though :p) I saw on Cricbuzz that CSK did lose five out of seven in 2010 too but went on to win the league in the end. So there's precedent for a miraculous comeback, but then this side is a different and much older side of course so i wouldn't count on it. 

 

Tbh though everyone was mocking this side as 'Dad's Army' even back in 2018 so overall CSK has done damn well to win the league once and get to the finals the other time with this side. I'd even say they overperformed with this side till now and this seasons performance was bound to happen at some point. Sucks that CSKs record of getting to the playoffs everytime will most likely end but you never know cause it isn't over yet

 

I'm beginning to think they should adopt the Narine strategy and send a pinch hitter to open like a Sam Curran or even a Shardul Thakur or Deepak Chahar since they're both capable with the bat and since their wickets aren't valuable they can just swing for it, if it doesn't work then anyway it won't be any different from the starts they're getting currently and the regular batsmen can try again. 

 

Interestingly though CSK have never batted first this season, I wonder what their approach would be if they didn't have scoreboard pressure, especially Watson's approach. 

 

Btw about my previous point regarding Kohli

He shut me up lol. Was a brilliant innings , among Kohli's best imo. RCB and CSK were neck to neck even till the 15th over but it was Kohli's burst in the death overs supported by Dube that got us clear, he was deservedly man of the match. Long may his form continue

In short: Yay we won!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

Kane Williamson man, one of the most adaptable batsmen in the game today imo. Can play the accumulator role with ease, can play anchor in a collapse and as he's done recently can bash in the death overs too. Among the Fab 4, Kohli and Root are strokemakers while Smiths technique is one of a kind lol but Kane can be both a rock solid test bat and a free flowing test player in T20s, from an Indian fan POV he's like Pujara in tests and Kohli in T20s, really appreciate that about him

 

Was just typing that Ben Stokes is opening for Rajasthan today which is interesting to see, but as I was typing he got bowled... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
On 6/21/2020 at 10:30 PM, xInfected_Virus said:

For me my IPL team is the Mumbai Indians

Apologies if this seems kind of random (and general apology for double posting lol) but i remember you saying this and just wanted to know, you following the IPL currently? Cause if yes then you must be a very happy camper seeing MI right at the top :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NileshKumar

RR had a superb game yesterday, like KKR snatched the game from KXIP, so did RR from SRH

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.