3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Girish

General Cricket Thread

Max

Awful to watch the Phil Hughes story unfold over the last few days and I wish his family all the best. Terrible tragedy not only for him but for Sean Abbott also. RIP Phil Hughes.

MikeyBelic

MS Dhon Dogga (Dhoni) has announced his immediate retirement from Test Cricket and stepping down as Test skipper.

Virat Kohli will be the Captain for the Sydney test. Love Kohli as a cricketer, but you couldn't pick a more arrogant piece of sh*t as Captain, bad choice for India, he is far from mature enough.

Girish

Virat Kohli will be the Captain for the Sydney test. Love Kohli as a cricketer, but you couldn't pick a more arrogant piece of sh*t as Captain, bad choice for India, he is far from mature enough.

That's what they said about Ganguly and look how that turned out. I'll reserve my judgement until I have seen him captain India for a decent amount of time.

MikeyBelic

I'm not saying he'll be a bad one at all, just that he'll have a lot of controversy surrounding him, would make a bet there might be a few suspensions in his captaincy lifetime also. As a Captain I think he'll be just as good as Dhoni if not better. Cricket tragics like Kohli always are good Captains, Ponting & Clarke just to name a few.

AussieAustin

I'm not saying he'll be a bad one at all, just that he'll have a lot of controversy surrounding him, would make a bet there might be a few suspensions in his captaincy lifetime also. As a Captain I think he'll be just as good as Dhoni if not better. Cricket tragics like Kohli always are good Captains, Ponting & Clarke just to name a few.

Problem with Kohli though, he doesn't respect his opponents enough to be a good captain. Trash talking on field is great, i love it. But Kohli takes to far for a captain. Dave Warner, as much as I love the way he goes about his cricket he will never be captain of Australia.

Australia should tear this world cup apart. I'll be a bit shocked if we don't win this one. Almost to much talent playing good cricket in Australia now, hope it doesnt confuse the selectors.

*Qi*

India lost in sh*tty way today versus England. I mean common just 153 runs from a good enough batting side. :v::/:O:(

Ducard

Sorry for the bump, I don't have much interest in the World Cup but England, Jesus Christ, what an awful performance. It can't get much worse for them than this...

Edited by Ducard

khsh97

Sorry for the bump, I don't have much interest in the World Cup but England, Jesus Christ, what an awful performance. It can't get much worse for them than this...

sometime this happen with all the teams... all out even less than 100.

why there are no comments about India vs Pakistan match?

Edited by khsh97

Kiffster

Currently watching Ind v SA. I hear there's a challenge between the radio station I listen to and India's Radio City. Losing side must play music from the winning country on their breakfast show on monday...

I don't like indian music ducard and girish, so our boys better win!! Edit: ah crap, beaten by 130 runs

I still think it'll be NZ and SA in the final though :)

Edited by W2B

krashr

australia is playing atrociously today

*Qi*

India will CRUSH Uae Today. I am sure Today Raina and Virat Kohli will play well.

One of them will make a Century for sure.

MikeyBelic

Horrible first performance for Australia but there are some positives to take from todays game.

- Australia hadn't played cricket since the first match in the World Cup whilst New Zealand had played three games where they thrashed their opponents, considering how close the game turned up I certainly wouldn't write Australia off the next time they take on the Kiwi's.

- After an atrocious first innings from nearly everyone besides Hadds we saw that Hadds still is capable of rescuing the side with one of his great innings.

- Australia's bowling was fantastic. While a majority of NZ's wickets were due to bad shots on Australia's half, the Aussies wickets were all very good, right through the gate and smashing the three legs to oblivion. A lot of NZ's bowled wickets were due to lazy deflecting shots. All besides Johnson, he was.. very sh*t. But let us remember he hasn't played a international competitive ODI game besides the first world cup match, I'm pretty sure he was rested during all of the Tri Series games besides the final, so two competitive ODI's. To be fair he needed a rest but CA really messed that one up.

- Watto looked good today, better then he has all summer. I think he is close to finally getting where he needs to. When I went to the first WC match at the MCG I noticed that when he came out he actually got booed by the crowd.. a man isn't going to really get better form when even HIS fans aren't supporting him.

- JIMMY FAULKNER WILL BE BACK NEXT GAME.

Ducard

Great match between New Zealand and South Africa. Best cricket match I've seen in a long time. Really wish both could have gone through but I'd say New Zealand deserved it simply because they were more consistent throughout the WC. Would like NZ to win but I wouldn't mind it i any team won it apart from India. (I say this as an Indian)

great game overall and I'm sorry W2B. Better luck in 2019. :)

Edited by Ducard

Iminicus

NZvAUS Final. Come on Aussie!

Girish

Aussies are going to get their asses handed to them in the SF.

:rol:

*Qi*

Hell Yes; Dont underestimate Indian team. Just like NZ; Indian team has been more consistent through out the WC and I wish that would define Indian team Victory soon!

NZ topped the Group B and are now in Finals.

Indian team topped the Group A and will be in_______?

Lets wait and see!!

Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7

khsh97

I was a neutral fan today. But I feel too much sad(same like I felt sad for Pakistan) seeing AB deviliers cry(hurted me like I was hurted when Shahid Afridi cried in the semi-final in 2011 world cup). In the meantime, I was happy for Brendon Mccullum. This world cup was great. TWO best matches in pool stages. Then Wahab riaz historical deadly spell. Wahab and Misbah crying. Misbah and Afridi retiring. Australia winning a low scoring match with trouble. Then today match, seeing AB deviliers cry. Both team deserving to win. Best match of the world cup. I am sure IND vs AUS will also be thrilling...!!! So far good world cup and great & emotional knockout stage.

Edited by khsh97

khsh97

Today match was the best match of the world cup. Today neither South Africa win, nor new zealand, only cricket win.

One win the match, other win the heart.

Today is the only day where every one feels s**t

why cricket has only one winner when there are two teams deserve to win...!!!❤❤❤

khsh97

Then Indians are going to get their asses handed to them in the Final. sorry! I am not Indian hater but seeing new zealand performance today, I must say that. I like MS Dhoni, kohli and all the Indians legends Tendulker, sehwag, dravid, yuraj, sris(I don't remember his name but he is the man who won world cup for india in 82), anil kumble and Azharuddin. I admit Dhoni is the best wicket keeper and captain. I have a lot of respect for the indian players.

*Qi*

Friend; Not to annoy you.

But please use the edit button for posting more into your own post. :)

khsh97

Friend; Not to annoy you.

But please use the edit button for posting more into your own post. :)

I know but today I was emotional...!!!

Kiffster

great game overall and I'm sorry W2B. Better luck in 2019. :)

Well..... our boys lost to the best team. Brilliant game! I'm sure we'll make it to the final one day

And whoever they face, the black caps will win their first wc title come sunday.

Girish

why cricket has only one winner when there are two teams deserve to win...!!!❤❤❤

Every sport has only one winner or they would not be much point in playing. ;p

If (due to some unforeseen miracle) Australia manage to beat India, then I hope NZ win the cup. The Aussies have too many WC wins already.

Eram

-snip-

Sorry mate but that's not true (unless you're only talking about team sports).

Alpine Skiing have sometimes more than one winner, Athletics also do.

Though it's not common, it has happened at the Olympics 2 athletes sharing the 1st place and both winning gold medals.

Girish

-snip-

Sorry mate but that's not true (unless you're only talking about team sports).

Alpine Skiing have sometimes more than one winner, Athletics also do.

Though it's not common, it has happened at the Olympics 2 athletes sharing the 1st place and both winning gold medals.

From that point of view, you can say the same about tied matches in cricket, football, etc. But that doesn't take away the fact that every team/player plays a sport to win and not draw/tie.

Eram

Not quite. You said that every sport has only 1 winner. A draw/tie is not a win, hence why I didn't mention other sports besides Ski and Athletics, where more than 1 athlete can actually win the gold/1st place.

RedIndianRobin

Australia vs. NZ final. Mark my words. Indians gonna suffer in Aussies' hands in the upcoming match. :(

Ducard

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I want India to lose so that everyone can stfu. The hype the media create is so annoying. Edited by Ducard

Girish

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I want India to lose so that everyone can stfu. The hype the media creates is so annoying.

The hype is quite understandable though. Like NZ, India have won all their games so far. They definitely have the potential to win the cup again. The prospect of winning back-to-back World Cups is exciting and you can't expect the media to keep quiet about it. Anyone who reaches the final is deserving of winning the cup depending on how well they play on one of the most important days of their life.

Ducard

I suppose so but the same hype is not letting us grow in other sports.

Edited by Ducard