GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Disable Phone Camera

vahnx

How do I disable the phone camera? I haven't played in a while and now for some reason every time I open my phone almost, my camera auto starts on it.

Shadowfennekin

Pressing up on the d-pad twice quickly opens up Snapmatic. Annoying as hell imo.

I know.

Why did they even do that? It doesn't take that long to get out your f*cking phone and get to the snapmatic option.

I add my money to the bank after every mission so it can be safe and this is a BIG inconvenience.

Roronoa Zoro

Press once for phone, twice for camera. After about the third time messing it up you are out of excuses, your fingers are attached to your hands, & you control them. Or is the complaint you have no control over your fingers?

hornedturtle

Press once for phone, twice for camera. After about the third time messing it up you are out of excuses, your fingers are attached to your hands, & you control them. Or is the complaint you have no control over your fingers?

my fingers have a mind of there own so no...no I don't :( Edited by hornedturtle

Roronoa Zoro

my fingers have a mind of there own so no...no I don't :(

I myself love the addition, the extra few seconds it used to take to pull the camera out used to mean you missed the shot, now you can get it out fast enough to capture it. It really only took a couple timed to learn not to double tap it for the phone. It is also something the players hve been asking for.

However, i think they should add an on/off option for the feature for those of you that hate it.

hornedturtle

Yes a toggle would be nice, that I can agree on

Ps. I'm not against the change...I just don't have control of my hands

Well yall need to slow ya roll because a shortcut to the camera is a good idea and since you know how not to do it, don't!

Furry_Monkey

If they wanted to make camera access quicker then all they had to do was remove the terrible, terrible animation when you open it. That would save 2 seconds right there. Instead, they decided to troll us.

Here's actual video footage of how they reacted when the idea was first suggested...

1399909209970.gif

• Like 3

Well yall need to slow ya roll because a shortcut to the camera is a good idea and since you know how not to do it, don't!

No it isn't. There's the snapoatic nerds that hang out with friends on hill tops doing nothing but nothing, and there's the psychos that are always in chases, killing and destroying red and white blips none stop. Psychos rush the phone. Hill top flower pickers have the time to casually pull out their camera. I was in a chase and needed my off radar quickly and I ended up in crappy camera mode and hit a tree. Lag also makes it difficult to avoid the camera in high speed chases. Either add an on/off feature, or revert the phone back to the way its been for 11 months. Simple dimple.

• Like 4

Its a curse

Legend has it that a group of gta forumers travelled into an unknown area of gta v and found such a haunted place non would speak of its horror or location. When they came back they werent alone, the camera kept popping up destroying lives and relationships. Legend also has it that the forumers who travelled to the location were found dead a few days after returning.

Blind and Mute

I'm so used to pressing up on the d-pad twice because I'm trying to get over to my contacts, so now I have to keep correcting myself otherwise I'll end up rear-ending some npc.

I think the shortcut should be changed to holding down the D-pad for 2 seconds or something instead.

xInfamousRYANx

Pressing up on the d-pad twice quickly opens up Snapmatic. Annoying as hell imo.

I know.

Why did they even do that? It doesn't take that long to get out your f*cking phone and get to the snapmatic option.

I add my money to the bank after every mission so it can be safe and this is a BIG inconvenience.

Ahain never had a f*cking problem with this new feature. Stop button mashing

Furry_Monkey

I think the shortcut should be changed to holding down the D-pad for 2 seconds or something instead.

I agree that if they want to add it then it should be something different, but holding down on the d-pad is already taken - character selection.

Holding up is "quick accept" for job invites, and holding left or right, whilst not mapped to anything, just doesn't seem right. Definitely a better choice than screwing up the phone for lots of people.

GrandMaster Smith

This honestly would've been 20x better. And I'm sure they could easily add in the phone settings a toggle to disable the point and shoot feature for those who don't want it.

Furry_Monkey

This honestly would've been 20x better. And I'm sure they could easily add in the phone settings a toggle to disable the point and shoot feature for those who don't want it.

That is, of course, the best solution. Stop making decisions on how we should be doing things, especially when it's a change to something we've been doing for nearly a year, and give us options! Sometimes I do despair at the inexperience and incompetence they exhibit with some of their choices.

I agree that if they want to add it then it should be something different, but holding down on the d-pad is already taken - character selection.

Holding up is "quick accept" for job invites, and holding left or right, whilst not mapped to anything, just doesn't seem right. Definitely a better choice than screwing up the phone for lots of people.

I meant holding "up". Should've worded it better. I had no idea that was quick accept though.

Furry_Monkey

I meant holding "up". Should've worded it better. I had no idea that was quick accept though.

Lol - yeah I can see that now you've explained. That was actually my initial thought until I remembered the quick accept feature.

Maybe they should make it a combo, like Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L1, L2 :p

Points awarded for knowing what that is!

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Lol - yeah I can see that now you've explained. That was actually my initial thought until I remembered the quick accept feature.

Maybe they should make it a combo, like Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L1, L2 :p

Points awarded for knowing what that is!

No idea what cheat code that is lol

dont double tap the d pad button

Seems simple enough.

Funny how so many people can't seem to do such a simple task.

802dc0bb-09dd-4d3e-8787-376684d97cbe_zps

BondageKitty

It's a annoying feature but would be nice if they added as an option for the 15% of the population that likes the feature, Default to off for the majority that don't.

I have no idea why it was added. So far none of the supporters have given a reasonable argument.

Edited by BondageKitty
  • Like 1

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

xInfamousRYANx

It's a annoying feature but would be nice if they added as an option for the 15% of the population that likes the feature, Default to off for the majority that don't.

I have no idea why it was added. So far none of the supporters have given a reasonable argument.

To take a pic quicker if there is action happening you dont wanna wait for the phone to lag open then select snapmatic. Its the same as why people are pressing up twice I guess they dont wanna wait for phone lag to access contacts