2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Should we add Sirius XM to GTA?

Bitmapp

Alright so as all of you know in some of the newer cars IRL you can add Sirius XM for a small fee each month and that gives you radio stations that go from rap to rock to sports announcements and the best part is there are NO COMMERCIALS.

So do you guys think we should add that to GTA? I mean for like 10$ a day I would do it and maybe it could also give you the option to hook up your iPod or PC and play music through your own radio station on the Sirius XM? :)

10$ a day? You gotta be joking unless you mean GTA$ lol. I would pay 10$ a month to be able to play music imported from my PC though.

Edited by BaRe 2G

CrysisAverted

You can't be Sirius.

Nah man, I already subscribe to Google Play music, and I'm sure others here are subscribers to services like Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, etc. I already pay for my service, I don't wanna add another payment just to listen to custom music in a video game.

Their most logical and reasonable add-on would be to add a custom radio station that lets us add our own music and listen in-game via Xbox/PS3.

Nah man, I already subscribe to Google Play music, and I'm sure others here are subscribers to services like Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, etc. I already pay for my service, I don't wanna add another payment just to listen to custom music in a video game.

Their most logical and reasonable add-on would be to add a custom radio station that lets us add our own music and listen in-game via Xbox/PS3.

But each Rockstar employee needs their own solid gold toilet though.

10$ a day? You gotta be joking unless you mean GTA$ lol. I would pay 10$ a month to be able to play music imported from my PC though.

$10 a day in GTA$ just like paying your mechanic every day it would just take it out as well lol

I myself listen to Spotify but it would be awesome to add your own music! :)

The whole personal music/independence FM talk in GTAV is a tricky one.

No one ever considers how it would work online.

All of the occupants in your vehicle listen to the same station, so if I'm running my own music, how do they hear it?

How does that work for licensing? Storage? The Rockstar Cloud servers are already loaded as it is.

The last thing they need to do is stream music from my PS3 to all of my friends in the car.

I don't think that's possible, even if they wanted to!

They could introduce an iPod/headphones feature for personal use, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Just put your own IRL iPod on and turn your TV volume down. Independence FM Solved.

I'm not against you OP, I'm just saying that logistically, your idea is a nightmare for R*.

Thankfully the soundtrack is very very good.

All of the occupants in your vehicle listen to the same station, so if I'm running my own music, how do they hear it?

How does that work for licensing? Storage? The Rockstar Cloud servers are already loaded as it is.

The last thing they need to do is stream music from my PS3 to all of my friends in the car.

They could introduce an iPod/headphones feature for personal use, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Just put your own IRL iPod on and turn your TV volume down. Independence FM Solved.

I'm not against you OP, I'm just saying that logistically, your idea is a nightmare for R*.

Think SR styled "Mixtape" station could happen? Would be nice to have songs from various stations all in one station.

• Like 1

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

Yeah I myself have a chord that runs from my headset to my PC or iPod or anything so I can listen to music off of that and still hear all the game sounds from my Xbox/PS3/PC/PS4/XBONE/etc :)

You can't be Sirius.

You should feel ashamed of yourself. Though it was sort of amusing.

People always think "omg rokstar why u no add real cars its so esy???" "OMG rovkstar why u no add music" licensing purposes. This will never work. If that station on the Sirus plays something NEW everyday then companies will sue rockstar.

Edited by Eyecandy

Christ, I wish there was a minimum age restriction on these forums lol...ya know like the game itself.

juantrapriguez

Im subscribed to music unlimited on my PS4 so i'll listen to that when GTA releases again

As others have said licensing would be a nightmare so it's not going to happen or if it did you wouldn't be paying in GTA$ it would have to be real money but the hassle to get it working probably isn't worth Rockstars time.