next gta game one of the main storyline characters

guitar1223

I think in the next game one of the main storyline characters you play as in single player should be a female

Shadowfennekin

That could be likely if they decide to go with three characters again.

I'm all for a female protagonist, but next to the male protagonist.

Something like, Claude and Catalina, and an engaging story, with the right gameplay.

A great story with just one female protagonist, is not suited for a game like GTA, for me.

Edited by Osho

Even for like saints row the dialogue doesn't chance when u play as a male or or female they need it like resident evil when u could play as a female with her own dialogue and stuff

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like that. I am hoping that at least a couple of the heist crew members return in a future installment, especially Paige Harris and Taliana Martinez.

Cheers.

The Harwood Bitcher

I'd like that. I am hoping that at least a couple of the heist crew members return in a future installment, especially Paige Harris and Taliana Martinez.

Cheers.

Why you write cheers at the end of every sentence?
  • Like 1

DIE

I'd like to see a female protagonist in a SPIN OFF, not in the main series of GTA. The reason being is because male protagonists are obviously a part of GTA now and all, and the main series still needs these guys as protagonists. But a female protagonist would be good.

I think the next Grand Theft Auto should stick with a single protagonist. Everything felt pretty forced throughout V having to switch between 3 people during certain missions. Plus, a single character makes the city feel more mysterious with us knowing so little, while we got two people who know Los Santos and one that knows Blaine County. That's just my two cents, though.

• Like 1

I don't know how I feel about a female protagonist. It could work but there's a good chance it could flop entirely and end up lacking an engaging story.

If it were up to me, maybe try it out in a GTA like VCS or LCS but not in the main series.

Drunken Cowboy

I'm gonna repost what I said in universetittytwister's post:

I see how YOU yourself rationalize it, but I think it'd be hard to preach to a large audience. I really think CJ is a lousy example. Most people just feel nostalgic for whacky San Andreas; consequently, associating their favorite GTA with CJ. You break CJ down, and he's a boring, submissive, vapid c*nt. I doubt the race comparison is really appropriate.

But anyways, it's good to look at outside games.

Who are the most famous women in games? Samus? A mute in a suit, she could basically be a man and her character wouldn't change. Lara Croft? She's strong and independent, but not without several T n A flashes to the audience. There's a tough triangle that female characters need to be in the center of in order to capture the respect of a male audience member. They need to be tough but not a butch feminist. They need to be sexy but not slutty. And they need to be headstrong but not intimidating.

Frankly, I think GTA's refrained because it's more trouble than it's worth in that regard. I heard some statistic that 80% of video game players are male, and that includes ALL games, like Candy Crush and other sh*t mostly played by girls.

To make a female character just seems like... trying to make a female character for the sake of making a female character... (Like Franklin being black in GTA V for the sake of being black in GTA V) Most people want to play a character that they can both relate to and develop. Hence, our old archetypes. Have you ever played a game or watched a show with the token friends of the protagonist? The fat guy, the smart guy, the coward, etc, and then the woman. Until this general idea of "gender and race are enough for establishing a character" dissipates sufficiently, I don't see a female protagonist being viable.

Lastly, woman do commit crimes, but statistically are under 20% of people who commit violent crimes. That includes murder, and usually women favor poison or something more indirect than men. Women and men are different, and if you're vying for gender equality, I think "women can be violent murders too, if they want!" is a bad approach. How our brains are wired, I just can't picture a woman, attractive and dainty enough to be beloved by male audiences, to be mowing down police. It's like Juliet from Lolly Pop Chainsaw, seeing as how those are the types of women who usually make it into GTA games. It's just not credible.

All just my opinion, of course.

• Like 2
Untitled-2.gif

Drunken Cowboy

id like to see an 'a-team' type of group of protags, (so 4) one of which being female

I'm still waiting for an A-Team video game...

Untitled-2.gif