GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Will Ps3/Xbox360 be shafted out of certain content this fall?

Party-Lika-Rockstar*

Party-Lika-Rockstar*

or do you think the pc/ps4/xboxone versions will all have the same content/updates as the older consoles? i just cant see them having 2 different versions of the game on different consoles

Edited by Party-Lika-Rockstar*

E•MO•TION

... but I can see them forgetting about one set of consoles for the other. :O

L8m1zfV.png

If they're supporting migration like they claim, they'll have to.

Edited by Kushology

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

If so I'm going to shaft someone's wife

Can you shaft my wife? she keeps going on about how I don't want to do it with her anymore etc etc so annoying.

j/k I'm not married thank god.

Obviously the PS4/Xbone/PC will get all the Updates that currently exist on the PS3/360.

The better question is how long will the PS3/360 receive newer content before R* gives up...unless they have just pre-prepared most DLC content and will only need to issue Patches for each console.

At the end of the day, given we are basically making R* more money for limited work by purchasing the game again (I am sure I will eventually) I would expect Updates all around.

Heists - they have to as they've already told customers it's coming.

Beyond that, it's optional - however DLC would be motivation for cash card purchases and if the majority of their player base is on X360/PS3 - then denying them content would not be ideal.

Edit: but in saying that, they'll need more than 'prettier graphics' to attract people to buy the game AGAIN - so perhaps they will.

Edited by SpidersWeb

Depending on memory limitations, since 12gb users are getting the shaft , there may be exclusive content, but I doubt they would completely abandon ps3/ Xbox versions. At least not in the near future, there hasn't been a greatest hits release yet.

Why antagonize a large part of there gamer base. No new content on ps3 = less shark card sales, it may be limited content but it will still be additions.

As the price drops on ps3 / Xbox that means more users will purchase these consoles promoting even higher sales it would be financially unsound too ignore said customer base.

I know that we can transfer too ps4/Xbox one but can we go back? Say with our friends that don't have new systems. Since its a cloud save hopefully we can.

I'll be really annoyed if passenger jets/cargoplane gets added to next gen versions, along with the airport service ground vehicles, but shun adding them to current versions. The PS3/360 can clearly handle them being added judging by the hacked/modded deathmatches a few months back and youtube videos. I also hate how the stairs and containers on 5/Online airport are mostly rooted to the ground while on 4 you can knock 'em about.

Would be a dumb move on their part to not support both consoles, whether it's the same content or not.

Players from the old-generation would feel robbed.

948185.png

NOPE

The "next gen" sales will never reach the "current gen" because there aren't enough consoles in existence and there won't be before the game dies off...

Not everyone is going to re-buy the game and some people have a PS4 & XBox One and would only buy for one of them...as it stands, if a copy sells for every PS4/One that was sold, it will only total 13 million copies vs. the 33 million copies to date for PS4/One

164 million units sold for PS3/360 = 33 million copies of GTA V sold

13-14 million units sold for PS4/One would equal an AT BEST 2.8 million copies of "next gen" GTA V (Not to mention that many people wait a few years to buy a new console, especially due to things like the RRoD) with no huge increase in sight...even if the sales numbers doubled, it's still insignificant when compared to PS3/360 sales...

...so obviously the PS3/360 versions will remain supported because they will provide the most players and money to Rockstar

Edited by CrazyRay
  • Like 1

I am avoiding jumping to the next gen until the new year. I have to pay for a trip to the Dominican Republic for a wedding in December so I don't have the $$$ for a shiny new ps4

well, logically, the last gen consoles is what keeps gta online alive. if rockstar just abandons them, then they are losing a LOT of money. so logically, rockstar would give both gens the same dlcs.

OP, you mean besides the content we were shafted out of in fall of 2013? :p

OP, you mean besides the content we were shafted out of in fall of 2013? :p

Come on now, they released a statement today:

"We're very sorry for the delay"

With how they have been delaying the most anticipated content for the game (heists), I'm betting on next gen getting the good stuff and old gen getting shafted hard.