Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,577 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

blakeney

Gta:o will be unplayable on 12gb ps3 from 1.17!

blakeney

Copy and pasted from Videogamer.com

12GB PlayStation 3 owners soon won't be able to access GTA Online or play GTA 5's Story mode while connected to PSN unless they upgrade their console's storage, Rockstar has warned.

In an update on the developer's support site, Rockstar explained that "as the world of Grand Theft Auto Online continues to expand and evolve through ongoing updates, storage limitations of the PlayStation 3 12GB hardware will require owners to purchase additional storage to accommodate GTAV Title Updates after 1.16 (released on 8/19/14).

"All updates and content must remain installed on the system in order to maintain compatibility for all players within GTA Online."

It continued: "If not enough space is available on the system, hardware limitations will prevent players from accessing GTA Online."

Story mode will be affected by the ongoing updates, too, although 12GB PS3 owners who choose not to upgrade their storage can continue to play the game offline by ignoring future patches.

"GTAV Story Mode will still be accessible by playing the game without being connected to PlayStation Network, and proceeding without additional updates," Rockstar added.

GTA Online's latest title update arrived last Tuesday alongside the San Andreas Flight School, a area that introduces new flying lessons, two new planes and a new helicopter. (THIS BIT MADE ME LOL... STUPID GAMES JOURNALISTS' THAT DONT ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES)

Source: support.rockstargames.com

Ermac

something something heists?

I don't even know what GB size my PS3 is lmfao *shrug* Guess it's time for a PS4.

Edited by Ermac.

Cracka.Brew

Good thing I put a 500GB HDD into my 20GB PHAT PS3....

V HoneyBadger V

So basically, for PS3 12GB owners, (I am NOT one of them, Xbox 360/One Master Race), whoever bought one must be feeling pretty stupid for being cheap.

AboveAndBeyoncé

Well that's just too bad for 12gb ps3 players

blakeney

l2r?? Its just because the size of gtas game files will exceed 12gb (or what ever max on a 12gb ps3 is) from now/since 1.16, cba to check but in guessing its not far off that anyway.

If your suggesting it could point towards proof of hiests, then i guess it could, didn't even think of that.

I you just presumed thiswas a hiests coming on 1.17 post... Stop being a hipster sheep and read lol.

Nacho Z

I've got a 40GB and I always thought that was the lowest, had no idea 12GB existed.

Cracka.Brew

So basically, for PS3 12GB owners, (I am NOT one of them, Xbox 360/One Master Race), whoever bought one must be feeling pretty stupid for being cheap.

I got my GF a 12 GB PS3 for X-MAS, and we could barely install anything on it. So she got a 500GB HDD as well.

Clueless Muffin

Not be a dick, but I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 used to come with only 4 GB, making you "master race" statement irrelevant.

On a side note, can't believe 12 GB was actually a standard back then.

blakeney

Pretty much lol!

Except they can atleast get a 120gb hdd from any computer store for the cost of an xbox pad battery pack lol.... Swings and round abouts "last gen"... Hands down xfail current gen though trolol

AboveAndBeyoncé

Who in their right mind would purchase a console with only 12 GB of storage? :whuh:

This...

n0tj0sh33

Who in their right mind would purchase a console with only 12 GB of storage? :whuh:

lol this! most phones have more than 12gb these days don't they?

V HoneyBadger V

I got my GF a 12 GB PS3 for X-MAS, and we could barely install anything on it. So she got a 500GB HDD as well.

That's like buying someone a car that doesn't come with an engine.

blakeney

Not be a dick, but I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 used to come with only 4 GB, making you "master race" statement irrelevant.

I might be wrong but 12gb ones are infact one of the latest lol!! The super duper slim or w/e they call it

GroundZero

What's their source again? Can't seem to find anything on R* Support...

CatchMeTrolling

Don't you get smart with the master race you peasant

Delta India Echo

250gb ps3 masterrace.

lmao peasants

Edited by Delta India Echo

Cripto136

12gb? That seems very impractical for gaming.

Edit: Can't you just switch out the hardrive?

Edited by Cripto136

Ermac

l2r?? Its just because the size of gtas game files will exceed 12gb (or what ever max on a 12gb ps3 is) from now/since 1.16, cba to check but in guessing its not far off that anyway.

If your suggesting it could point towards proof of hiests, then i guess it could, didn't even think of that.

I you just presumed thiswas a hiests coming on 1.17 post... Stop being a hipster sheep and read lol.

...what?

serpentoflight

lol this! most phones have more than 12gb these days don't they?

This bitch even has 30 GB

OldPhone_L1.jpg

CarimboHanky

i didnt even know there was a 12gb ps3 hahaha

anyway, those cheap people that bought such console can easily upgrade their hdd.

#320GBPS3MasterRace

Edited by CarimboHanky

Breaking Bad

Me unfortunately. It's called trying to save money, lol. I woulda' bought a second hand one with more memory, but I like things new lol. 'bout time I upgrade, watch them pump out an amazing update next and I still haven't sorted it.

V HoneyBadger V

That was for families with Kinect, not actual gamers. And that was only with the matte finish 360 Slim.

Also, the Master Race statement is not irrelevant, because XBox IS the Master Race console.

Better games, better service, better everything. Praise MS.

blakeney

...what?

You seem to be the only person that doesn't understand it, if you don't have a 12gb ps3, dont worry this doesn't concern you, cba to simplify it.

Kaiju Blue

Well... tough!

I'm sure there's ways to expand the storage if you're even remotely savvy, anyway. Which I'm not. Luckily, mine isn't 12gb. That's just sad.

blakeney

What's their source again? Can't seem to find anything on R* Support...

rockstargames.com (main page not support, although i cant see how the support one isn't warning ppl, saving themselves work down the line... But it is R*...

iProGam3r

Lol 500gb hard drive on my 360 for dayz

blakeney

Lol 500gb hard drive on my 360 for dayz

yeah most ps3 owners have 500gb minimum, seeing as we use actual hdds, not Lego addons... I have 500gb, just saw this and thought id post it as no one else had.

get over yourself and your 500gb Lego clip on lol....