Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,242 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Budweiser Addict

Why have we never seen Neo-Nazi gangs in GTA?

Budweiser Addict

It's something that crossed my mind the other day, and it seems odd that we've never seen any Neo-Nazi gangs in GTA before. Granted we've got the Angles of Death, but they're more white supremacist than a full on Neo-Nazi gang.

It seems almost trivial sure, but the Aryan Brotherhood and (to a lesser extent) the Nazi Lowriders represent a pretty iconic peice of the American criminal underworld.

I can't really imagine it would be down to R* not wanting to cause controversy over doing jobs for these types of criminals considering organisations don't actually go out of their way to beat up and murder minorities anymore, hell they're willing to even side with Hispanic/African American, etc gangs if it means a bigger profit.

Don't get me confused, I'm not after a GTA where we're tasked with going out and killing ethnic minorities for the sake of it, it just seems odd that Rockstar seems to omit these types of gangs in GTA.

Special Members

They should have had a gang of skinheads in Sandy Shores.

Tyla

They should have had a gang of skinheads in Sandy Shores.

This, pretty much. With the proximity of Blaine County to Bollingbroke Prison the area should've had at least a small Neo-Nazi presence.

It surprises me they haven't featured as yet even as antagonists or a story device.

PowerKracker

But we have, to an extent. White Stallionz in VCS.

It's because Neo-Nazi violence isn't a thing. It's mostly relegated to prison gangs.
o5dik2.jpg

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

The Mysterious One

The only game closest to GTA that we have had skinheads was "Manhunt," but then we had some even crazier gangs involved like The Smileys and The Innocentz.

Drunken Cowboy

I think GTA gets a bad enough reputation in the media without throwing racial violence into the mix.

MyDog

I think GTA gets a bad enough reputation in the media without throwing racial violence into the mix.

This.

J-B

There is an international stigma to swastikas, especially ones directly associated with Nazis. GTA risks getting banned/censored as it is, why risk it more ?

universetwisters

We haven't had a Neo-Nazi gang because it would offend the Neo-Nazis.

Blingy

We haven't had a Neo-Nazi gang because it would offend the Neo-Nazis.

Good,_good.gif

Good....Good....

Frank.s

This.

iwq9Byxr4tPAN.jpg

k

Rerxelend

There were The Skinz in Manhunt but that was a game about real scum. GTA, especially the latest iteration, is much lighter in tone.

lol232

Because it would be racist. If we had a Pro-New Black Panther gangs it wouldn't be racist.

Slevin77

Grove and Ballers represent LA gangs. But Bloods and Crips aren't the only ones in LA, we have many gangs around here. There's Black P Stones, Black Gorillas, Grape Street and Piru. Most people consider Grape to be crips and Piru to be Bloods but they are their own sets. They may wear the same color but they take orders from different people.

History: Crips originally came from the Black Panther civil rights groups. When Cops started beating and killing black people for no reason Black Panthers broke off into different groups and provided protection to their communities. This is what we call lock down, you and your neighborhood all band together to keep the threat away and keep your block safe. They called themselves the Crips, why? There's rumors but no for sure reason. They had BBQs, raised money for churches, walked teenagers home from school and even started their own police force. This is when they started getting guns. After a change in leaders the Crips lost their organization and became more of the gang we know today, Bloods were formed around this time mainly for the same reason but on top of the cops they had to worry about Latino gangs. Somehow what started off as a personal beef between two set leaders grew to be one of the single most bloodiest gang war of all time.

These gangs started off for good reasons, did good for their communities... hell even people like me not in with them give respect to the OGs who are still around because if you live near them they're your neighborhood watch and they'll get your back simply for being their neighbor. And the respect wasn't earned through fear or power it was earned because they were a group of people trying to do some good for their community.

The skinheads were founded out of the pure hatred of people with different skin color and have done nothing but kill innocent people for nothing more than ignorant racism. They do not deserve to be in a GTA game. They do not deserve for people to even know who they are. I respect GTA's choice to leave them out. Oh and it might have something to do with Rockstar high ladder employees being Irish. Irish people hate the skinheads and Aryan Brotherhood for using their symbol of the Celtic Cross and the Shamrock to spread racism when those symbols represent a country that never had slaves. Ireland was actually the victim of slavery during The War of the Three Kingdoms when the army in the British Isles (pre-Ireland) lost 50,000 of them were sold as slaves to the West Indies. So the Irish do not support racism. They give those symbols a bad image.

(Sorry for the wall of text, only subject I actually know something about lol)

Edited by Slevin77

matajuegos01

It should have those kinds of gangs, not because it would be "edgier" but because it would portray the society we live in, regardless of how ugly it is.

Edited by matajuegos01

Kafonix

It would make more sense if there was a GTA in Germany or Italy. Also, I think nazis would not fit into the GTA universe. There is a difference between pathetic scum (nazis) and 'serious' gangsters you can identify with (Niko Bellic).

Edited by Wavesittich

universetwisters

It would make more sense if there was a GTA in Germany or Italy. Also, I think these nazis would not fit into the criminal world of GTA. There is a differece of disgusting, pathetic scum (nazis) and 'serious' gangsters you can identify with (Niko Bellic).

You could have a Neo Nazi biker gang.

a20characterusername

It should have those kinds of gangs, not because it would be "edgier" but because it would portray the society we live in, regardless of how ugly it is.

But it wouldn't be portraying the society we live in, becuase it's not as if neo-nazi gangs are roaming the streets of LA or any other major city, execpt for maybe Portland, Oregon. Most white power gangs are connected more to the penal system than anything else, at least these days.

Edited by gtarelatedusername2

I cucked Alex Jones

You forgot that gay neo-Nazi biker gang from VCS.

Now here's a good question. Why can't we have another gay neo-Nazi biker gang? Maybe Johnny could become a gay neo-Nazi.

Frantz Fuchs

I guess too much controversy, but that would be a good addition.

Jerome

because those stupid sensationalist medias would bash rockstar games until they drown in lawsuits, these a**holes couldn't resist to the occasion to bash R* saying they are neo-nazis and promoting jew hate :miranda:

Edited by jayjay35

Drunken Cowboy

This.

iwq9Byxr4tPAN.jpg

k

The Ballas, Families, and Vagos kill each other because of the color of their shirts, not the color of their skin, so it's okay.

TheFunkyBunch

Being A Huge Fan of the Movie American History X I think it would be Pretty Awesome if they did Appear in a Future Title .

and Anyway R* Use a fair Amount Of racism in their Scripts Anyway spic Nigga Everything was In IV which i liked because it made the Script feel more Real And Gritty.

Edited by TheFunkyBunch

RocknRumble

This.

iwq9Byxr4tPAN.jpg

k

I spat out my damn soda...

make total destroy

The skinheads were founded out of the pure hatred of people with different skin color and have done nothing but kill innocent people for nothing more than ignorant racism.

Skinhead isn't a gang, it's a subculture. Most skinheads aren't Nazis, either.

ObsydianRaven

There were The Skinz in Manhunt but that was a game about real scum. GTA, especially the latest iteration, is much lighter in tone.

I actually wished GTA would show the scum of the criminal underworld because let's be honest, there's more to crime than just drugs and gangs.

This.

iwq9Byxr4tPAN.jpg

k

I think they're just beating the crap out of each other because they all got pissed over the middle guy with the yellow bandanna's poor sense of fashion.

im_stoned

Because it would be racist. If we had a Pro-New Black Panther gangs it wouldn't be racist.

Exactly

Edited by im_stoned

make total destroy

Exactly white males are public enemy number one,

If you live in an alternate reality, yeah.

The Mysterious One

Though this was done by a totally different company altogether, and Rockstar only PUBLISHED this game, "State of Emergency" actually had skinheads in that game. Even I thought that was a little weird.

make total destroy

GTA IV had skinheads as well.

Gta4skinhead.jpg

Not to mention a number of bands on LCHC are/were skinheads: Sheer Terror, Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law, Cro-Mags, Maximum Penalty.