GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Modders, freezing, god-mode, dumb features... all in 1.16

MayoChiki

Let's be realistic. The bugs in this game are not going to make me quit playing any time soon, but some of you act as if this game runs flawlessly.

Right.......

The biggest problem I've found is the game handles connection issues extremely badly.

As it is now, my game does run 99.9% flawless. I did get stuck *once* on Launching Session this week, but otherwise I haven't been stuck, left waiting, or had a network error. Disabled uPnP, manually port forwarded to the router, whatever weird sh*t was going on is gone now - but it was horrifically bad before this.

Does need serious looking at (not saying it doesn't) but I don't get the feeling the majority of people are having bugs as bad as I did and you describe - otherwise there would be a lot more bitching!

Pretty much me here. My game runs 80-90% perfect. The only problems I get is the sh*tty PSN and the timing out issues. Other than that, I have 0 problems.

thats the problem with the internet, it gives you wrong impressions of things. GTA doesnt get worse with each update. its not unplayable. its not broken.

but nobody puts is well working game down to make a thread about how perfectly flawless he is gaming. and the 1-5% whos console or disc or internet or brain is not working properly are instantly creating threads about it.

and that gives a totally wrong impression.

I can play every other game well. Lag is the last of my problems, freezing too. If GTA Online is the only one with this problem, maybe it's the one having errors, don't you think, Sherlock? See what you typed, the only impression I have is that you're just a brainless fanboy who can only stuck their fists up your ass. Thousands are having the same problem... you don't know how stupid you looked.

I don't have any problems other than timing out issues.

Am I a fanboy too?

Arrows to Athens

This game looks like ps2 now. Textures don't load up and game freezes in patterns when I drive. It lags me behind and costs me 1st position in races. constantly getting timed out and connection lost due to unknown network error.

I haven't noticed any issues at all ever since I did a full reset of my PS3 system (around patch 1.12 or before).

Not saying that the issues don't exist, because they do, but if you know how to backup your saved game files I suggest a full reset because it can make a difference.

Textures load fine for me. Well, they could be better but it's not as bad as it was before the reset.

GTA doesnt get worse with each update. its not unplayable. its not broken.

im 100% sure that only a person that got the game within the last month would believe something like that.

anyone that have been playing the game for months know that the game is broken, the game is unplayable for some people and the game DO get worse with every update.

This. I created my character on October 3rd, 2013. Been playing GTAO since the start, and it's gotten worse from my expierence.

TheGoodSgtScooter

Delete the game data and reinstall it.

That usually fixes the freezing on Ps3.

As for the connection issues, R* needs to fix it.

You can't really ban modders, they just change the console id and they're back in town.

They should have a bi - monthly patch the slow down the mod menus at least a bit, but Sony/Msoft apparently don't like two updates in the same month.

That said, I have very few issues with freezing, and have had less time outs since 1.15.

im 100% sure that only a person that got the game within the last month would believe something like that.

anyone that have been playing the game for months know that the game is broken, the game is unplayable for some people and the game DO get worse with every update.

This. I created my character on October 3rd, 2013. Been playing GTAO since the start, and it's gotten worse from my expierence.

Same here. Started on October 10th and I've seen matchmaking get worse, glitching get out of control, "modders" gone rampant, connection errors become more numerous, and with the latest patches, becoming stuck in the "sky cam" loading screen. Whoever's running Online at R* is doing a piss poor job at maintaining the game...

Same for me, it has stedaly been getting worse and it's slowly becoming unplayable (crashing twice an hour)

All the response I can get from R* is it's your connection which is total bullsh*t as my bro is a broadband fitter and has checked it a few times.

The silence is deafening from them regarding these issues.

I don't get it. I haven't had a sudden disconnected in a long time now and my console only freezes like never.

fGvIGuc.png

FINALLY. Took me how many months to see a damn UFO in the game? Saw it last night....DURING ONE OF MY OWN CREATED RACES, in a Public Lobby. I am not sure if the scrub racing my buddy and I was the one modding or not. The bitch of it is the screen doesn't render it until you are half way through driving through it, so you get stuck and lose.

What a crock of horse balls.

I still play everyday. Pretty egomaniacal to think a game played by millions can be shut down because you are bored.

What the hell does that mean? What thread did you read?

exactly, thousands! thats a few percent. dont think you're smart. thanks

The problem with idiots like you is that don't want to answer an argument, you just see a little mistake in a sentence and that's your full answer. No, they're not thousands, they're hundreds of thousands, actually, I'm pretty sure there are millions with the same problems, and that's a common problem. Minority are the ones saying they can play alright. I was able to play alright, since a few patches the game is becoming unsteady.

Yeah, never said I'm smart, I just said you're an idiot. Different things.

Am I a fanboy too?

Read the post I quoted again and you'll have the answer (spoiler: no, I'm not saying YOU are a fanboy).

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

I have to agree with the connection problems. Up until a few months ago my connection was always great, now I keep losing connection and going back to single player. I know it's not a problem with my internet as I recently just upgraded and it doesn't happen with any other game. When I first launch the game up, I always hit A to take me straight to online and it takes forever to load, then it just kicks me back to SP. Then when I load online from there it always lets me in straight away. I always seem to lose connection when I'm coming back from a mission too, I can't actually re-call the last time I lost connection during a mission or free roam, it's always in that loading screen.

GTA Online works fine for me.

I used to be like you, but now I can see all the things that are wrong in this game...

Whilst GTA Online might die, Cash Cards will never die. Long live the kash kerdz.

CmLup8S.png

CrysisAverted

This game is just plain f*cked, good thing GTA V Next Gen will be released soon, and hopefully with the new hardware the hacking will stop....for a while

GTA Online works fine for me.

I used to be like you, but now I can see all the things that are wrong in this game...

Seriously^^ Freezing is no problem, my gameplay also never became affected by a hacker or sth. so I do NOT HAVE any reason to complain or even bitch around (sry, but that had to be said). Also I have no connection problems.

But I really am a positive person :) BUT that does not affect my answer above^^

And if I ever come across a hacker, that trolls me or robs my weaponry etc. I just will change sessions, or play in invite only.

To hacking: Hacking will NEVER stop. There will always be ways for certain people to do certain things. NOTHING is perfect, my goodness! I just enjoy the game, instead of complaining about things that do not affect my personal life xD

Come on, call me "Fanboy" now, but that's only my opinion :)

Edited by RSRocks

I still play everyday. Pretty egomaniacal to think a game played by millions can be shut down because you are bored.

The problem with idiots like you is that don't want to answer an argument, you just see a little mistake in a sentence and that's your full answer. No, they're not thousands, they're hundreds of thousands, actually, I'm pretty sure there are millions with the same problems, and that's a common problem. Minority are the ones saying they can play alright. I was able to play alright, since a few patches the game is becoming unsteady.

Am I a fanboy too?

Read the post I quoted again and you'll have the answer (spoiler: no, I'm not saying YOU are a fanboy).

You said you quit playing and then asked if GTAO is dead. It's alive and thriving. Edited by ugotsmoked
bane.jpg

Am I a fanboy too?

i will not go down to your level. i don't care if you insult me, or if you think i am an idiot. you never said you're smart and i am totally ok with that. i wont waste my time explaining the world to you.

Same for me, it has stedaly been getting worse and it's slowly becoming unplayable (crashing twice an hour)

All the response I can get from R* is it's your connection which is total bullsh*t as my bro is a broadband fitter and has checked it a few times.

The silence is deafening from them regarding these issues.

i also played from the beginning and for me the game became smoother. its not free of bugs, i has its issues. i even had a soundbug (of which i never read anything about it here) every now and than forcing me to restart the game, but i never opened a thread for it, or insulted people that didnt experience it.

I haven't gotten all out freezes in the past few updates, but now I'm getting lots of hangs. Not game breaking but certainly annoying.

Worse, I'm getting ridiculous amounts of texture pop-ins, and just general graphics pop-ins that remind me of the very worst of the PS2 generation games.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this happens in the first update to add new actual gameplay to GTA Online. I feel like they've been pushing the limits of the PS3/XB360 hardware ever since the game launched, which is what makes these bugs and glitches like whack-a-mole; there's only so much processing power to go around.

I'm really surprised when I hear some of my friends say they will continue to play on this gen, even when the next-gen versions are released. After this update, I'm not sure how this gen could even handle additional gameplay expansions.

The only bugs I have these days are the f*cking timeout problems and getting stuck at the cloud screens, i.e returning to FR after doing a mission, etc. Freezing? 0.00000000001 in 9999999999999 chance to freeze, Hell even around the freezing patch (1.13?) I didn't freeze as much. Timeout problems? I had them since 1.15.

• Like 1

The only bugs I have these days are the f*cking timeout problems and getting stuck at the cloud screens, i.e returning to FR after doing a mission, etc. Freezing? 0.00000000001 in 9999999999999 chance to freeze, Hell even around the freezing patch (1.13?) I didn't freeze as much. Timeout problems? I had them since 1.15.

Less my initial Freeze the first time Joining a Public Session, I have not again since Update 1.16...main Issue I am still having is continuously dropping from other players in both Freeroam and Jobs. Dropping from Jobs has only started happening to me after 1.16 and it is almost making the game unplayable unless I choose to do things in an Invite Only Session or Missions Solo...Hopefully it goes with Update 1.17 (I do not expect until 1st October or nearest Tuesday), in the same way the Freezing that R* blamed on us went with the I'm Not a Hipster Update for most effected.

grand theft spaghetti

the game started out broken. how many characters did you make before the cloud stopped eating them? the freezing will return. it always does. right now the problem is either everyone will "leave" the lobby at the same time or the game waits for the perfect moment to really piss me off with an unknown connection error. then you have the script kiddies, who aren't legally old enough to purchase the game, running around using mod menus to ruin the game for others.

the most annoying part is having rockstar blame us when the game screws up. you cant blame my ps3 when its brand new out of the box and the only thing on it is your latest update. then I had to go to the social club and unlink my account because it was causing me to be stuck on infinite loading screens. I guess that was my cache's fault too? the game might not be dead, but I hate playing in lobbies when I know everyone else is less than 16 years old.

Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch