2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Buzzard or Swift

kokakolakohei

kokakolakohei

Which one should I buy? I heard that the buzzard is really useful in missions but I also want a helicopter with class. I only have enough money to buy one of them so which one should I choose. Also what is the difference bewteen the 1.5 mil swift and the 1.6 mil swift other than the colour?

If you want to just farm missions, Buzzard will pay for itself many times over and make things much easier.

If you want class, get the classic Swift. The doors slide open/closed, the wheels can be deployed, and it comes in black. Such class, much wow.

Or don't be a peasant. Buy both of em and you can be just like me.

• Like 3

d1g1t4lp3n3tr8r

Steal (glitch) the Swift, and buy the Buzzard Attack.

The buzzard will become your best friend.
The Swift will be a rich bastard that makes you pay for wine.

*edit*
A Maned Wolf's signature is really distracting. I've been looking at those two ferrets tongue one another for the past 2 minutes. That gif is 5 seconds long.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 7

Buzzard is an investment.

Swift is for fun.

This right here. The Buzzard and Tank are tools of the trade that are good to have for 'just in case' moments. Anything else is if for either when you:

A. Don't give a damn what you buy

or

B. You have money to burn and it's no skin off your back to buy the Swift.

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

buzzard, its an investment that pay itself when used in missions!

Buzzard is by far the best Helicopter still; Guns and Missiles notwithstanding.

Apparently you can glitch the Swift for Free, read it as an Update in SeaWall's Thread.

Edited by Relative007

Buzzard was probably more of an investment pre-1.16 - speed-running missions with it makes less cash nowadays, so it's not as good a return (unless you're more concerned with ease of mission completion).

Way I see it, Swift offers speed and better protection for people inside, while the Buzzard is smaller and armed - both approaches with their own merits. For example, a faster chopper with a less exposed interior can outrun enemy choppers or ground fire better, while the Buzzard can land in tighter gaps and fight back, but with the risk of you getting shot out if you're not careful.

Me, I got a Buzzard for my first character back in the day, but I'm probably going to get the Swift for character 2 instead, just to mix up my gameplay styles for them both.

Buzzard, I keep meaning to get one too.. I got all the way up to 1.4mil, then spent it on something else (car mods), so now have 600k haha.

Buzzard would be better because:

1) Some guy shooting at you? You can shoot back

2) Got a military aircraft after you? turn around, shoot him quick (and be very quick about your movement and see him before he sees you).

3) You can get from A to B knowing you can defend your self

4) You can use in missions

5) You can troll people with it

Swift is cool if all you want is to fly from A to B unarmed.

• Like 1

A Maned Wolf

Buzzard was probably more of an investment pre-1.16 - speed-running missions with it makes less cash nowadays, so it's not as good a return (unless you're more concerned with ease of mission completion).

Way I see it, Swift offers speed and better protection for people inside, while the Buzzard is smaller and armed - both approaches with their own merits. For example, a faster chopper with a less exposed interior can outrun enemy choppers or ground fire better, while the Buzzard can land in tighter gaps and fight back, but with the risk of you getting shot out if you're not careful.

Me, I got a Buzzard for my first character back in the day, but I'm probably going to get the Swift for character 2 instead, just to mix up my gameplay styles for them both.

Same thing I did.

Buzzard for both characters, Swift for alt.

Swift has a glitch were it's free at the moment.. makes it an easy choice.

However, Buzzard WAS awesome for mission until the great mission nerf of 1.16. Now you want to slow up a bit. So no more buzzzards in missions. I've converted mine into a freeroam killing machine.

Swift is VERY fast, again.. bad for missions because you get there too fast lol. If you were going to pay full price you still buy the buzzard because it's way better to fly, heaps more agile and just better. But the swift is worth having when it's free.

Swift has a glitch were it's free at the moment.. makes it an easy choice.

However, Buzzard WAS awesome for mission until the great mission nerf of 1.16. Now you want to slow up a bit. So no more buzzzards in missions. I've converted mine into a freeroam killing machine.

Swift is VERY fast, again.. bad for missions because you get there too fast lol. If you were going to pay full price you still buy the buzzard because it's way better to fly, heaps more agile and just better. But the swift is worth having when it's free.

I disagree about the handling of the Swift vs Buzzard. While both are very fast helicopters, handling is different entirely. The Buzzard, being a combat chopper, is typically used at slower speeds for target aquisition, rendering it very capable if high agility. The Swift, on the other hand, is just the opposite. Being incredibly fast, the Swift can be considered a "getaway" chopper. Unlike most choppers, when holding the "Ascend" button and pushing forward to accelerate, the Swift doesn't descend anywhere near as fast as the other default helicopters when doing the same movements, making it ideal for high speeds. And at these high speeds, a skilled pilot can easily maneuver through tight spaces and corners, allowing to move very, uh, swiftly, through the tight city-scape or plethora of mountain ranges.

TL;DR - Each helicopter has it's own special areas of interest which prevents a truly direct comparison between the two as to which is better.

Edited by CoolStoryBroseph
  • Like 3

Nothing says 'class' like unlimited rockets, in both 'homing' and 'non-homing' mode. Only thing the swift has going for it is looks. Buzzard is faster (IMO- i haven't seen any speed trials yet), more agile, holds just as many people, and is weaponized. No brainer. You want class, get a Super Diamond for your PV

Edited by rickreim

Nothing says 'class' like unlimited rockets, in both 'homing' and 'non-homing' mode. Only thing the swift has going for it is looks. Buzzard is faster (IMO- i haven't seen any speed trials yet), more agile, holds just as many people, and is weaponized. No brainer. You want class, get a Super Diamond for your PV

The swift is waaaay faster than a buzzard man, I was flying around with my friend last night. I already saw "lap" times showing it was faster but when you see it for yourself when flying them together it amazing just how much faster the Swift is. I bet not many of the planes are faster than it.

if you have 1.5 mil buy the flying bravo it will say u wont have enough but you will still get it than buy the buzzard

Buzzard is an investment.

Swift is for fun.

couldn't have said it any better myself.

Black Terminator

Buzzard for amazing profit ownage.

Swift for your own entertainment purposes.

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

I have buzzard, both swifts, and annihilator.

swift is fun/fast/cool/doesn't spawn in free mode so people know you bought it.

buzzard is the best vehicle in the game.

annihilator carries 6 people...

On a practical level, they are on par with each other except for one thing: the Buzzard is armed, the Swift is not.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no question that the Buzzard is the practical choice. Swift is pure indulgence.

dont listen to these people in troll mode !!! ... get the swift attack copper - flying bravo * version... u will thank me in the long run

dont listen to these people in troll mode !!! ... get the swift attack copper - flying bravo * version... u will thank me in the long run

Solid argument. 5 stars review for this guy.

• Like 3

The Angel King

Sorry, but OP sounds like he is attempting to troll.... helicopter with guns and rockets....real classy. If not trolling, stupid question. No rudeness intended, but ffs use your brain.

Note: Wasn't going to respond, but I already wasted the time reading this stupid @ss question in a pointless thread.