2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Do you grief AFK'ers?

Xeloj

I hosted Rooftop Rumble and 2 really low level guys joined (a level 14, and a level 9, they seemed like friends). Then a level 130 jumps in at the last second right before I launch the mission.

Me and the 2 low levels go directly to the parking lot. Get into a good fire fight, these lower level guys are doing pretty good. We manage to kill the entire garage and professionals.

Something strikes me as funny, seems like this should have been a bit easier... I look around, and the level 130 guy is literally still at the mission start point down the street. This douche bag hasn't even moved and is letting us carry the load. So the lower level guys are chasing down the document car, and I take my Sentinel XS and drive as fast as I can towards the AFK guy and managed to flatten him out. One for my KD ratio. He respawns a little bit down the road, and by now he's caught onto me trying to murder his ass. He jumps out of the way and tries to sticky bomb me (of course I'm invincible since we're team mates). Then I back over him and just leave my car on top of him until he expires again.

He sends me a nasty voice message basically saying, "Gotta troll missions to raise your KD ratio huh fa****?!"

I'm the troll? This guy is joining random missions to get free RP and cash by just going AFK at the beginning of missions. What a tool bag.

• Like 2

OP you seem a bit butthurt about the message he sent you, just move on, there are plenty of people who join missions and go afk just to grab some easy cash and RP

You did good by killing him and raising that K/D of yours ( even though it doesn't matter at all in this game ) but it's time to move on

If your the host just kick him as there is no point wasting lives and the chance of the mission failing.

• Like 2

OP you seem a bit butthurt about the message he sent you, just move on, there are plenty of people who join missions and go afk just to grab some easy cash and RP

You did good by killing him and raising that K/D of yours ( even though it doesn't matter at all in this game ) but it's time to move on

I'm not butt hurt by the voice message, I'm butt hurt that there are people who try to do that. Why even play the game if you're going to AFK a mission?

Darth_Zannah

Just kick them before you finish the mission.

Never been successful on kicking anyone from missions. The others never vote. People still do Rooftop huh?

If your the host just kick him as there is no point wasting lives and the chance of the mission failing.

True. I let my anger get the best of me.

Does this still work or do you need more than just the vote of the host? I tried to kick some ass the other day but he didnt get kicked so i just ran him over.

Edited by stangone50

Yeah I've been told "people are voting to kick you" before, but have never actually been kicked. I don't think the system works unless people all vote.

NikkoCharger

No its more fun to grief low levels by shooting out their tires. If a person goes afk in a mission then I just ask everyone to kick them.

Elder Maxson

Yeah I've been told "people are voting to kick you" before, but ave never actually been kicked. I don't think the system works unless people all vote.

This. I think that the vote kick system should be like GTA 4 where everyone sees the notification, and would prompt others to do so.

However, it should be anonymous, so the person who is being kicked doesn't do a revenge troll act.

Just kill him THEN kick him. This way you get your k/d up and he isn't getting anything.

Yeah, me too. Be it a crew member or not unless I was helping a friend/low level\er and don't want to put him/them in the stress.

Yeah I've been told "people are voting to kick you" before, but have never actually been kicked. I don't think the system works unless people all vote.

It's a majority vote. If 4 players in, and 2 players vote... next thing is "xxx has left"

Does this still work or do you need more than just the vote of the host? I tried to kick some ass the other day but he didnt get kicked so i just ran him over.

Honestly don't know because when im host these days nobody is allowed to join it seems, I have to get a friend to host if more than hust me ;)

i can understand you wanting to kill the guy OP, but yeah with only a few people it would've been easy to message the others and ask them to vote to kick as well.

Stop playing RR, he is most likely just really tired of that mission.

well even though the guy might of been tired of playing RR, that does not mean it is OK or cool for people to just sit around doing nothing if they join a mission, unless it's friends only wanting free XP/cash or the person lets you know before hand so you can deal with it before the mission starts. if he really wanted to do missions, but not RR, then i would think he would've left and found something else. sounds more like what the OP is talking about and i for one can not stand mission freeloaders.

Stop playing RR, he is most likely just really tired of that mission.

Doubt it, he is probably just wanting a free handout while he watches tv or something and doesn't have to do anything. Personally, I never carry an afk'er in missions, i run them over as well and always wait until they leave the mission so they do not get paid.

While I usually hate when someone kills a teammate in missions,that guy deserved it,he was just freeloading,he wanted the money and RP,but he didn´t help out his teammates do the mission.

Edited by LeopardGecko

Do I grief someone who isn't playing the game and most likely just sitting on their computer browsing the "web" as the kids call it?

That would just be a waste of MY time.

Arrows to Athens

They will still get the $ and RP regardless. They are AFKing so them spectating is just giving them more of a reason to do it.

If you use the on call function you sometimes don't get a chance to leave the game until after it has started and that nets you some bad sport points. But to be honest its still pretty lame and what I do if i get thrown into a RR is just try to only use my musket or vintage pistol unless everyone else on the team dies.

What's afk?

What does it stand for, I dunno. But it refers to those lazy bums who don't do anything in missions and whatnot- just stand at the mission start area doing nothing but standing.

• Like 1