2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How do you know if you've mastered a car's performance?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

Sometimes, when I see threads about races, I see posts that say things along the lines of "So-and-so car is good once you've mastered its performance." But how do you know if you've mastered a car's performance?

DevilDaRebel
Giantsgiants, on 25 Aug 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Sometimes, when I see threads about races, I see posts that say things along the lines of "So-and-so car is good once you've mastered its performance." But how do you know if you've mastered a car's performance?

I know I've mastered my Elegy when I came in first in a contact race when I got rammed and PIT'd about 3 times to the last position and still manage to come on first with 5 people and with a great distance in front too.

And no, I did not exaggerate.

When you regularly beat/keep up with other competent drivers with the same car in races.

Plus you should be able to tell, by the time you get there you'd have enough experience to identify it.

Jolly Swagman

I dont know when you can tell when youve mastered a car but you can tell when someone else has mastered one - they are sure to make a thread telling you about it

• Like 3

gorskiegangsta

When you know exactly how the car behaves around different corners and across different terrains. When you don't crash or spin out and can easily weave in and out of traffic at high speeds. When you know exactly when/how to brake, ease off the throttle, handbrake/drift, or floor it through every corner AND you can do it consistently. Also, when you start winning more races than losing, in that particular car.

CarimboHanky

you would need wear your epsilon robes for 15 days before you can receive the true answer to that question...

CrysisAverted

When you can outrun a Zentorno with a Dubsta 6x6

When you can go around corners as fast as possible without spinning or crashing.

when you stop crashing into sh*t and losing control is usually a pretty good indicator.

• Like 2

Hector Tavares

When you manage to beat a bunch of Warreners, Glendales, and Stratums with...a rusty Emperor.

Dead serious.

I'd say when you can get consistent lap times that are within a second or two of typical lap times set by other racers.

Some cars will never be able to compete however, no matter how well you drive them.

• Like 1

lord tammerlain

In two main ways

Your lap times on a done cleanly is in the top say 50 000 for the track (assuming a few million plays) this can be applied for sports, motorcycles and super cars. So many modders have made the top times meaningless

Then when you can go cleanly around a track without wiping out, or crashing into a wall.

I would say very few people have mastered any cars in GTA racing, I have seen a few, who would hit the apex consistently lap after lap without making a mistake but ones that good are not common, that guy had over 2000 races to his name with 1300 of them being wins

Truth be told that you need to make your cars as ugly as possible to get the best performance... you're on the right path.

When you learn how the car handles and you're able to keep it under control enough not to slam into everything else. Every car handles differently, some has bad oversteer some have bad understeer good/bad braking systems.

When you can drive a car that's got slippery handling as well as you would a car that requires no skill such as the Zentorno.

When you know exactly how the car behaves around different corners and across different terrains. When you don't crash or spin out and can easily weave in and out of traffic at high speeds. When you know exactly when/how to brake, ease off the throttle, handbrake/drift, or floor it through every corner AND you can do it consistently. Also, when you start winning more races than losing, in that particular car.

^

when you can drive around free roam at full tilt, barreling around corners etc and after the hour there isn't a mark on your car, it's as new. Then you can decide your a master. After 2 hours last night with the Bullet(first time taking it our since bought 3 months ago.) I was it's master and it's a largely underrated demon on the roads.

When you can drive a faggio up Mnt Chilliad in rainy wheater.

Edit: sorry, we're talking about cars... Well then, try it with the Comet.

Edited by 7nvd

Top 50,000?, it's not even a begginer. My times on cutting corners over four and five laps are constantly in the top 50 in the world in the Turismo, Zentorno and Massacro and that's the most commonly used track. I have not have mastered the Elegy but at least over mastered those three. A lot of the times in the top 50 are bikes which you can never match in a car too.

Edited by elfoam

The Lonesome Drifter

When you can drive this without whining about its handling:

0_0.jpg

When you can drive this without whining about its handling:

0_0.jpg

Damn right ! It's the first car I bought in gta online and I won many races with it.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg