2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

We need a shark card sale

Jizzle2014

I think it would be in rockstars best interest to have a one week half off shark card sale, if they did then I would definitely buy one what about you guys?

Maya Echo Visari

No, don't buy them at all! Stop paying more money for a game you already paid money for! Microtransactions are the offspring of Satan, 'kay?

Besides, even if the shark cards were half off, how far can 8Mil get you in this game? It's still not worth it being cut to $49.99, that's the price of a new game, and possibly something more enertaining than 8 Million GTA dollars.

• Like 3

Gucci Flip Flops

I SHOULD NOT SEE THE F**CKING 8 MILLION DOLLAR SHARK CARD DECREASE TO 50 BUCKS!

I'm glad shark cards exist, otherwise you would have to pay real money for any dlcs and you would have to buy the entire pack instead of being able to buy specific parts of a dlc and how you have the option to grind for money. GTA 5 is the only game I have bought since it came out so I wouldn't mind buying a shark card for a dlc item that I want and also supporting R*

I'm glad shark cards exist, otherwise you would have to pay real money for any dlcs and you would have to buy the entire pack instead of being able to buy specific parts of a dlc and how you have the option to grind for money. GTA 5 is the only game I have bought since it came out so I wouldn't mind buying a shark card for a dlc item that I want and also supporting R*

Well good for you Mr. Goody-two-shoes know-it-all buzzkill. Now, if you're done being a [email protected], the rest of us are ready to riot against microtransactions in games like GTAO!

• Like 1

Benefactor69

I'll buy lots of Megaldon Shark cards when they have a 100% off sale. :)

• Like 4

"Riot against micro-transactions?"

With micro-transactions being the current most popular business model, they are what will keep developers alive. The publishers will demand/expect to see them ingame and if the developers don't deliver, they'll lose money and ultimately go under. Riot all you like, but all you'll do is hurt your favourite developers.

Be thankful none of the micro-transactions in GTA Online confer an unfair physical advantage to the player who purchases them. If you want to see what happens when micro-transactions really get out of hand, go look at what EA have done to Ultima Online. Shark Cards don't even begin to compare with how f*cked up that is.

• Like 1

I do agree. Glad they are there so I don't have to buy the DLCs. Basically, other people are subsidizing my game play. Thank you everyone that buys Shark Cards for helping me have fun content to buy with the money I earned just playing the game...a lot. I'm cool either way as long as they aren't glitching, modding or hacking. I hate those pieces of shart.

It only takes three days of missions to get a million dollars. And that's in three 3 hour sessions. So about 9 hours.

• Like 1

INFECTED VODKA

Don't like the idea of these cards full stop. They don't need them. Want money? PLAY THE GAME

Well good for you Mr. Goody-two-shoes know-it-all buzzkill. Now, if you're done being a [email protected], the rest of us are ready to riot against microtransactions in games like GTAO!

Calm down m8. You can't riot over something that over thousands of developers are using and expect any progress. You will look retarded.

Hoosierdaddy76

No, don't buy them at all! Stop paying more money for a game you already paid money for! Microtransactions are the offspring of Satan, 'kay?

Damn. This post reminded me so much of Bill Hicks.

I think it would be in rockstars best interest to have a one week half off shark card sale, if they did then I would definitely buy one what about you guys?

They were on sale for half price at Gamestop a couple weeks ago. They even advertised it on their website. Youtubers even made notice of it. I'm not trying to sound mean btw. :-(

• Like 1

They were on sale for half price at Gamestop a couple weeks ago. They even advertised it on their website. Youtubers even made notice of it. I'm not trying to sound mean btw. :-(

It isn't available in my country.

RavingWithJesus

a sale on shark cards? lol no unless they're free, screw that. why pay money for fake money? it's just like giving real money for monopoly money it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by ajdude1

Dlc? D L C ?? when i think of dlc i think about $10,$15,or $20 for significant new content like Fallout 3, New Vegas,Gta 4,ect. To date Gta 5 has received updates with more new stuff to purchase than new stuff to do.

Overall the economy in Gtao appears designed to maximize cash card sales with monthly new expensive items offered to continue card sales. Cash cards are a great option for those with limited time to play and or just want that new super car now.

My only issue with cash cards is price. $20 for $1,250,000 will buy and upgrade 1 Adder. To buy a tank and buzzard at a combined $3,250,000 a $50 card is needed. That is over pricing imo with $15 or $20 for $ 5,000,000 more reasonable.

Rockstar is smart and gambled that lower card prices would not increase sales to overall bring in equal or more money that higher priced cards would produce. That prices of cards have not been reduced indicates they gambled correctly.

Edited by jazzbone

Dlc? D L C ?? when i think of dlc i think about $10,$15,or $20 for significant new content like Fallout 3, New Vegas,Gta 4,ect. To date Gta 5 has received updates with more new stuff to purchase than new stuff to do.

Overall the economy in Gtao appears designed to maximize cash card sales with monthly new expensive items offered to continue card sales. Cash cards are a great option for those with limited time to play and or just want that new super car now.

My only issue with cash cards is price. $20 for $1,250,000 will buy and upgrade 1 Adder and to buy a tank and buzzard at a combined $3,250,000 a $50 card is needed. That is over pricing imo with $15 or $20 for $ 5,000,000 more reasonable.

Rockstar is smart and gambled that lower card prices would not increase sales to overall bring in equal or more money that higher priced cards would produce. That prices of cards have not been reduced indicates they gambled correctly.

Not really overpricing. The idea is that not everyone should have a tank, buzzard or uber-expensive supercar. Only those that either put the time in to earn it in-game or those that shortcut the system using cash cards will have them. The average player still would have plenty of stuff they could afford and still enjoy the game. With money glitches, the economy became broken and now it seems every player has access to a tank or the newest supercar. So, that's why all the new content has gotten even more expensive than the last. Nearly $700K for the Coquette Classic is ridiculous until you realize how badly broken the economy in-game has become.

For awhile they had half off Shark Cards at Gamrestop. I dunno if they still do. I'd never buy the meglodon shark card tho cuz its too expensive even half off.

The Khamelion

For awhile they had half off Shark Cards at Gamrestop. I dunno if they still do. I'd never buy the meglodon shark card tho cuz its too expensive even half off.

I have created three characters in GTA Online, all using slot one (I only ever have one character). On my first two characters I spent all my time grinding until 120, and in doing that I made enough money for everything I wanted. I did it twice. These two characters each had more or less 9 days logged for each. That's eighteen days of my life spent on a game, which seems bad to me anyway, so for my third and current character I've decided I want to spend my time having fun and messing around, but still want all that stuff I had before. Basically I've run out of steam for grinding. (I know I know, I should have just kept my second or even first 120 character for messing around, but whatever).

Since I've stopped grinding, the easiest way to get what I need is shark cards. I've already spent $50 on 3.5m to get what I want. I maxed myself at $50 though, as I refuse to spend more on in game things than I did for the game itself.

If they halved shark card prices, I would CERTAINLY spend another $50 for that 8m, because that is a far better deal than before and would be well worth it to me.

Prices r a joke for shark cards especially when the stuff.in game is expensive as hell. Either drastically lower the prices of the shark cards.or.the stuff in game

Not being judgemental or anything but I don't understand why anyone would buy one of these cards maybe if the prices were fair and reasonable but their not even that...... their a straight up rip off !

Now i'm the kinda guy who spends way to much money on junk food because it's so delicious and I can justify it as a way of rewarding myself, If you're buying a shark card with the same mentality and it makes the game more fun, all the power too you, that's great.

I just think you'd be better off stocking you're fridge with unhealthy crap you can eat over time, Buy a nice item of clothing, ect ect. Again no judgment but you can buy some pretty cool stuff for $50 I think it be would be wise spending it on something else but like I said I spend money on sugary sh*t so who am I too talk ? that's theoretically blowing money aswell and effecting my health......

Edited by im_stoned

I bought a card back when the game came out once I unlocked all mods- a Z type. I still love that thing and will never get rid of it. I only had a two car garage until rank 90 then I got a ten car and that was the first car I bought (I still only had my original gauntlet, slot two was for saving ballers to sell later)

Now i have lots of stuff from doing missions and having fun and just making money without realizing it, also from some RR grinds and Coveted. I would only buy a shark card now if something insanely epic came out like a Battleship or personal UFO because nothing they add from here is really gonna add much. Different looking things that already exist is all I see on the horizon. Focus is on next gen now.

I only need ammo from now on and that's not expensive.

• 1 month later...
xX_HailHydra_Xx

The truth, like all companies, it's about money. Rockstar is no exception. They just want your cold hard cash after you spent nearly 60 dollars the whole game. They overprice everything and make mission payouts low on purpose. Reason? So you'll buy shark cards and she'll out more money freely.

I might even need to refer to Michael bay. But I wont. In fact, look up Nostalgia Critics transformers 4 review and he will show you the full truth about real people like Bay who are similar to rockstar.

Just don't buy them. Absolute waste!

The-Murphy-Chap

2.50 = 500k

3.00 = 800k

5.00 = 2 million

7.50 = 5 million

10.00 = 10 Million

Agree?

HmMmM you must be psychic PlayStation store are doing buy 1 get 1 free

Maya Echo Visari

The truth, like all companies, it's about money. Rockstar is no exception. They just want your cold hard cash after you spent nearly 60 dollars the whole game. They overprice everything and make mission payouts low on purpose. Reason? So you'll buy shark cards and she'll out more money freely.

I might even need to refer to Michael bay. But I wont. In fact, look up Nostalgia Critics transformers 4 review and he will show you the full truth about real people like Bay who are similar to rockstar.

Just don't buy them. Absolute waste!

Heaven for you to resurrect this thread you must think microtransactions and/or Rockstar are as renownedly evil as baby rape. You've redefined my outlook on anger of marketing.

My theory is Rockstar was taken hostage by evil Midgit Mexican Wrestlers, a tactical unit imployed by EA to corrupt their principles and pride. Andrew Wilson will of course deny it, but the trail is there.

Edited by SevDoggX

2.50 = 500k

3.00 = 800k

5.00 = 2 million

7.50 = 5 million

10.00 = 10 Million

Agree?

No that's way too cheap nobody would have any reason to grind and nobody would buy a lot of shark cards because $10 they'd be set for a loonnnggg time

RavingWithJesus

2.50 = 500k

3.00 = 800k

5.00 = 2 million

7.50 = 5 million

10.00 = 10 Million

Agree?

No that's way too cheap nobody would have any reason to grind and nobody would buy a lot of shark cards because $10 they'd be set for a loonnnggg time

even if you could get 10 mil for $10, you'd be a complete idiot for buying one. like I said you might as well be trading real money for monopoly money.