GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Furthest sniper kill you seen or had?

SPKxLonewolf117

I got a hit marker on a plane at Mt. Chiliad(sp?) from Maze bank as well.

what about you guys?

Similar to that but not as far. I took off from Sandy Shores in a Luxor once and I was flying over Mt Gordo, all of a sudden I'm getting shot at. I had no idea where it was coming from because no one is ever over there. I checked the map and the nearest person to me was around the prison somewhere. I couldn't believe it. I would have thought I wouldn't even be rendered in from that distance. I did think someone might have used Lester to hide but even after a minute, that guy was still the nearest white dot.

While we are all talking s#!t...

I once sniped a guy from the top of Tinsel towers and he was in Vice city.

Seriously though I do enjoy sniping people when they dont even render on your screen. My favourite was probably when I picked up a chopper from the marina. As I was taking off someone come in guns blazing trying to shoot me down. I flew over to the building near the LSC behind the airport and proceeded to pick him off at the marina while he tried the invisible stair glitch. He respawned, grabbed a chopper and flew over to me only to be taken down with a mini gun a 2nd time. He then quit.

• Like 1

garyfromscotland

I was on top to the hanger at the airport which houses the Titan.

Looked on map and saw someone jumping over the gated entrance to the airport - took a random shot in their general direction and killed him/her - it was ridiculous as I couldn't even see the car in my scope.

Done it again vs a tank when it just came into view.

Then sniped someone out of a luxor at roughly the same distance - it was just 'one of those games' you have from time to time.

I shot this dude one time from one side of the map all the way to the other, but here is the good part, I was playing gta 4

Edited by Phorkz
  • Like 1

My only notable shot. Was from the roof of the shopping mall I watched and tracked a red dot hauling ass through town on the road with that tranny club and tinsel towers on it. He was heading from east to west and as he popped into view between the buildings in front of tinsel towers I popped him. He was moving pretty fast...it was a lucky shot for me. Could only see the car and aimed at the window.

I also had a fun time picking off invisible seashark riders doing some sort of clan gathering off shore at the beach.

LonerStoner97

I was camped at the top of the airport entrance,some noob drives to his hangar i shoot his car untill he reaches his hangar, fire one last hope shot and got him, best snipe kill ive done.

I shot a dude in Spain.

/thread

Simple, and so brilliant :lol:

Remaining on topic, I can't say what was by best sniper shot in detail, but usually is something like sniping a guy taking off from Vespucci helipad from Maze Tower, with a clever (and a bit lucky) use of the map to determine his position with a lot of accuracy, and the support of the brilliant directional microphone built in the sniper rifle to converge over the sound of the helicopter :lol:

At shorter distance, if at least PV renders, the patient hunter takes all the time necessary to aim at the exact spot where the head of driver will be in that little bunch of non-antialiased pixels, waiting to hear the door closing sound or the lights of vehicle.

Some other times, if the distance is too much to render anything, I just shot an entire clip in his generic direction (using the map for pinpointing and counting the blocks with the ocular), moving the reticule aruond, a litte here and a little there, hoping for that red circle that tells you "stop here and keep pulling the trigger, because you can later say that it was a single perfect bullet in his head, and anyway he will report you, so who cares"

I don't go for long shots because of the render distance but once I no-scoped a guy in a jet which was pretty awesome (it was close distance though, so nothing too extreme)

Zd1OYCO.png

Furry_Monkey

I once hit a twanker who had just spawned at the cinema in North LS, from on top of my favourite perch - the Arcadius Business Center. It looked like they got in the tank and just drove forward. As soon as they hit the intersection I popped him one. It was most satisfying.

I miss tank sniping :(

Once shot a guy jacking a car on Del Perro Pier from atop my perch at Opium Nights.

I sniped someone at Los Santos International Airport as they got in their plane...

From Paleto Bay.

Honest, true story bro.

JohnDoe7125539271

Sadly there is no stat in social club, for... lets say the Top-3 furthest kills. I guess mine was from Richards Majestic roof to LSC. That guy was in his car, couldn't see him, but shot where his head should be, and BANG.

I sniped a guy from Mount Gordo and he was at Simeons docks.

bane.jpg

Myself:

From the runway at the airport, across the water, and up the tailpipe of a Lazer that was flying over the amusement park on the pier.

Someone else:

I got sniped off my motorcycle near the airport by someone who had to be in that building under construction downtown.

Best real sniper shot I had was from Sandy Shore's Airfield, from the control tower hitting some poor soul in Trevor's meth lab. He didn't render but I could see his bulletfire out the window towards police swarming outside and just got lucky really.

Edited by SmutPeddler

I was going for the headshot tattoo unlock. I set up on maze bank with a chopper and aimed all over looking for easy kills. Everyone was moving. Except two dudes sitting a car next to the thrift store next to the hospital chopper spawn. I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me. I aimed alittle bit high above the steering wheel and popped the driver. I couldn't believe it. I still saw a blimp and fired two shots at the passenger. He didn't even know his buddy was dead in the drivers seat because the window was open.

Didn't bother reading all the other ones but I'm sure mine is the farthest and most impressive.

A friend and I were breaking into Fort Z to steal some lazers. He gets in his first and proceeds to take off. Not much behind him I hop in a take off as well. He gets shot down before crossing the river, respawns and fires one Sniper round the hits be in the back of my head.

Not sure how for that is but he was just outside of Fort Z and I was above the mountains heading back to LS.

Bullsh*t.

Crew tested- top of mt chilliad to top of the mountain overlooking ft Zancudo - roughly 2 miles

Bullsh*t.

Bullsh*t.

The shooting distance of the sniper is "only" 1.5 km (0.93 miles)

• Like 1

therealprojectsupra

Too easy to hit stationary people in vehicles, it's another story while they're traveling at speed.

My furthest on foot was from the construction high rise to a player doing the jesus glitch over the workout area near the beach, I recall he was smaller than the reticule at that distance, and "bouncing".

egomaniac247

I have been camping at the top of Tinsel Towers lately. You can sit over top of the Apartment icon and people think you're inside the apartment.....but trollololol you're actually sniping them as they pull into LSC.

It's a dick move, I understand this....

Anyways, the furthest I've had was from one of the tall maze bank towers over to the eastern most LSC near Lester's. I couldn't even see the guys car. He was parked, obviously in a car, but all I could see was his name indicator on the screen. I aimed where I "thought he'd be" and I got him. Twice. He was a squeaker and kept asking me whyyyyyyyyyyy :)

BondageKitty

The day I found out about how snipers were hitscan and ignored vehicle hitboxes if far enough I parachuted to the crane in the mile high construction site next to Maze Bank, climbed up to it's highest point and started sniping at any low res model of vehicle I saw. Across several sessions I sniped from there someone in a Comet that was parked at the police station next to the Rooftop Rumble parking, someone in an Asea near the discount store next to the strip club and someone out of a tank near the most used LSC.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

I've seen a few posts here about how peopla always like to snipe from very tall places.

Sniper 101: Never snipe from thw highest place in the area.

Why? Because that is the most obvious place. People will constantly be looking at that tower or tall building. Trust me.

You might be able to pull off an extremely long shot that way....but it's going to be the only shot you make in a combat situation

Furry_Monkey

I've seen a few posts here about how peopla always like to snipe from very tall places.

Sniper 101: Never snipe from thw highest place in the area.

Why? Because that is the most obvious place. People will constantly be looking at that tower or tall building. Trust me.

You might be able to pull off an extremely long shot that way....but it's going to be the only shot you make in a combat situation

Not really. I've spent hours on top of tall buildings without so much as an attempted challenge. Normally the closest people get is around the bottom of the building and then they leave.

• Like 2

Me from top of maze bank. Them on the helicopter pads near the beach where all helicopters spawn. When i used the full scope on the sniper i could see nothing but fuzzy elements of the game world. Couldnt see cars, more less the ground and the helicopters. I knew they were there because i followed them in the scope on the ride there. Some shots later I got a headshot on the pilot, another in the driving seat, and then exploded the helicopter.

All of my shots were guesswork 100%, still managed to get headshot

Illuminati Confirmed

I had some sniper on me much earlier on my way to the sub-urben near the down town LSC (you know, the most visited LSC in the game)

he didnt kill me but manage to shot my car, so I try to track him and found out that he is camping at the top of Tinsel tower......with his heli parked near him.

so I get to the tower crane near eclipse tower and blow up his heli...

Edited by prestonchan

HappyHogJens

From the Maze Bank tower to the helicopter spawn near Vespucci Beach (the one where pegasus can spawn your helicopters)

Bullsh*t.

Crew tested- top of mt chilliad to top of the mountain overlooking ft Zancudo - roughly 2 miles

Bullsh*t.

Bullsh*t.

The shooting distance of the sniper is "only" 1.5 km (0.93 miles)

Wrong.

bane.jpg