GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Furthest sniper kill you seen or had?

SPKxLonewolf117

Thelankymidget

I had the most legit sniper kill ever...I 720 no scoped someone while they was in a laser doing loops.

See told you...totally legit.

Noob. You over turned by at least 540°. Unless of course you killed more than 1 person.....

Yeah my bullet bounced of the person and killed 5 and half more people in the space of 3 seconds and then landed back in my sniper!

• Like 2

I've gotten jet snipe kills (many of us have though) Those are usually pretty far away.

Also kills where a player or player in their car would go out of rendering distance but I still was able to shoot them. So many epic moments looking back.....

I can't wait for the PS4 version so I can record this sh*t !

Edited by NYC PATROL

Pre-tank-sniper patch, I sniped somebody driving a pink Feltzer near Tinsel Towers from the roof of Richards Majestic. Lol, he was mad.

Friend and I just got done with rooftop months ago, we got on top of his roof and was sniping cars and he ended up hitting and killing another player by the camp around apt. Which he was just shooting cars and nailed the guy through the windshield lol

Ok. Heres the scenario, 2 dudes in a buzzard... sandy shores lsc... trying to kill me... I was by the end of the airstrip, they were flying above the prison, I shot the driver dead! Then my next shot I hit the passenger BOOM both dead, best part was they had mics and legend says they never spoke again..

Edited by VANAGON

I put this in the "share your stories" thread, but I remember when I was battling this jet griefer. I was on foot in Chamberlain Hills and he was high above me circling and fiddling about. I died about 4-5 times by him until my friend heard about what was going on.

As I'm trying to shoot the jet down with a minimum high in the sky, I started to see the jet descend slowly and plummet to the ground. My friend (who went off the radar) sniped him.

Crazy times.

grand theft spaghetti

With this rendering distance? I don't believe anyone who claims he sniped someone from a distance further than 4 blocks

on my game the other players despawn from the game before they even get to the end of the first block. when I do see them the game lags and they skip out of the way just in time to save their lives. then its an instant one star wanted level for just aiming.

but I cant lie. I don't miss people up on rooftops sniping from across the map like when the game first came out.

justinlynch3

I once sniped a guy that was right on the verge of sniper zoom and driving away. I honestly couldn't see the guy and just shot at the car. lol

I was on top of the construction crane and sniped a guy all the way in Paleto bay. There was also a twist: we were in separate sessions.

I was sitting up in the higher 3rd of the northern hill from the airforce base and picked off a guy stealing a jet from the middle section of the runway. It was so far away the jet and the player hadnt drawn but saw where he was heading and shot a few times and got him. Got a txt from the guy too saying nice one. Actually this was one of my fav moments in Online as almost all 16 players where all round the fort. Some in jets and other in all out war on the ground

Jolly Swagman

Once I sniped someone who was coming out of Los Santos Customs and they died in real life

DevilDaRebel

I sniped somebody off the Lazer while he was trying to grief me, keep in mind he was up in the air and I used the Heavy Sniper.

from the maze bank building I shot a player out of a titan taking off from the airport :p
but my best every sniper kill was a 'no scope' on a friend who crossed and intersection perpendicular to where i was standing about 200 meters away in a speeding sultan, was purely an accident but it was amazing I totally meant to do it :D

• Like 1

I was in Paleto Bay, and I sniped someone driving the High Priority Vehicle as they were about to enter the delivery garage. Also, I sniped an-Off the Radar Lazer pilot flying at the maximum altitude over the airport while I was in Sandy Shores. The last, but most amazing shot I ever took was on top of the Maze Bank tower. I 720 no-scoped one guy in a Buzzard, and the bullet went through him to also kill a Titan pilot taking off from Fort Zancudo.

Seriously, I'm not one of those guys that lies about impossible-to-make shots to boost their self esteem.

I shot a guy inside a tank from many streets away. The tank was lagging at that distance but the driver was stupid so he decided to stop still.

Affalterbach

Once I sniped someone who was coming out of Los Santos Customs and they died in real life

Laughed hard at this one man :lol:.

• Like 2

Not impressive but I've sniped people out of their super cars a few blocks away.

Now can someone explain this... I was on foot at the helipad at the marina and got sniped by a guy on top of maze bank. How is this even possible when I wouldn't render for him at that distance? Lucky shot?

Edited by buddy23

Crew tested- top of mt chilliad to top of the mountain overlooking ft Zancudo - roughly 2 miles

thats awesome, its highly unfortunate that players only render on your screen if they are a block away or closer, unless in a car, kinda makes a 2 mile range sniper f*cking worthless when players are invisible.

CarimboHanky

Now can someone explain this... I was on foot at the helipad at the marina and got sniped by a guy on top of maze bank. How is this even possible when I wouldn't render for him at that distance? Lucky shot?

your character would render once you get close to a vehicle... chances are you were near a helicopter when he took the shot.

i do that all the time, one of the easiest ways of earning a Kick Vote and a report as people quickly scream "HACKER"

I shot from the top of Maze Bank into an intersection and somehow managed to hit a player as he rode a 4-wheeler. He was invisible to me, all I saw was NPC cars. As soon as I saw the moving ATV I figured I'd give it a pot shot. Poor guy. I messaged him apologizing. He said it was a good shot judging by my position on the map. What a shot.

your character would render once you get close to a vehicle... chances are you were near a helicopter when he took the shot.

i do that all the time, one of the easiest ways of earning a Kick Vote and a report as people quickly scream "HACKER"

seems like they gotta get in one for them to render for me, but then again ive had some f*ckwit 1/2, yes one half block away shoot me and he wasnt rendered. then one time both on foot when testing the distances i could see a friend 3/4 of the way down the beach, nowhere near any cars, theres no consistency, this game is stupid unfair as far as pvp combat is concerned. I laugh when i hear people braggin about their KD like it really means much. Its kinda useful though, if yours is much over 2 something its a pretty safe bet you use tank pre nerf/jet/exploits/cheats/pick on noobs constantly and that becomes a guarantee around 4 or so. The only way anyone got a legit KD higher than that is if they looking at the player vs npc KD and not the PVP kd. Every now and then you hear some chucklehead braggin about his kd like its important in a game with so many unfair advantages that doesnt even have the same render distance for both players, lol! clowns.

I sniped two guys driving in a car so far away they weren't even rendered. I aimed for one where I thought he would be. Killed him. Then aimed a little next to him and shot the passenger. Of course, then I think they reported me.

If I can see the car, I can snipe you. Usually from the edge of the car draw distance.

CrysisAverted

Either from the end of the runway in Fort Zancudo, I sniped a guy on the other end of it after his vehicle had disappeared from being too distant

4OUkq5Q.png

or When I was ontop of the Hospital rooftop sniping people where that Large factory is, Cars weren't visible at all at that distance, was pure luck.

vi39l3t.png

Edited by Sh4d0wX32111

don ovdi' island

not going to lie to "boost self esteem" as someone mentioned earlier but i do somewhat believe people when they describe some miraculous shot because I myself have heavy sniped people so far they barely registered in the game and many of the kills i got like that were quite lucky - if not pure luck. same with helicopters or drivers of cars when they are hella far away. Sometimes you just get lucky especially in this game