Topic won't load at first try

Vanto

For some weeks, every time I try entering the topic below, this comes up 90% of the times I try to enter it, and to load it, I just need to reload the page. I can also recall this happening with another topic from the same forum. I always click the little message icon, which redirects you to the first unread post from the topic. Why does this happen?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/725554-grand-theft-auto-vi-vice/

3JSW5.jpg

Edited by Vanto

I reported this issue 3 months ago, they said they were looking into it and I wasn't the only one with the issue.

It only happens on threads that have a lot of images on them for some reason. You can view my thread here.

I actually noticed that the "getnewpost" thing in the link is what seems to be mucking things up, because if I remove it I can seem to go to the latest read page with no issue. If it's there, it returns a blank page.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Or maybe the last page just has a lot of screenshots? I've only gotten this issue on threads with a lot of images, like the Screenshots thread in the Mod Showroom.

Get last post works fine on every other thread for me.

Edited by TJGM

universetwisters

That happens to me too. I think it's just a Chrome thing, but it's always that one topic that does it for me.

Nothing a simple "F5" won't fix.

sTgL5iS.png

I'm on Firefox and nine times out of ten I try to load or edit my topic, I get the same as Vanto.

I'm not sure it's to do with image load. This has happened ever since I had blank posts with no more than "reserved" in them. An almost entirely image-based thread like this opens with no problem. What's going wrong?