GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

R* balanced out contact jobs, now do races please.

justinlynch3

justinlynch3

I quite like racing, especially Non Contact but if you are earning money, you really shouldn't bother. While a hour or 2 of Contact Jobs can new a good 100k, the same time in races will net you roughly 20-30k. Most races take place between 1 to 3 laps, Which is lucky to get you up around the 3k mark if you are first on a long enough track.

Races need a serious payout buff so they can be more comparable to Jobs.

Races used to be wildly popular when payouts was worth while, you could join a race lobby and get 16 players easy. Now your lucky to stumble upon a lobby with 5 or 6 people. Now yes, races may of overpaid back in those days, but these days they are nerfed way to much. I'd like to see 2-3k on shorter races, 4-7k on average length races, and 8-10k on longer races.

• Like 1

CaliMeatWagon

Races just need better hosts. Max payout for races is 20K and 5K RP.

• Like 2

justinlynch3

I've done longer races like Long Haul and pretty sure I didn't get 20k. If you gotten do a 30 minute or 99 laps to get 20K then it's still much better time spent in contact jobs.

All game modes need a comparable payout for hour, this is how you get people playing different stuff and not just one mode. As it is, it's much faster money in Contact Jobs then it is in races.

CaliMeatWagon

I've done longer races like Long Haul and pretty sure I didn't get 20k. If you gotten do a 30 minute or 99 laps to get 20K then it's still much better time spent in contact jobs.

All game modes need a comparable payout for hour, this is how you get people playing different stuff and not just one mode. As it is, it's much faster money in Contact Jobs then it is in races.

Race payouts are based on how long the races is (miles), how long it takes (mins), and how many are in it (i.e. 6 out of 8 possible racers).

My race, In 80 Days, is ~16 miles long, can be completed in 9.5 minutes, and if I lock it to 8 players and we get all 8 then first place gets 20K and 5k.

My race Jumpin' Jack Flash is ~0.75 miles long, set to 14 laps and with at least 12 out of 16 players the winner will get somewhere inbetween 15K to 18K. More people more payout.

Ask YuapYiller, I believe he knows the exact details for max race payouts.

I'd like to see the whole vehicle mod/race win unlock system revamped.

Same here. 100 Slipstreams to get, what, 3 paintjobs? Bit of an unbalanced work-to-profit ratio there.

I gave up on getting all the win unlocks legit and boosted them for my second character. Have to say that I don't feel the least bit bad about it. I think that unlocks should be by profile rather than character - it sucks having to earn everything twice.

Happy to help with your situation, Volk, if you're still missing anything - a quick playlist of 1-lap CR and you'll have everything you need to win 'legit'.

• Like 2

I'd like to see the whole vehicle mod/race win unlock system revamped.

Same here. 100 Slipstreams to get, what, 3 paintjobs? Bit of an unbalanced work-to-profit ratio there.

I gave up on getting all the win unlocks legit and boosted them for my second character. Have to say that I don't feel the least bit bad about it. I think that unlocks should be by profile rather than character - it sucks having to earn everything twice.

Happy to help with your situation, Volk, if you're still missing anything - a quick playlist of 1-lap CR and you'll have everything you need to win 'legit'.

Well, the issue for me is when i game its normally to get away from people. I game solo most of the time so i dont really have many friends to trade races with, i avoid mic etc lol Thanks for the response though, always good info!

I believe air races also need this implemented.

For example: Depending on if your wing touches the checkpoint, or the aircraft itself touches the checkpoint, the payout should be balanced depending on that factor.

Or on Deathmatches: If you get more headshots, and have more kills than deaths compared to the other players in the game, your payout is increased.

j4hhYw6.png

I'm busy running smalltime work for Simeon now. No more fighting the CIA for me. I repossess and explode cars now. It's actually not a complete waste of time anymore.

Edited by blackmyst

c63BTfu.jpg

I'm busy running smalltime work for Simeon now. No more fighting the CIA for me. I repossess and explode cars now. It's actually not a complete waste of time anymore.

Why would we kill bunch people and risking our lives while we can get the same amount of money just by stealing cars or blowing competitor's cars? :lol:

With this payout, Simeon is promoting world peace. No more killings.

lazyassedlover

I'd like the respawn time to be greatly reduced, takes waaaay too long

• Like 1

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

I ran two laps on one of my created races after the one dude in my lobby bailed early on and I made almost $9000.

I don't really care about the issue of balancing them, I don't really care about the money when I race, I just like racing. I can't stand Long Haul 2 and won't race it, I don't care how much it pays. It's too boring.

But they do need to turn up the money on racing across the board since they turned up the money across the board on misions. I think racing has taken a popularity hit, and there are a bunch of races that are just more fun in a full room than with four players. Between the payouts and the trouble joining races, races have seemed to be deserted lately.

lazyassedlover

Or just drive better

what a stupid response, Im probably a better driver than you?

what, you've never crashed? dickhead, don't have time for them foolish replies

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Or just drive better

I know he was being an ass, but crashing is supposed to give you a big penalty, the goal of a race is to go as fast as possible without hitting things.

Often you can win races by simpy slowing down. Sometimes custom races can be stupidly designed causing this to be frustrating, but that's the race more than the game.

Also is there any reason why you need to write everything like this?

lazyassedlover

Actually you did have time for it because you read it and replied to it.

genius this one

Or just drive better

I know he was being an ass, but crashing is supposed to give you a big penalty, the goal of a race is to go as fast as possible without hitting things.

Often you can win races by simpy slowing down. Sometimes custom races can be stupidly designed causing this to be frustrating, but that's the race more than the game.

Also is there any reason why you need to write everything like this?

cos its my style and its how i like to write, im a very good driver but in a super car race with no traffic, respawn takes waaay too long, by they time it respawns, the other racer is long gone...I dont crash often but people like to crash into me and sometimes I get put into badly made custom races with stupid ramps all over the place which can get quite chaotic with many players

I simply asked for it to be shortened

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Above Omnipotence

The race payouts should go back to the way they were when the game first came out. You were almost always guaranteed a full lobby and the payout for first place was GREAT!