• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fastman92

• dkluin

• _onyx_

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fastman92 limit adjuster Like many other games, GTA has limits that may later need to be increased as the modding community grows. This limit adjuster gives you that opportunity. F

Hi all. All downloads of this mod will be suspended until further notice due to the existence of an opt-out only, unannounced telemetry element to the mod (which collects some data from you), unt

http://fastman92.com/15-fastman92-limit-adjuster-5-1 FLA 5.1 no longer has the telemetry elements as fastman92 is trying to find a better solution. We'd really recommend you make it option and

New idea:

GTA SA RPF archives.

Like in GTA V.

what so great about rpf? Gta 4 and GTA V is a pain of the ass to look some files 😅

fastman92

New idea:

GTA SA RPF archives.

Like in GTA V.

what so great about rpf? Gta 4 and GTA V is a pain of the ass to look some files

The files are packed and may be compressed/encrypted too. It's good for project release, although not so good for modders.

RPF represents the file system.

Edited by fastman92

New idea:

GTA SA RPF archives.

Like in GTA V.

what so great about rpf? Gta 4 and GTA V is a pain of the ass to look some files

The files are packed and may be compressed/encrypted too. It's good for project release, although not so good for modders.

RPF represents the file system.

Do it :D

I am very interested in this idea.

• Like 1
Link2012

Don't take me wrong, but let's be honest, this idea is not very useful, even more when there's already your enchanged img format (encryption/compression) and Mod Loader (abstract filesystem).
You could be spending your time on much more useful things.

Edited by LINK/2012
  • Like 5
fastman92

Don't take me wrong, but let's be honest, this idea is not very useful, even more when there's already your enchanged img format (encryption/compression) and Mod Loader (abstract filesystem).

I can guess RPF won't be much useful, although I found it interesting challenge to hook the WINAPI functions and implement the RPF archives.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RPF archive pretty much works.

Except that there is still no defined RPF structure.

Edited by fastman92

Memory streaming bug

Is this even a limit adjuster issue?

I doubt that.

well,

Memory streaming bug
I doubt that.

To trigger that bug you need to break some kind of a Limit...

well,

Memory streaming bug

I doubt that.

To trigger that bug you need to break some kind of a Limit...This bug has never occured for me.

In SA, theres simply an explanation of having a bug in the timecyc.dat ofcourse.

I doubt the fact of a new limit causing these bugs around SA.

fastman92

What is PIX frame?

fastman92 limit adjuster 2.1 is available for download

This version fixes some bugs and brings new functionality to GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA V.

Now released as open source project under MIT license.

Full list of changes:

** 2.1, 22-09-2015

- GTA SA, IMG archives can be recursive. When Enhanced IMG archives option is enabled.

- GTA V, FXT loader made

- GTA IV, FXT loader made

- GTA SA, fixed a bug in ID limits over 65535

- GTA IV, the message about vehicle audio loader enabled was missing in log file.

- GTA SA, level limits fixed, CStreaming__GetDefaultCabDriverModel had an infinite loop freezing the game.

- GTA SA, COL ID limit got hacked. Now CColModel items can have unsigned __int16 exCOL_file_ID;

f0e72a417067100.jpg

Edited by fastman92
  • Like 3

What is PIX frame?

Directly from WikiPedia:

"PIX can take a snapshot of an application running, store the calls to Direct3D and data used in that single frame, and recreate the frame step-by-step, allowing the programmer to see the intermediate contents of various buffers and devices, debug individual vertices and pixels, or see which call took the most processing time."

Please take a look into it at least, IMO fixing this bug it's 1000x more important than RPF archieves, and I'm sure everyone who's had this happen in their game will agree.

Edited by Reyks
  • Like 2
fastman92

What is PIX frame?

Directly from WikiPedia:

"PIX can take a snapshot of an application running, store the calls to Direct3D and data used in that single frame, and recreate the frame step-by-step, allowing the programmer to see the intermediate contents of various buffers and devices, debug individual vertices and pixels, or see which call took the most processing time."

Please take a look into it at least, IMO fixing this bug it's 1000x more important than RPF archieves, and I'm sure everyone who's had this happen in their game will agree.

I may check it, although I don't really know much about Direct3D.
  • Like 2
The Hero

The PIX frame is no use now. It told us the mesh data is completely f*cked but that's it. You should probably debug the instance function.

No, that doesn't help. It can't be debugged with PIX.

Well crap, so would more PIX frames of the same thing help in some way? Maybe it will show something different?

Aight so if PIX really won't help, someone good at debugging should try and reproduce this bug in their game, like I said before just use 1024mb of streaming memory and increase the draw distances of everything using p2DFX, and try to fill up the streaming memory by flying around, the bug will show up rather quickly.

EDIT: Staying near a bunch of cars and peds with a high streaming memory seem to trigger the bug as well, since the artifacts come from them.

Edited by Reyks

Aight so if PIX really won't help, someone good at debugging should try and reproduce this bug in their game, like I said before just use 1024mb of streaming memory and increase the draw distances of everything using p2DFX, and try to fill up the streaming memory by flying around, the bug will show up rather quickly.

EDIT: Staying near a bunch of cars and peds with a high streaming memory seem to trigger the bug as well, since the artifacts come from them.

I played SOL U with 2dfx on and 2048mb for like three weeks while workinh on my mod and I still have never had this bug. Fastman92 is able to find it out.

I played SOL U with 2dfx on and 2048mb for like three weeks while workinh on my mod and I still have never had this bug. Fastman92 is able to find it out.

Woah really? You got really lucky then, but trust me it will happen one of these days, this thing tends to show up when you least expect it.

little_idiot

Why don't you want to use Stream Memory Usage Counter script by Junior_Djjr to see how far you was from using more than 1Gb of Stream Memory?

The problem is that game can't use more thant 1Gb (+/- few Mb).

Edited by little_idiot

Well, you are playing on Standard SA,VC,III map.

You HAVE to use High Poly,many models loaded on the same time.

Edited by miclin

Well this is quite odd, I was having the bug with even less than 256mb, but then I decided to use this limit adjuster and the memory usage just went over 512mb and no bugs showed up.

Ofc I increased a few limits, just not sure wich one was responsible for this.

---------------------------------------------Tracks*.dat coordinate limit patch enabled.---------------------------------------------Streaming memory available limit set to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)---------------------------------------------Modified limit of 'Number of requested models above which the game considers loading very busy' to: 90000---------------------------------------------Modified limit of 'Minimum number of iterations in LoadAllRequestedModels' to: 90000---------------------------------------------Modified limit of VISIBILITY: Alpha list limit to: 90000---------------------------------------------Modified limit of VISIBILITY: Alpha boat atomic list to: 90000---------------------------------------------Modified limit of VISIBILITY: Alpha really draw last list limit to: 90000---------------------------------------------Modified limit of VISIBILITY: Alpha really draw last list limit to: 90000---------------------------------------------Number of memory changes made: 171---------------------------------------------Game closed.

EDIT: If I would've to guess I would say it's probably the first two after the streaming memory limit.

Edited by Reyks
SilverRST

@Reyks, can I have your fastman's LA settings?

I do have some very high poly models. With very high poly, I mean the highest I have is 2.2 milion polies...

Of course the car has yet to be set up for converting. And the other is 800k.

Well, forget what I just said, bug showed up after a few minutes with increased distances using p2DFX...

But it seems to be happening less often with this adjuster.

I do have some very high poly models. With very high poly, I mean the highest I have is 2.2 milion polies...

Sure:

http://pastebin.com/vY2p9b3Z

EDIT: I'm using along with Open Limit Adjuster, so there's a few limits that I disabled.

Edited by Reyks
SilverRST

Well, forget what I just said, bug showed up after a few minutes with increased distances using p2DFX...

But it seems to be happening less often with this adjuster.

Sure:

http://pastebin.com/vY2p9b3Z

EDIT: I'm using along with Open Limit Adjuster, so there's a few limits that I disabled.

You also use Open Limit Adjuster together with fastman's LA? Doesn't it conflict both? I use the limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi from p2dfx.

SilverRST

@Reyks, your settings makes peds not spawn anymore at the Ganton.

edit

scratch that. Game crashes if I enter my carmod.

Edited by SilverRST