2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Worst Rapper Names

Homemade Dynamite

Homemade Dynamite

A good rap name is like a good rap song, it has flow while not trying too hard. Some rappers however don't get that and we get some bad rapper names. Note, that their name does not reflect their musical talent. There are some really good rappers that chose bad names. To begin:

- Rhymefest

- Bubba Sparxxx

- Kidz in the Hall

- Del tha Funkee Homosapien

- V-Nasty

- Shorty sh*tstain

- Snow tha Product

- Vanilla Ice

- Young Black Teenagers (None of them are black)

- KRS-One

- Tinie Tempah

- Messy Marv

- Royce da 5'9"

- Swollen Members

- Birdman

Edited by NightSpectre
  • Like 1

Cosmic Gypsy

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

Pretty much any name where dollar signs replace S's...

Honestly i could go on for years naming absolutely pathetic rap names, I personally wouldn't say Del The Funky Homosapien is bad though, possibly one of the most original and non ego tripping names around. I also have nothing against KRS-One's name but yeah, safe to say rap music has some of the worst/childish artist names ever.

EDIT: Most (if not all) names with Lil' infront of them..

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy
  • Like 2

universetwisters

DMX. It sounds like a cheap Chinese knockoff BMX.

Anyone with Lil' or Busta in there name. Sounds st0000pid.

Soulja Boy Tell 'Em is another one Tiga and Flo-Rida.

Edited by Hyperglide
  • Like 2

Chamillionaire, Dreddy Kruger, 2 Chainz and all the criminal inspired names, naming yourself after John Gotti or Al Capone doesn't give you a "hardcore ghetto gangster" image, it makes you look unimaginative.

Homemade Dynamite

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

Honestly i could go on for years naming absolutely pathetic rap names, I personally wouldn't say Del The Funky Homosapien is bad though, possibly one of the most original and non ego tripping names around. I also have nothing against KRS-One's name but yeah, safe to say rap music has some of the worst/childish artist names ever.

I think Del tha Funkee Homosapien is bad name because it displays cute, nerdy, non-threatening fun. Though, I got to hand to him for being brave enough to be a rapper with the word "homo" in is name, which probably doesn't do well in battles.

As for KRS-One, i wasn't even sure how to pronounce it until it was said. At first I thought it was "Chris One". Even then, it sounds more like a name used for a military weapon or something. I can easily imagine a Call of Duty game with a rifle called a "KRS1".

All of them.

Watch out ,we got a music snob over here lol

Edited by NightSpectre
  • Like 1

Wiz Khalifa

Lil Wayne

Soulja Boy

• Like 2

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

I think Del tha Funkee Homosapien is bad name because it displays cute, nerdy, non-threatening fun. Though, I got to hand to him for being brave enough to be a rapper with the word "homo" in is name, which probably doesn't do well in battles.

As for KRS-One, i wasn't even sure how to pronounce it until it was said. At first I thought it was "Chris One". Even then, it sounds more like a name used for a military weapon or something. I can easily imagine a Call of Duty game with a rifle called a "KRS1".

All of them.

Well sometimes he goes by Deltron Zero whose half of Deltron 3030 (with Dan the Automator). But I'd give him and KRS a pass because they are actually, you know, talented.

Edited by Hyperglide

Homemade Dynamite

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

Well sometimes he goes by Deltron Zero whose half of Deltron 3030 (with Dan the Automator). But I'd give him and KRS a pass because they are actually, you know, talented.

I already said that their talent has nothing to do with having a bad rapper name.

Payne Killer

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

Watch out ,we got a music snob over here lolWat

Homemade Dynamite

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

Wat

You basically just said rap music sucks by saying all rappers have bad names.

Payne Killer

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

Wat

You basically just said rap music sucks by saying all rappers have bad names.I know what I said. And yes rap music does suck. Its just ghetto trash rap, I prefer old rap.
  • Like 1

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

I already said that their talent has nothing to do with having a bad rapper name.

Actually no you didn't. You said " I personally wouldn't say Del The Funky Homosapien is bad though, possibly one of the most original and non ego tripping names around"

You said he wasn't bad. So no where in there were you insinuating that he was good. Because that doesn't automatically mean he's good. You never clarified. Del is PFP one of the best ever emcee's, and his name doesn't sound immature or stupid either. It's just the era he's from. Back then artists had silly names. Today they are just asnine.

Edited by Hyperglide

Homemade Dynamite

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

Actually no you didn't. You said " I personally wouldn't say Del The Funky Homosapien is bad though, possibly one of the most original and non ego tripping names around"

You should learn to read bro.

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

Don't bro me if you don't know me, Son. Read my post again.

Homemade Dynamite

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

You said he and KRS-One should be discounted due to being talented. Talent has nothing to do with them having a bad rap name.

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

All of them.

P Money

Joey Bada$$

Pitbull

You said he and KRS-One should be discounted due to being talented. Talent has nothing to do with them having a bad rap name.

Lets argue semantics on a message board like a bunch of 12 year olds. Forget it you win. Lets get this sh*t back on topic.

Hmmm, I reckon Lil Mouse and Lil Durk are two of the worst rapper names, in my opinion.

Hmmm, worst rapper names. Lets see....

A$AP Rocky

Lil Wayne

Lil Wyte

Lil Scrappy

50 Cent

Kid Cudi

Childish Gambino

Snoop Dogg and Snoop Lion

Soulja Boy

Chamillionare

Royce da 5'9

Bow wow

The list can go on and on...

• Like 1

Hmmm, worst rapper names. Lets see....

A$AP Rocky

Lil Wayne

Lil Wyte

Lil Scrappy

50 Cent

Kid Cudi

Childish Gambino

Snoop Dogg and Snoop Lion

Soulja Boy

Chamillionare

Royce da 5'9

Bow wow

The list can go on and on...

funny thing is childish got his name from wu tang name generator. lol

Some more I hate from emcees that suck.

Wiz Khalifa, Wale (whale or wah-lay??), Rich Boy (no originality at all).

I would say:

-2 Chainz

-Xzibit

-Chamillionaire

-Snoop Lion

-Knoc-Turn'al

Not a real rapper, but OG Loc is bad too :p

• Like 1

Homemade Dynamite

A good rap name is like a good rap song, it has flow while not trying too hard. Some rappers however don't get that and we get some bad rapper names. Note, that their name does not reflect their musical talent. There are some really good rappers that chose bad names. To begin:

- Rhymefest Sounds more like a made-up word by 50-year-old white journalist who has no clue about hip-hop would use in a review, not an actual rapper's name.

- Bubba Sparxxx Already sounds forced enough, but then he adds three Xs on the word "sparks" just to give it that cheap porno vibe.

- Kidz in the Hall If the Disney Channel made a corporate manufactured hip-hop group/boy band, this would be their name if it weren't already taken.

- Del tha Funkee Homosapien This sounds like a name some nerdy science kid would have. The misspelling of "Funky" just adds extra cuteness to display nerdy, nonthreatening fun. Gotta give him props though for being brave enough to be a rapper with the word "homo" in his name, something that probably doesn't do well in rap battles.

- V-Nasty Take the first letter of your name (Vanessa) then call yourself "Nasty". Not very appealing.

- Shorty sh*tstain Do I even need to explain this? Putting the word "sh*t" in his name could be the one and only reason he's a D-list rapper you've probably never heard of.

- Snow tha Product Her original name was "Snow White tha Product", which was already kind of lame because there is nothing cool or ghetto about a Disney Princess. After Disney threatened her with a lawsuit, she had to drop the "White" out of her name, resulting in a name that doesn't even make any sense. Should have just changed it completely.

- Vanilla Ice I get what he's going for, everyone already knows he's white so why bother hiding it? There's no reason to announce it like that, it just makes him seem like that much more of a joke.

- Young Black Teenagers Like the above, except these guys tried to go for the irony route. To be honest, that's probably even more pathetic.

- KRS-One Sounds more like a name you'd give to a rifle rather than a rapper. I could easily imagine a Call of Duty game with Assault Rifle called a "KRS1".

- Tinie Tempah I can't tell if this is supposed to be threatening or cute. It says he has a "tiny temper" but he misspells both words and slurs the second one. I honestly thought it belonged to a girl rapper when I first heard the name.

- Messy Marv What's this supposed to mean? That he makes a mess out of himself whenever he eats? That he doesn't clean up his house? Whatever it means, it sucks.

- Royce da 5'9" What's so special about a freaking average height? Why does he feel the need to proudly proclaim it? Not to mention the "da" in the name feels really forced.

- Swollen Members A name that sounds like a fungal infection. Nice.

- Birdman He's one of the biggest names in hip-hop right now and that name makes him sounds like a superhero from a 1960s Saturday morning cartoon.

I decided to tell you why I think these names are bad in case anyone's wondering.

Edited by NightSpectre