3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Hot Dog Homicide

EllieTincan

Which version of Hot Dog Homicide do you prefer, the PC version or Playstation? And which one do you think is considered canon? For those who don't know, In the PC version it's a mission you receive from the Russian mafia and you steal a bus and pick up people at a bus stop then take them to a hotdog factory and supervise them getting turned Into hotdogs from the top of the factory. Then you drive them to their diner and they're used to feed his army. In the PS1 version it's the same except you feed Hare Krishna members to other Hare Krishna members and they get sick and die.

That is a great point, I honestly can't choose which one I prefer. My only problem is I wish it wasn't your character doing it. Although, personally I think the PS version is canon just cause PS tends to be the "heart" so to say of the GTA series in a way.

Edited by EllieTincan

That is a great point, I honestly can't choose which one I prefer. My only problem is I wish it wasn't your character doing it. Although, personally I think the PS version is canon just cause PS tends to be the "heart" so to say of the GTA series in a way.

What do you mean by PS version is canon, GTA2 has no story. Besides that the missions were different because the PS version was just limited, there were no trains and bus, you had less people to kill in Frenzies and there were only half the tokens. If you mean generally what is the true GTA2 then it is the PC version because it shows the game in full potential.

I prefer the PC version, since it's the one I am familiar with. Also it makes the world much darker, making the dystopian atmosphere even stronger.

Yeah. Anywhere City is just the place where something twisted like Hot Dog Homicide could happen. I prefer the PC version because sometimes its just awesome to be a total bastard with no moral values. But when thinking you are just driving the bus to the factory without using any violence if i remember correct.

What do you mean by PS version is canon, GTA2 has no story. Besides that the missions were different because the PS version was just limited, there were no trains and bus, you had less people to kill in Frenzies and there were only half the tokens. If you mean generally what is the true GTA2 then it is the PC version because it shows the game in full potential.Well for example, Donkey Kong. The arcade version when ported to NES had a missing level, however in the future most of the references and general "love" go to the NES version.

Well for example, Donkey Kong. The arcade version when ported to NES had a missing level, however in the future most of the references and general "love" go to the NES version.

Then i guess it depends on the game, for the original Mortal Kombat it´s the Arcade version for example. For GTA2 it´s definetely the PC version then, because most people know and play the PC version and not PS or Dreamcast etc. versions. That might not be the case with the later 3D and HD era GTAs though.

• 3 months later...

PS tends to be the "heart" so to say of the GTA series in a way.

Ar9Yq0Y.png

GTA 2 was first released on PC, hell, GTA started off with PC, how is PS the heart of GTA series?

I'd definitely say the PC version, since it's a lot darker.

E: I just realised I'm quite late. Sorry about that.

Edited by lol232
  • 3 months later...

PS tends to be the "heart" so to say of the GTA series in a way.

Ar9Yq0Y.pngGTA 2 was first released on PC, hell, GTA started off with PC, how is PS the heart of GTA series?I'd definitely say the PC version, since it's a lot darker.E: I just realised I'm quite late. Sorry about that.

This is gonna be even later, but yeah. You guys are right. The PC is the "heart" so to say.

JeremyKesseler

I only owned the PC version. Is this the mission where you pick ppl up in the bus and take them to the meat factory ? If so i love that mission they should add it to GTA Online as a throwback mission : )

I prefer the PC version, even though both are nice. I'd like to feed Krishnas to the Russian Mafia, that would be great. So I always pick people up from bus stops in the Krishna territory.

The good thing about the Playstation version is that it gives a reason for the Krishna vehicle to be a bus (otherwise, it seems like it could have been any other vehicle), and it gives a chance to appear for what's probably the least featured area in the whole game (seriously, that housing complex is quite large, yet it doesn't appear in any other mission, there are no tokens there, and only a single frenzy in one of the corners).

Otherwise.. Well, everything has already been said, and I've only played the PC version.