GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Remove blue markers?

CrazyDog150

I hate the blue markers on the minimap.I can't see sh*t and they're useless.Is there a way to remove/hide those?If not ,why hasn't R* added this yet?

You can start Jobs from the pause menu,so the blue markers are completely useless.

There's isn't a way to remove them currently. Hopefully R* will add an option to hide them as I do agree they can be rather annoying.

• Like 2

iRideIndependent

Exactly what I've been saying lately. They're pointless on the map, and should at least be allowed to toggle on and off.

• Like 2

What really takes the piss is on the bag map, it says push R3 for low detail, but that takes away everything BUT the sh*ty f*cking blue markers. FFS!

What really takes the piss is on the bag map, it says push R3 for low detail, but that takes away everything BUT the sh*ty f*cking blue markers. FFS!

This. f*cking This.

Tried this in October and just went "uhhhhh okay..."

Things like this make me believe GTA:O is just one huge beta.

• Like 3

They should do one of these options;

- Remove the blue marker if you have completed the job in question. This way, you are more inclined to use the markers as you can quickly find jobs you didn't do yet (or you play just to get rid of the markers, which make you try something new as well)

- Allow a filter option; You can check or uncheck the types of job that you want to turn up, for example, you can check the gametype and if it has to show up or not depending on completion:

* Air race [completed + uncompleted]

-Or simply on/off

Also I would like to set my own markers as "point of interests" with their own colors, which also get their GPS options in the interaction menu.

Agreed. And it sucks when you accidentally run into one, especially when you're in a pvp fight.

• Like 2

Yeah.. Remove blue markers..

AND gang attacks.

Though gang attacks should be optional or something.. I hate running into a warzone every time I go into sandy shores airfield to get an aircraft I've called.

V HoneyBadger V

I was just about to make a topic about this and you ninja'd me.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more. If anything, Rockstar ruined this game by adding the option to choose any mission you wanted, because those blue circles don't mean sh*t anymore. The only things that you need them for is golf, tennis, arm wrestling and flight school (and they are white!)

The blue circles annoy me and clutter both the map and the world.

• Like 1

yeah they need to do something about this. the first thing i noticed coming from SP to online was how much of a mess the radar is. the singleplayer radar is perfect its really clean so i dont know what happened with the online radar. really bizarre. it wouldnt be so bad though if they didnt stick to the edge of your minimap. i can never f*cking tell which way is north

the thing the other guy suggested about removing the markers once you've played the job would help a lot. i actually like the idea of only being able to join jobs by going to the marker but you cant have all the markers displayed at once it's just too cluttered. they need to revise the whole job joining system

Edited by DoubleDutch
  • Like 1

Exactly what I've been saying lately. They're pointless on the map, and should at least be allowed to toggle on and off.

There's isn't a way to remove them currently. Hopefully R* will add an option to hide them as I do agree they can be rather annoying.

I hate the blue markers on the minimap.I can't see sh*t and they're useless.Is there a way to remove/hide those?If not ,why hasn't R* added this yet?

You can start Jobs from the pause menu,so the blue markers are completely useless.

They should do one of these options;

- Remove the blue marker if you have completed the job in question. This way, you are more inclined to use the markers as you can quickly find jobs you didn't do yet (or you play just to get rid of the markers, which make you try something new as well)

- Allow a filter option; You can check or uncheck the types of job that you want to turn up, for example, you can check the gametype and if it has to show up or not depending on completion:

* Air race [completed + uncompleted]

-Or simply on/off

Also I would like to set my own markers as "point of interests" with their own colors, which also get their GPS options in the interaction menu.

Agreed. And it sucks when you accidentally run into one, especially when you're in a pvp fight.

AND gang attacks.

Though gang attacks should be optional or something.. I hate running into a warzone every time I go into sandy shores airfield to get an aircraft I've called.

j4hhYw6.png

This. f*cking This.

Tried this in October and just went "uhhhhh okay..."

Things like this make me believe GTA:O is just one huge beta.

did the same thing and followed by "that's f*cking stupid" we really need an option to toggle that stuff on/off it's especially hard to find crate drop icons in all that mess!

remove the clue circles from the ground too, they are completely pointless when the pause menu exists

AND gang attacks.

Yeah,gang attacks are annoying, too.Get your aircraft?Some gang asshole starts shooting at you with his MG.

Get a crate?Gang attack.(They often drop in GA areas..)

Fight against a player near one?Gang attack.

After completing them,you should be able to turn them off.The 500+ RP isn't worth the time,especially if you get chased by someone.

Edited by CrazyDog150

perhaps they could make it so you only have them on the pause menu map and players can set a waypoint to a specific job

+1 for the necessary toggle on map and specially on the radar, it is a cluttered blue mess in some situations.

Instead of removing the coronas from the ground, I would prefer if joining a job was not automatic simply walking inside them, because it is sometimes problematic (now that there is the Flight SChool, for example, it's almost impossibile to jump down from the stairs at the airport where the FS is located, or taking cover behind the parapet like I did before, because you always activate it :blink:

Considering that jobs are activated while on foot, and if I want to join a job maybe I have parked my PV at a certain distance, one idea could be to prompt the message "Press Y to activate job" when walking inside a job corona, or even better a long press to distinguish from the "OMG I NEED TO RUN IN THE FIRST CAR IN RANGE NOW!" action...

Press this to activate that is done wit d-pad right in other parts of the game, it should be like that for starting jobs in a job corona. And I totally agree with the needed toggle for markers on the mini map. If the coronas will get the activation then I don't mind them being around in the world.

To be honest, I have always thought the reason why blue jobs markers are plastered all over the f*cking map is because R* are intent on making us believe that GTA Online is massive and filled with content. The fact is of course, that it isn't.

There is less to do in V Online (except for when comparing free mode) than there was in IV. For example, all the missions look like loads of differant missions, but the fact is, they are just missions. In GTA IV, all those missions were simply named 'Mafia Work'. Granted there were less variations included in MW, but when you consider that there were other game modes in IV that aren't in V (eg Cops 'n Crooks), then on the whole I think there is less to do in V Online, hence the blue markers.

Edited by StormerBoy

To be honest, I have always thought the reason why blue jobs markers are plastered all over the f*cking map is because R* are intent on making us believe that GTA Online is massive and filled with content. The fact is of course, that it isn't.

Lol same thought.

Manifestation of power and unlimited possibilities, just like Putin.

There is less to do in V Online (except for when comparing free mode) than there was in IV. For example, all the missions look like loads of differant missions, but the fact is, they are just missions. In GTA IV, all those missions were simply named 'Mafia Work'. Granted there were less variations included in MW, but when you consider that there were other game modes in IV that aren't in V (eg Cops 'n Crooks), then on the whole I think there is less to do in V Online, hence the blue markers.

Nah, GTA IV was a lot more boring.

Edited by Filip454

not only are they annoying on the minimap, but in the gameworld itself! i only walk through them by accident. sometimes they even block passages while on foot.

it wont take long and r* will have to do something, or else the whole map is just blue!

the high/low detail option in the pausemenu map is also totally funny. it just removes the important icons.

Can't agree more. Totally a needed improvement.

Edited by Bolatsi

Saved me twice from splattering the ground. One when my character got sent flying with a gate glitch I found (supposed to fling my car like a cannon but you have to be out of the vehicle when solo to do it), and another when falling off my Akuma. Supermanned into both. I just hate how they block the N on the mini map.

Edited by JON22

Why not show only the blue markers that are within range of you, just as they do with the properties that can be purchased online.

don ovdi' island

Also sucks when a person that's fighting you goes ultra pussy and runs into one. Had that happen a few times where someone shoots me and runs to a blue thing just so i can shoot them 32 times while their avatar pulls out a phone and vanishes into thin air. :v:

Also sucks when a person that's fighting you goes ultra pussy and runs into one. Had that happen a few times where someone shoots me and runs to a blue thing just so i can shoot them 32 times while their avatar pulls out a phone and vanishes into thin air. :v:

True, but I see mostly noobs doing it when I chase them. I honk and drive past them, let them drive past me etc. to show I'm friendly. But they often get super anxious, head to the next blue marker and gone they are. Never seen a high rank trying to escape from a fight by entering a blue marker.