GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tank users not getting charged$

Went blowing up players because I'm a c*nt and the players driving PV when I blow them up I noticed I not charged (repair$) for players PV.

Is this only for the weekend? Or did it come in since revealed tank icon come about? Maybe saying players got a warning so if in the path of a tank or go chasing them in PV and get blown up, too bad..

Idk? Maybe only for the weekend this is allowed..or a bug R* made with 1.16.

Edited by Syphiroth

lol wow typical rockstar next thing you know tanks will have robot legs, game is so unfair we should just strike.

• Like 2

Went blowing up players because I'm a c*nt

Stopped reading here.

• Like 3

CarnageRacing00

I'm OK with tank users not getting charged as long as the car owner isn't charged either. I can avoid tanks if I don't want the hassle thanks to the new icon. They shouldn't have to pay my insurance if I choose to drive my Entity into them. That's a reverse-griefing technique.

Honestly, the majority of griefing is all based on the entire stupid ass insurance thing. Just remove it already, let us have our cars without worry of them being destroyed FFS.

Well, at least you're honest.

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

I did not check since I fly the jet for some time now. From what I remember tanks have gone back and forth with this so I'm curious if they changed it again

As for jet I don't get charged when someone is in their personal vehicle only when it's unoccupied.

At $1.5 million it better be useful for something.

Yeah, because just being an invincible little coward is not enough :p

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 1

I wouldn call a tank that explodes after like 4 stickies 'invincible' You are just dumb as hell if you get to close to someone in a tank.

I wouldn call a tank that explodes after like 4 stickies 'invincible' You are just dumb as hell if you get to close to someone in a tank.

lol what are you talking about, tanks are OP, no counters.

think you're safe on a rooftop throwing c4 or just actually out smarting someone instead of just driving into them and calling them a pussy? nah tanks have like 10 cannons bro.

Edited by Odesza

CarnageRacing00

Honestly, they can make the tank stronger again now. Now that we know where they are at all times, there is much less threat of being caught off guard and griefed by one, so if people want to tangle with a tank, they can accept the challenge.

Goin For The Gusto

It is really inconsistent, sometimes you get a warning, sometimes you don't, doesn't matter if you are in a tank or not.

lol what are you talking about, tanks are OP, no counters.

think you're safe on a rooftop throwing c4 or just actually out smarting someone instead of just driving into them and calling them a pussy? nah tanks have like 10 cannons bro.

Lies, max amount of cannons on a tank is 8.

Edited by Ninja_Gear

CaptainMental

It is really inconsistent, sometimes you get a warning, sometimes you don't, doesn't matter if you are in a tank or not.

Make difference between getting a warning and having to pay.

I destroyed some PVs just now with the Lazers cannon, didnt have to pay anything but I do get bad sport warnings.

CatchMeTrolling

No one should pay for insurance to me, except for the owner. Don't drive around in car's you can't afford.

Actually recently I've got a way with sticky bombs & rpgs.

8xtwxyH.gifk3h9l.png

if you're getting owned by a tank.. you really need to get your flying skill up and grab a jet

Furry_Monkey

Stopped reading here.

That was actually the thing that kept me reading. So many total f*cking liars on this forum.

Stopped reading here.

That was actually the thing that kept me reading. So many total f*cking liars on this forum.

I didn't see why I would try 'hide' that I went or sometimes do go on a tank rampage but it's usually not because I got owned or killed by a better player it's just because I log into a session and think 'f*ck it' I go be a c*nt until someone owns me and see if they wanna continue fighting now they blow my tank up. Sometimes leads all players into a spot and once I get owned we all shooting one another and going mental or they all after me and I take it as they seek revenge now I'm not in a tank. If I win or lose on foot, so be it.

Another thing is lately I actually been testing players vs players in a tank now icon shows.

You should see how many players actually come after you if you not even bothering them or far away doing your own thing in a tank. I was cleaning gang hideouts with my tank and someone went off radar I didn't even notice but next thing I hear a jet over by the Vagos little main gang hangout parking lot and this jet clean missed me and smashed into the buildings..

So I went find them as they still of radar and they used rocket launcher, blew me up so I said to myself "alright, fair, let the shootout battle begin" - no, he drove off, set a bounty on me (I claimed it, outlasted it, whatever) and proceeded on getting a jet while sending text reply as;

Me; "Y u getin jet 4? C'mon n fite"

The reply; "o im so scrd"

I didn't see the point in him flying all way over to me who in this session like many other of lastnight I didn't attack anyone unless they come attack me. This is how get blew me up quick as cops + random one-off players would come towards me and I wouldn't do anything. They would sticky bomb me or throw grenades. Try get in my tank, I'd just kill them if they come back as I drive-off. sh*t like that is annoying now the icon shows it's like tank meaning "automatic c*nt" icon and idk if any players online used tank to never harm overs I wouldn't believe that at all. If you own a tank you either rampaged once or twice, no one spend 1.5mil to go for a harmless cruise in a tank around LS.

Not sure OP.

I was being a Troll yesterday and blew up what was clearly a PV (was Purple with Purple rims and I was changing the player beforehand so had to be and using the RPG), did not pay Insurance and come to think of it did not get a Bad Sport warning. Just my Mental State was rising notice.

Edited by Relative007

people still use tanks? lol! i thought everyone quit using them after they noticed one player with a rocketlauncher can kill them pretty easily now.

I was receiving bad sport along with mental state is rising warnings but not charged.

However, I was strolling up to the fort in a sesh lastnight and run over someone's car outfront of eclipse towers (I didn't see it I was looking at the map as I expanded it seeing where the other players at) and no one in the car but it was a Turimso R (seen the remains as I passed) and I got charged for that. I ended up giving up driving upto the fort and haven't been in tank since this to see if it's back charging you for wrecking players PV. Someone else might know if it's charging players again or not?

Furry_Monkey

Stopped reading here.

I didn't see why I would try 'hide' that I went or sometimes do go on a tank rampage but it's usually not because I got owned or killed by a better player it's just because I log into a session and think 'f*ck it' I go be a c*nt until someone owns me and see if they wanna continue fighting now they blow my tank up. Sometimes leads all players into a spot and once I get owned we all shooting one another and going mental or they all after me and I take it as they seek revenge now I'm not in a tank. If I win or lose on foot, so be it.

Another thing is lately I actually been testing players vs players in a tank now icon shows.

You should see how many players actually come after you if you not even bothering them or far away doing your own thing in a tank. I was cleaning gang hideouts with my tank and someone went off radar I didn't even notice but next thing I hear a jet over by the Vagos little main gang hangout parking lot and this jet clean missed me and smashed into the buildings..

So I went find them as they still of radar and they used rocket launcher, blew me up so I said to myself "alright, fair, let the shootout battle begin" - no, he drove off, set a bounty on me (I claimed it, outlasted it, whatever) and proceeded on getting a jet while sending text reply as;

Me; "Y u getin jet 4? C'mon n fite"

The reply; "o im so scrd"

I didn't see the point in him flying all way over to me who in this session like many other of lastnight I didn't attack anyone unless they come attack me. This is how get blew me up quick as cops + random one-off players would come towards me and I wouldn't do anything. They would sticky bomb me or throw grenades. Try get in my tank, I'd just kill them if they come back as I drive-off. sh*t like that is annoying now the icon shows it's like tank meaning "automatic c*nt" icon and idk if any players online used tank to never harm overs I wouldn't believe that at all. If you own a tank you either rampaged once or twice, no one spend 1.5mil to go for a harmless cruise in a tank around LS.

Absolutely mate. I tend to keep myself to myself and just kill people that are (in my world) asking for it, or get too close for comfort. Every now and then though, I think "f*ck it" and get my big hard tank out and shove it in every available face.

Kudos to you for being straight about it.

@Furry_Monkey

Yeah man like you purchased the f*cking thing why not go rampage at times or use it for whatever reason different from that. It's what f*cks me off about how tanks got this icon and we pay for a tank but these scabs go get a free mega-destructive jet? Now if they had to buy that jet I wouldn't be trippin' because it's something you had to purchase for usage.

I used to get pissed at tank users but only because I was hanging to reach the RP unlock tank level so I could battle tank vs tank, rampage or whatever the f*ck I wanted to do. But it's a difference being pissed at a player who went grinding or purchased shark cards for the tank to being pissed at a scab getting a free jet the game offers all players.

Black Terminator

Well at least I can respect you for your honesty.

Furry_Monkey

@Furry_Monkey

Yeah man like you purchased the f*cking thing why not go rampage at times or use it for whatever reason different from that. It's what f*cks me off about how tanks got this icon and we pay for a tank but these scabs go get a free mega-destructive jet? Now if they had to buy that jet I wouldn't be trippin' because it's something you had to purchase for usage.

I used to get pissed at tank users but only because I was hanging to reach the RP unlock tank level so I could battle tank vs tank, rampage or whatever the f*ck I wanted to do. But it's a difference being pissed at a player who went grinding or purchased shark cards for the tank to being pissed at a scab getting a free jet the game offers all players.

You see, that's where we disagree. To people on the ground, which is what this game is at least 90% of the time, the tank has the potential to be an absolute cunt-mobile, and that's what it normally is. If it wasn't for the jets then tanks would still rule, despite the 4 rpg thing that's currently going on. If you're a decent twanker then you can easily get 10-20 kills before you get blown up.

As well as enjoying the odd tank rampage (though it's been a while) I do also enjoy destroying tanks, so I see the nerf as the best of both worlds. Tanks can kill rape the faces off players for a while, but it is only for a while now. I think that's fair.

As for jets, well they've always been able to destroy a tank in one pass (if they're a decent pilot or a lucky shot) and that's not changed.

I say have the fun that the tank offers but accept the absolute fact that it now doesn't last as long as it used to. It should never have lasted that long in the first place.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

@Furry_Monkey

You see, that's where we disagree. To people on the ground, which is what this game is at least 90% of the time, the tank has the potential to be an absolute cunt-mobile, and that's what it normally is. If it wasn't for the jets then tanks would still rule, despite the 4 rpg thing that's currently going on. If you're a decent twanker then you can easily get 10-20 kills before you get blown up.

As well as enjoying the odd tank rampage (though it's been a while) I do also enjoy destroying tanks, so I see the nerf as the best of both worlds. Tanks can kill rape the faces off players for a while, but it is only for a while now. I think that's fair.

As for jets, well they've always been able to destroy a tank in one pass (if they're a decent pilot or a lucky shot) and that's not changed.

I say have the fun that the tank offers but accept the absolute fact that it now doesn't last as long as it used to. It should never have lasted that long in the first place.

Yeah, I get what you're saying man. It's just annoying when you don't want trouble by using your tank and players seem to come f*ck with you since online introduced tank icons. I seen non-psycho players (tank is white) just doing no harm but shooting police or having random fun only for players to go ahead attack the tank player. The icon I hope changes so it's only showed up within a radius of being close to a player or players for them. Once you get outside the radius it goes back as a normal icon like before.