Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,000 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
g26curtis

Is the auto shotgun cheap, (unfair)

Is the auto shotgun cheap  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is it cheap

• Cheap always
    • only cheap in death matches, gta races, vs missions, and other jobs
    • Only cheap in free mode
    • Never cheap

g26curtis

I see in a lot of places that people say it's op, I'm wondering if you guys think it's cheap

ashbashbluesfan

Yeah it's always cheap in the way that the RPG, drive by Sticky Bombs and the Mini-gun are all cheap, they all result in you dieing extremely fast and there is little you can do to counter them other than use the same weapons.

Davey Boy

Yep, a person without a brain can use it.

I use my sawed off shotgun because you can get easy kills with the auto shotty.

It should be unlocked at rank 150

Edited by FedoraTheExplora

g26curtis

What's an alternative to the auto shotgun,

I use sticky bombs all the time b/c they are really fun(suicide bombing and messing with friends)

I only use RPGs on vehicles, haven't unlocked the minigun

I use the auto shotgun a lot, but I never see anyone use anything else, and I see stickys/RPGs all the time

I don't see how those are cheap, mabye the auto shotgun.

But when someone kills me with all 3 of those weapons I don't think much of it

nysudyrgh

I mostly use it to maul people coming to run me over in their supercars. I like the Sawn-off Shotty more, but I rarely use it because I can't win against Assault Shotties.

breakingpoint04

the auto-shotgun is op like crazy, it's fun to use to destroy people so easy but once used against you, then it's annoying xD

gtaDaddy1

I never start trouble online. But people who want to come up to me and start shooting, auto shotty is what they get. It's overpowered and useful. Granted I walk around a lot in free mode, so maybe I am looking for trouble....idk

BigStu4q

I rarely use it, Combat MG all the way :)

Android76

I wouldn't say so, I don't think I've been klilled by that more than any other gun.

I use it at times, when someone is trying to ram me with a car, or excessively combat rolling etc. Most of the time I use the AP pistol or an assault rifle.

Edited by Android76

gpcguy1

Yes since it makes all other shotguns and smgs useless.

Tigereyesxx

Devasting gun for 'close up work',just like the combat MG for 'distant' work,you have to use the best weapons available to you,otherwise you are a fool....

MuhNamesTyler

a kill is a kill, get it any way you can

(without hacking, glitching of course)

Basically you guys are saying its bad cause it works better in particular situations wtf. you wouldn't think it was cheap if i was trying to snipe you with it lol

Red Lynx 23

My auto shottie gets used for up close killing, around rocks, corners, etc. But it's not my main weapons of choice. Combat MG and AP Pistol have LSPD tint unlocked, and I''m close with the carbine. Assault shotgun is currently orange tint, somewhere around a hundred seventy kills to unlock LSPD ting for it.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

luisniko

We are all lucky that Auto Shotty doesn't have Explosive Bullet option like in TBOGT or having a fire rate of TLAD assault shotgun.

jazzbone

The auto shotgun is a great weapon and may seem op if other players are killing you with it. However against npc enemies the auto shotgun is not op in the least bit.

Of all the weapons only the minigun and auto pistol seem unreal to me. The auto pistol has magical accuracy and power. Hand holding and firing a minigun is incredible. The other weapons often seem under powered and some enemies have magic armor that defeat .50 caliber bmg bullets.

Thanks then for the shotguns with the power 12 gauge buck shot provides. Without a semiauto tactical the auto shotgun is my first choice for close combat.

Edited by jazzbone

Xanbukka

I would implore some caution, when mentioning "fairness", with firearms, in GTAO. I see the online side of the game going arms-less, if R* gets another hair up their arse.......

:panic:

:r*:

SmilingAssassin

I look forward to its nerfing, same way ap pistol went.

JobAnonymous

stop being too close...

Midnight Vibes

Always cheap. Very effective.

TeamDarkstar

This is like saying the RPG is cheap. Better nerf it to Firework Launcher status so you have a pea shooter!

Maya Echo Visari

If it works for you, use it. It may be OP, but I mean, it's not like it's a weapon that only the rare few can hold, it's unlocked at like rank 35 right? Pretty much everyone has it then.

The only way I could ever find it cheap is to use it against somebody who doesn't have it, otherwise, you're just gimping yourself in a game that has built-in aimbot if you don't use it against people that have it themselves.

Why wouldn't you use the most effective weapon given your situation? Because of pride? If somebody wants to have a 'Pistol's Only' match, okay, but that's what deathmatches are for. That's not what freeroam is for. Rules don't apply there, there's too many things to take into account that you shouldn't really care. (Cops, namely)

'Don't feel ashamed for using something Rockstar put into the game, this isn't a first-person shooter.

But if you can kick ass without using the autoshotgun OP, then by all means, don't use it. But the weapon is there. I find that the game is a bit too 'casual' to really care for these things.

Edited by SevDoggX

Cameron

Really f*cking cheap. People run around with auto shotguns thinking they're so skilled and smart because others don't use it.

I don't use the auto shotgun, when some little toddler comes up with an auto shotgun, I keep out of range. Little kids helplesly trying to fire at you from war away, it's hilarious how much they suck when their shotgun isn't winning for them.

Also, kids who scream when I set jobs to Forced + Pickups instead of Owned. That way they can't run away to their miniguns and auto shotties and they get their arses butchered in semi auto pistol 1v1s.

Turn auto-aim off, if someone's using an auto shotgun chances are they can't aim for sh*t. Move to the side and they start crying as you get a headshot with an assault rifle.

Edited by Lazyboy.

DJ_DC99

You just suck at the game.

N7Operative84

I voted for always cheap. Why would anyone use any other shotgun at close range? It does just as much damage with one hit with any other shotgun, but in rapid succession. It needs to have a gap in between two rounds, to make it a bit more fair. This way it can be punished, if missed.

DJ_DC99

I voted for always cheap. Why would anyone use any other shotgun at close range? It does just as much damage with one hit with any other shotgun, but in rapid succession. It needs to have a gap in between two rounds, to make it a bit more fair. This way it can be punished, if missed.

How about you learn how to play?

N7Operative84

How about you understand the advantages of a auto shotgun versus a pump action and post again.

Edited by N7Operative84

MuhNamesTyler

Bunch of whiners itt

It's a close range weapon, just use some strategy ffs

DJ_DC99

How about you understand the advantages of a auto shotgun versus a pump action and post again.If you use a pump shotgun you're dumb.

Caysle

These 31 people make me laugh lol

n0tj0sh33

How is it cheap? You have to be pretty close and also if you aren't complete crap at aiming almost every gun will kill you before you can counter with a headshot.