GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's with the guns?

LightningLord

LightningLord

Hello everyone!

Hope you're having a good day today. (I'm not having a really good day, I'm sick lol)

So I know that people have been complaining about the A.I. having some sort of aim bot. Now if someone were new to the game they'd believe that theory. Now, let's think. What do the A.I. need to kill you? Weapons! Now let's look at how the weapons behave:

- The weapons in this game have almost no recoil. This makes the bullets travel in an almost perfect line. This is how enemies like the police are so good at killing players. One of their guns, the Carbine Rifle, is a good all around gun/not the best but good overall. The gun has almost no recoil and it doesn't affect the path of the bullets, making the bullets go in a straight line. This makes it near impossible to avoid it's fire. This is what makes people think it's an "aim bot". In GTA games like GTA IV/EFLC, constantly firing a gun can do a lot of damage at close range, but doing so will make the bullets start to go around and decrease accuracy. This is why it made sense to single/burst fire at long distances and full auto and close distances. But in GTA V, it doesn't matter as weapons will have incredible accuracy.

- Rate of fire is also messed up. You hear the gun shoot at a certain speed, but it actually shoots slower. (Sound faster than bullet) except the MG, which is the other way around. Also, why does a rifle shoot faster than SMG's? Guns like the Carbine Rifle shoot faster than the SMG/Assault SMG.

The weapon physics have been somewhat toned downed. It's just pick up a gun and hold the trigger. While I do like the option to carry more guns, have more ammo, and and customize weapons, everything else hasn't improved.

Edited by LightningLord411

IcOqQpq.gif

Turkey Shenanigans

- The weapons in this game have almost no recoil.

Except the Pistol .50

• Like 4

Okay, thanks I've had a good day.

Some points will be below

a) What do you want, introduce recoil? that'd annoy quite a few players; probably FA players who had really good accuracy and now have to learn to compensate for recoil

b) AI could only fire in bursts? I think this was in IV, because I heard the carbine rifle in that game go in three shot bursts IIRC.

Killzone3265

This is what makes people think it's an "aim bot".

it is an aimbot

how the f*ck else do you expect a computer do shoot you

i want the IV weapon system back

like the recoil, bullet spread etc

Edited by Killzone3265
  • Like 5

msc-tealdeer.png

Also if you think that GTA masters everything, you're wrong. This is not a Battlefield/Forza/WoT/WoWP mix. This is GTA, and nothing is purely realistic.

I don't think you understand how AI work.

The AI can be nerfed without having to do change any of the weapon stats

Besides.. introducing recoil would make it harder for the player to aim, not the NPCs.

UtterTehSEAL

The Carbine Rifle IS the best gun in the game.

• Like 2

LightningLord

I don't think you understand how AI work.

The AI can be nerfed without having to do change any of the weapon stats

Besides.. introducing recoil would make it harder for the player to aim, not the NPCs.

I said introducing more recoil will make it easier to avoid enemy fire. But it needs balance so it needs to apply to players as well. Like in GTA IV/EFLC. Everyone (players and NPC) had the same guns.

IcOqQpq.gif

CatchMeTrolling

The Carbine Rifle IS the best gun in the game.

The combat mg really, but that was before the servers started experiencing too much lag.

• Like 1

8xtwxyH.gifk3h9l.png

Sorry you're sick, LightningLord411. Sadly the A.I. do seem to have fairly accurate aim even compared to the best free aimers and the strongest lock on GTA has to offer. I myself have fallen prey to a police officer with a shotgun from much further than I feel is necessary. I have also seen armored police holding onto the outside of Grangers have perfect aim while mid-air over a steep hill.

I like having the ability to pick off an NPC with one or two really well placed head shots, but I find the A.I. allows NPCs to hit me even from far away and at odd angles or in helicopters.

• Like 2

Officer Ronson

You are forgetting there are stats, NPCs will always have full stats when it comes to this kind of stuff.

• Like 2

StateofMind15

I would love for R* to revert the accuracy back to IV. But if they were to change it or add recoil there would be many people crying because they expect their guns to automatically aim for them.

Some may agree, but others will always disagree.

0_0.jpg

(yes, these are Mercenaries, up close & personal)

Edited by fw3

BoJack Cognac

GTA Online suffers from what I like to call "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Syndrome", in that the computer just decides "Damage player no matter where on the screen he is".

Arrows to Athens

The law of physics don't apply to AI. R* logic clearly plays a role here.

What is terrible with NPC's aim is that they can just aim their rifle around a corner and hit you 9/10 times while fire in the blind. Ive been hit several times from behind walls. Its like their bullets are gps driven like rockets and sh*t. Their bullets are actually making turns.

I wish recoil was introduced. Combat would be more exciting.

Edited by morrami2000

Ever since the police killed me in the subway without actually being in the subway with me, I'll always remain under the belief that they have aimbots and wallhacks.

And I don't want to get started on the Oblivion-style psychic abilities every damn time you get a wanted level.

Edited by Muirenn

Officer Ronson

Actually Muriemn, there is a glitch at the subway in where people will become invisible in some parts.

Actually Muriemn, there is a glitch at the subway in where people will become invisible in some parts.

There we no people.

And this was ages ago. Sat in cover with a 5 star wanted level for about 45 minutes, almost an hour and the next thing I know, the police completely stop coming down after me and I started getting shot through the ground/ceiling.

Edited by Muirenn

The gun physics are by far the worst I've ever seen. Every gun has a 1" MOA except SMGs, which have musket accuracy, and the MGs, which are still too accurate

No gun matches its fire rate with the sound excluding semi autos and the auto shotgun

And they're all so damn weak

Fun fact for ya, the minigun shoots 2 rounds at once to compensate for the fact that it shoots too slow

I'm pretty sure none of the devs have put any effort in to this. This is why people really want a PC version. To fix the crappy car and gun performance

Hate these too..during coveted grinding days enemies could blindfire you to death

Hate these too..during coveted grinding days enemies could blindfire you to death

Biggie Kaniff

Also the sounds of the guns suck. I played RDR today and the weapons sounded so much more realastic than in gta.

What grinds my gears is that the combat roll is completely useless against the AI

• Like 1

This isn't a dedicated FPS or TPS. It's a sandbox game. R* had a lot more to program and contend with then say Infinity Ward does with CoD or EA with Battlefield.

They probably couldn't dedicate the manpower to tirelessly get the gun sounds to synch perfectly with the RPM.. Talk about nitpicking.

• Like 1

Tali vas Normandy

What grinds my gears is that the combat roll is completely useless against the AI

But completely OP and idiotic in PvP

YAXQK18.gif

But completely OP and idiotic in PvPSometimes it is, but you have to be able to do something about people who wall camp or do nothing but sit behind invincible cover.

The problem with the combat roll being slightly OP could be fixed by making the manuever use stamina.

Edited by Kazandra

Tali vas Normandy

^

If you ever played max Payne 3, that's how it should of been. You can roll but you're not immune to lock on for like 3 damn seconds. In there you used roll to escape death not to win the battles.

Also yeah, that game used stamina and you couldn't roll while tired

Edited by tali vas Normandy

YAXQK18.gif