GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Explosions

REXX

I was thinking back to GTA IV the other day and what caught my attention were the explosions. I remember in GTA IV you could get caught up in an explosion (at a close distance, but not too close) and lose a load of health, but not die. I noticed that in GTA V you either miss the explosion radius or get caught in it and die instantly. Do you guys think Rockstar should incoorporate the GTA IV explosion physics into GTA V? I mean, in my opinion it seems much more realistic.

LieutenantLoserz

I just liked the over the top ragdoll of being hit at 10 mph and skid across the ground for 400 miles lol

But thats not entirely true, you can be in the blast radius and survive, but irl, being that close to a explosion would just kill, so its 50-50 for me

I think explosions like Uncharted 3's would be better. If you're too close, you die. If you're too far away, you get some damage, but that's it. Somewhere in the middle, the splash damage causes knockdown and your character falls to their knees and takes some damage, but gets right back up.

In GTA, too far, nothing happens. Any closer than that, you die instantly and turn into a useless ragdoll.

Actually, everything turns you into a useless ragdoll... Getting bumped by a car, trying to climb a steep hill, falling from any height greater than half a foot... It should be called Grand Theft Ragdoll physics, really... I don't know when that became the "cool" thing to do. All the game companies always say they do it for realism, but we know the deal, they're just trying to skimp on making extra animations....

• Like 2

I think explosions like Uncharted 3's would be better. If you're too close, you die. If you're too far away, you get some damage, but that's it. Somewhere in the middle, the splash damage causes knockdown and your character falls to their knees and takes some damage, but gets right back up.

In GTA, too far, nothing happens. Any closer than that, you die instantly and turn into a useless ragdoll.

Actually, everything turns you into a useless ragdoll... Getting bumped by a car, trying to climb a steep hill, falling from any height greater than half a foot... It should be called Grand Theft Ragdoll physics, really... I don't know when that became the "cool" thing to do. All the game companies always say they do it for realism, but we know the deal, they're just trying to skimp on making extra animations....

I just hate when I do something super simple like fall down in shallow water and spend the next 10 seconds floating on my face like a stingray waiting for my character to remember he doesn't have gills.