GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Craplist Used Cars (Idea+Concept)

AboveAndBeyoncé

AboveAndBeyoncé

So yesterday I was in a lobby with a friend and he was conversing with another guy in the lobby and they talked about how cool it would be if other players could put one of their PV's up for sell on a website and other players could go to that website and buy a used car another player was selling or they could trade PV's with another player, this would definitely work for those hard to find cars such as the sultan and phoenix and other non premium vehicles and I thought hmm seems like a good idea but in that same moment I thought of the ways that this could be abused.

Such as players selling cars for insane amounts of cash or selling for free... A simple answer just have the prices fixed to the resale price of the car as if you was selling it to LSC Ex: Adder sells for 700k at LSC and it would also sell for 700k or less depending on mods also on the used car website.

Sure glitchers could probably find a money glitch out of this but Rockstar can hotpatch this as easily as they did the hooker money glitch

I posted this to get opinions from the mass community that is the GTAForums..... so what do you think yay? or nay?

Edited by Marc30499

Assuming the correct protections are in place, this could work.

There would have to be a highest and lowest price limit on the vehicular vehicles or possibly automatic.

Could be cool for selling modded cars to save a buck or get a look and customization without doing the work.

They should also have the ability to steal PVs and sell them without the original owner getting paid.

• Like 1

RussianCommie

Midnight Club L.A. had a similar system in place and I believe worked fairly well, I'm not sure how it would fit into GTA Online because some exploit would most likely be found but it would be an interesting feature added into the game.

Instead of selling the PV and actually having it taken from the original owner after being bought, players would instead be able to upload their car, so to say, into a store and set a price of how much they will sell the vehicle for. After that price is decided by the owner, people can buy that same vehicle as it shows in the store, while the original owner keeps his PV safe and sound. Whatever the price is set for a vehicle and the number of people that buy the vehicle in a week or so, the owner gets that amount deposited into their online bank.

Edited by GTAVArtem013
  • Like 3

5eIYidF.gif

AboveAndBeyoncé

Midnight Club L.A. had a similar system in place and I believe worked fairly well, I'm not sure how it would fit into GTA Online because some exploit would most likely be found but it would be an interesting feature added into the game. Instead of selling the PV and actually having it taken from the original owner after being bought, players would instead be able to upload their car, so to say, into a store and set a price of how much they will sell the vehicle for. After that price is decided by the owner, people can buy that same vehicle as it shows in the store, while the original owner keeps his PV safe and sound. Whatever the price is set for a vehicle and the number of people that buy the vehicle in a week or so, the owner gets that amount deposited into their online bank.

I=yeah it would be cool if it work like this but we'd need a vinyl editor for this to actually gain some "traction"
  • Like 2

RussianCommie

I=yeah it would be cool if it work like this but we'd need a vinyl editor for this to actually gain some "traction"

GTA Online's version would be really watered down however. The amount of customization options in Midnight Club L.A. compared to GTA V is no competition. Midnight Club L.A. allowed you to customize the interior, the type of doors you wanted, RGB color wheel, etc etc etc. For GTA Online, it would have to be revamped to fit it's pace of vehicle customizations.

• Like 1

5eIYidF.gif

That would be interesting if there were any real value to transfer. However, it's not real life, there is a generic product with infinite supply. There is a mechanism with which to obtain any car and mods at full price (LSC+web), and to get a set return (sell at LSC).

As R* would still have to set universal methods for sale, a used car market is tantamount to suggesting giving people a 100% return on their purchase, or removing the easy sell option at LSC.

Just do like Forza does:

Put amount of hours you want it up for sale (2 hours was 100CR, could go up to 24 hours or something which cost 1,000CR or so)
Put sell price: 1,000CR or higher
Put buyout price: Must be 1,000CR higher than sell price. Buyout is if you want the car NOW and buyout everyone else. Prices for this are usually high.

Car would be shown in a small picture with its (useless) stats to see if the car is tuned. I think this method would work best because Forza has a lot of "fake" cars where people buy a Honda Civic, put a red square on the car and write on the car "remove red square for code" and people buy that car for millions and have to remove the paintjob because it's locked so even if there was a code it would be lost (lol). So it's basically stocks but with cars - you pick what you like and avoid the stupidly-high priced cars because people want easy money. :)

CarimboHanky

its a great idea, have been suggested before and we always come to the conclusion that R* would never implement something like this as it could be used to teansfer wealth...

im millionaire, my friend is poor, he needs money so he put a crap car for sale for like a million, i buy the car, he gets a million!

they would never allow such thing!

Like I've mentioned before,

It would be

"Chrome Adder- $1"

"Chrome Adder- $1"

"Chrome Adder- $1"

"Chrome Adder- $1"

"Chrome Adder- $1"

CmLup8S.png

AboveAndBeyoncé

Lol. Hard to find cars like Phoenix and sultan

lol some people are too lazy to look although its relatively easy to find those cars

Lol. Hard to find cars like Phoenix and sultan

Edited by dead goon

A simple solution to money transferring would be remove LSCs sell option for cars squired from craplist, like they did with duped vehicles. Maybe only resellable through craplist. Although I would not be surprised if we found a glitch to bypass that

• Like 1

So like an ebay or amazon sort of thing?

That would be badass if I could find out how to make it a profitable "buisness"

OP, it appears that your ultimate goal is to be able to find certain cars (ones that I presume you are having difficulty finding) on demand. While I have no real problem with that (the 'rare car' hipsters will, tho), I don't think an in-game Auction House is the way to go.

My main rationale is that it wouldn't work - everyone has access to the same things for the same prices, so there would be no demand. Put another way, why would I pay another player for a car that I can find or buy for myself? And it's not like high-level players could fully mod cars and then sell them to lower ranked players - R* would never allow that as it would destroy the purpose of all the racing unlocks - they are meant as an incentive to race. So the only thing this would achieve is what amounts to free money for the seller - it is literally manufacturing a middleman who will siphon off some of the money transacted via car sales. Plus, sooner or later inflation would kick in and we'd have Sultans posted with a 10 millions dollar opening bid (I give you every single MMO Auction House as an example).

Incidentally, if you are looking for a particular car, the best way to find them is learning the spawning blocks. NPC cars spawn in particular blocks - that's why you always see the same half-dozen or so car models at any given time. When you see a car you like, take note of what else is driving around; that's the spawning block. Next time you see those other cars, you know that the one you're after is around somewhere.

Or just tell me what you're after and I'll tell you where and how to find it. Not kidding.

Edited by God-eater
  • Like 1

AboveAndBeyoncé

OP, it appears that your ultimate goal is to be able to find certain cars (ones that I presume you are having difficulty finding) on demand. While I have no real problem with that (the 'rare car' hipsters will, tho), I don't think an in-game Auction House is the way to go.

My main rationale is that it wouldn't work - everyone has access to the same things for the same prices, so there would be no demand. Put another way, why would I pay another player for a car that I can find or buy for myself? And it's not like high-level players could fully mod cars and then sell them to lower ranked players - R* would never allow that as it would destroy the purpose of all the racing unlocks - they are meant as an incentive to race. So the only thing this would achieve is what amounts to free money for the seller - it is literally manufacturing a middleman who will siphon off some of the money transacted via car sales. Plus, sooner or later inflation would kick in and we'd have Sultans posted with a 10 millions dollar opening bid (I give you every single MMO Auction House as an example).

Incidentally, if you are looking for a particular car, the best way to find them is learning the spawning blocks. NPC cars spawn in particular blocks - that's why you always see the same half-dozen or so car models at any given time. When you see a car you like, take note of what else is driving around; that's the spawning block. Next time you see those other cars, you know that the one you're after is around somewhere.

Or just tell me what you're after and I'll tell you where and how to find it. Not kidding.

im not really after anything I just thought it would be an okay idea but the way you put it would be a useless thing to implement into online. and I understand now since reading your post.