Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,256 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
MrVance

Is Dimitri Rascalov the biggest backstabber in whole GTA series?

Queen Elizabeth II

Lance Vance because.

happygrowls

Catalina, she tried to shoot Claude straight after escaping a bank.
The fact that he survived the gunshot and she was still out there made me want revenge on her.

kevin de santa

@phonex Michael went to Dave because he wanted a out a future for his family it gave Michael a way out of the game and it made Dave's career

Tyla

He didn't backstab them, he was forced to thanks to Dave Norton. He had no choice, or else Dave would turn him in for what? 50 years in prison? Lol. But I don't get why people call Michael a backstabber when he had no choice when some random FIB dude comes up to him with a cross deal to either do something or not.

He absolutely had a choice. The FIB don't just pop out of thin air and offer anyone a deal.

No. I think Michael was working with the FIB long before North Yankton. How else would he know Dave Norton well enough in the first place? There are no random FIB dudes.

Assume Jimmy and Tracey are at least 20 years old. Who the hell else did Michael have to backstab to stay in business between 1993 and 2004?

He made a career out of being a treacherous scumbag.

And what's more: Trevor and Michael's whole 28-year friendship (assuming they met when they were both 20 -- 1985) is based around Michael's backstabbery. They never would've met if Michael hadn't robbed some other guy of drugs.

As Trevor goes on to say, "He's been playing me from the start."

That's why I think a long standing treachery between Michael and Trevor that went on for longer than either Big Smoke or CJ was alive is far worse. This isn't a single event of backstabbing -- this is a whole lifetime. The North Yankton betrayal was just the tip of the iceberg. And still through GTAV Michael is trying to have Trevor killed. Snake. Even Smoke didn't attempt to kill CJ throughout San Andreas until the very end mission.

JustRob

He didn't backstab them, he was forced to thanks to Dave Norton. He had no choice, or else Dave would turn him in for what? 50 years in prison? Lol. But I don't get why people call Michael a backstabber when he had no choice when some random FIB dude comes up to him with a cross deal to either do something or not.

He absolutely had a choice. The FIB don't just pop out of thin air and offer anyone a deal.

No. I think Michael was working with the FIB long before North Yankton. How else would he know Dave Norton well enough in the first place? There are no random FIB dudes.

Assume Jimmy and Tracey are at least 20 years old. Who the hell else did Michael have to backstab to stay in business between 1993 and 2004?

And what's more: Trevor and Michael's whole 28-year friendship (assuming they met when they were both 20 -- 1985) is based around Michael's backstabbery. They never would've met if Michael hadn't robbed some other guy of drugs.

That's why I think a long standing treachery between Michael and Trevor that went on for longer than either Big Smoke or CJ was alive is far worse. This isn't a single event of backstabbing -- this is a whole lifetime. The North Yankton betrayal was just the tip of the iceberg. And still through GTAV Michael is trying to have Trevor killed. Snake. Even Smoke didn't attempt to kill CJ throughout San Andreas until the very end mission.

Still not the same. To be honest I'm doubtful if Michael even considered Trevor a friend before GTAV. They were just partners in crime, working together purely out of convenience. And don't forget, Trevor and Brad were ready to cut Michael off when he started to turn away from crime.

Sure, it was a dirty thing to do. But I don't think Michael thought of Trevor as a friend. He was just a psychopath maniac who Michael knew would get him and his family killed or locked up one day. He did what he had to do to ensure his family's safety.

CJ and Smoke came up together. Played, laughed, and cried together. Survived together. In my opinion that puts more emotional weight on the betrayal compared to Michael and Trevor.

Ridd

Out of all the antagonists in all the GTA games, Dimitri was, by far, the one I wanted to kill the most.

The biggest backstabbers, though, are Big Smoke and Ryder, as mentioned before. They all grew up together, and neither of them even show regret before they die.

Edited by Ridd

Tao Cheng

Catalina, not really. Sure it was a bitch move but we wouldn't see the awesomeness that is Claude if she didn't do that.

Lance Vance won the most annoying betrayal. His incompetency managed to piss me off in Vice City Stories. Had a feeling he plotted to have his brother killed in the beginning of VC. Not sure how his laziness managed to get his way on the top.

Big Smoke wasn't a big deal, he had what was coming. Thought the only way he knows how to make money was "big break". He ended up being paranoid to the point he holed himself in a crack house and died there.

Wu Lee probably doesn't like being treated like a bitch all his life by his brother. The whole sibling jealousy thing is understandable.

Michael is just meh, he had to do what's best for his family, therefore wanting to cut ties from the crazy lowlifes he associated with. Sucked that the plan backfired, had a feeling Trevor was supposed to be shot instead of Brad.

So I say yes, Dimitri by far is the biggest backstabber. His life philosophy is survival of the fittest. Part of me believed he manipulated Niko into thinking Petrovic wants a price on Faustin's head. Faustin's recklessness has blinded Niko from seeing the other side of the coin. Weird enough, Niko wouldn't be leaving Hove Beach and end up being rich if it wasn't for him.

Edited by Tao Cheng

MrVance

Wow i can`t believe i forgot about Catalina, by far the most anoying and f*cked up character in whole series.

Here is my list of GTA characters who i hated the most;

Catalina, Dimitri, Bulgarin, Big smoke, Tenpenny, Pulaski, OG loc, Elizabeta Torres (she was good to Niko but she was iritating as hell, her voice was also anoying) and Vlad.

They are just f*cking anoying.

Finite

Michael was the largest backstabber, as that's perhaps the most important plot point in V's narrative, although with that being said Dimitri was certainly more manipulative than Michael ever was.

Edited by Secura

TheDeathRises

Yeah, sure, Michael was working with the FIB, that's why Dave shot him.

Rebel Yell

Still not the same. To be honest I'm doubtful if Michael even considered Trevor a friend before GTAV. They were just partners in crime, working together purely out of convenience. And don't forget, Trevor and Brad were ready to cut Michael off when he started to turn away from crime.

Sure, it was a dirty thing to do. But I don't think Michael thought of Trevor as a friend. He was just a psychopath maniac who Michael knew would get him and his family killed or locked up one day. He did what he had to do to ensure his family's safety.

CJ and Smoke came up together. Played, laughed, and cried together. Survived together. In my opinion that puts more emotional weight on the betrayal compared to Michael and Trevor.

You may be right on that the Big Smoke's betrayal may be the most emotional one throughout the series, but I don't think it makes Smoke the biggest backstabber. Likewise, I think Michael is the biggest backstabber, because he is a really spoiled bastard who actually does not any remorse of a shame for his bad mistake of his. Look... he frequently says he admits that he has made big mistakes, but he is also too arrogant to judge why these mistakes are always hit on his face. I can understand Michael on this: People make mistakes, and it doesn't make any sense when people frequently remind someone of that someone's mistakes. However, the thing is that Michael does not look at the matter in both sides, he doesn't ashamed of his past actions which were always disgrateful... and better yet, somehow Michael is a pathetic hypocrite who can offer excuses that are actually no plausible. I think that's what differs Michael from Big Smoke A LOT. I think Big Smoke's cause is more like left something destructive behind him... so that's why probably he double-crossed his lifelong homies to become the biggest drug lord in Los Santos' history, probably. In some ways, I think Smoke is more tolerable than Michael when "being Judas" is the matter.

You know Dave didn't really shoot Michael, right? Michael pretended like he's shot, and Dave didn't really point his shot on him. If you look at it, Michael doesn't bleed out and doesn't have a bullet hole on him. Also, the voices in Michael's head while he's making it to the graveyard during "Bury the Hatchet" show that Michael has striked a deal with a "realistic guy" from FIB named Dave Norton prior to the jinxed heist in "Prologue", which could make Michael leave the dangerous crime life, and of course frostbite North Yankton, but also let Dave take the all glory for being the killer of the infamous bank robber Michael Townley.

Edited by TheUnholy

greenrock

guys picking Michael are conveniently forgetting 2 things

-Trevor and Brad were getting ready to backstab Michael anyways

- Michael had a fu*king family

JustRob

You may be right on that the Big Smoke's betrayal may be the most emotional one throughout the series, but I don't think it makes Smoke the biggest backstabber. Likewise, I think Michael is the biggest backstabber, because he is a really spoiled bastard who actually does not any remorse of a shame for his bad mistake of his. Look... he frequently says he admits that he has made big mistakes, but he is also too arrogant to judge why these mistakes are always hit on his face. I can understand Michael on this: People make mistakes, and it doesn't make any sense when people frequently remind someone of that someone's mistakes. However, the thing is that Michael does not look at the matter in both sides, he doesn't ashamed of his past actions which were always disgrateful... and better yet, somehow Michael is a pathetic hypocrite who can offer excuses that are actually no plausible. I think that's what differs Michael from Big Smoke A LOT. I think Big Smoke's cause is more like left something destructive behind him... so that's why probably he double-crossed his lifelong homies to become the biggest drug lord in Los Santos' history, probably. In some ways, I think Smoke is more tolerable than Michael when "being Judas" is the matter.

You know Dave didn't really shoot Michael, right? Michael pretended like he's shot, and Dave didn't really point his shot on him. If you look at it, Michael doesn't bleed out and doesn't have a bullet hole on him. Also, the voices in Michael's head while he's making it to the graveyard during "Bury the Hatchet" show that Michael has striked a deal with a "realistic guy" from FIB named Dave Norton prior to the jinxed heist in "Prologue", which could make Michael leave the dangerous crime life, and of course frostbite North Yankton, but also let Dave take the all glory for being the killer of the infamous bank robber Michael Townley.

Backstabbing a partner in crime to ensure your family's safety is worse than backstabbing a childhood friend to build a drug empire? I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. Michael didn't backstab Trevor because he thought it was fun or because it would get him rich. He did it in an attempt to give his family a normal life. Quite a noble cause in my opinion. Smoke on the other hand did what he did because he got caught up in the money and the power. His motivation was purely out of greed.

Tyla

Fair point. Trevor always was Michael's means to an end. And I agree with you that if there was ever a betrayal we were emotionally invested in, it was Big Smoke and Ryder's betrayal of CJ. We lived it. We played around at Emmett's. Laughed at his huge fast food orders and cried over Wrong Side of The Tracks.

It's probably more what we don't see Michael do that paints him as the biggest SOB for me. Trevor was a lot more than a crime partner of convenience to Michael -- or at least Trevor thought he was. This is a man who grieved for him and thinks of Michael's kids as his own kids, however perverse. The betrayal for me is how Michael strung Trevor along for nearly thirty years. He didn't give a sh*t about Trevor but kept feeding him the impression that he did. He allows him around his family because Trevor has a bad past with his own family, then realises he can't keep this lunatic around without someone getting hurt so he just plans to have him killed. Then escapes with all his money to live the high life in Vinewood. Top bloke.

There's the same amount of history invested between Michael and Trevor as CJ and Smoke. We just don't see it. Or maybe we do -- maybe that's why they gave us Franklin? Grow up together they didn't, but kill, rob and steal for 25 years they did. But yeah, kids have dreams. Imagine young CJ saying to Smoke, "I gotta get outta the Grove, Mel. I wanna see the world. I wanna live to an age I ain't in a box at young bones, you feel me?" Michael's dream he sold to Trevor was to die with a gun in his hand -- and kept that up for years. The reality is he "died" with his hand holding the FIB's.

It would've happened anyway. There's something about a guy who strings along and uses others for their own gain only to screw them over when he's through with them that feels fresher to me than the old best friend turning traitor.

Sure he did. Some big ass exit/entry wound scars Michael's got, huh? :rol:

It was a dummy round. Brad caught the bullet meant for Trevor.

JustRob

I just think you've completely misunderstood Mike's character. He's not some evil manipulator who uses other people for his own goals. He probably kept Trevor close because he knew Trevor's mental state all too well, and he knew that pushing him away might have gotten himself killed. In the end, Michael had to make a choice. Keep living the criminal life and put his family in danger again and again, or sacrifice a partner, "friend", to ensure his family's future. It wasn't nice, but I understand why he did it, and to be honest, if I had been in his shoes, I'd have done the same thing.

Edited by JustRob

Pavle

I think that Dimitri is the biggest backstabber in the HD series. In the 3D era it's Big Smoke.

Rebel Yell

Backstabbing a partner in crime to ensure your family's safety is worse than backstabbing a childhood friend to build a drug empire? I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. Michael didn't backstab Trevor because he thought it was fun or because it would get him rich. He did it in an attempt to give his family a normal life. Quite a noble cause in my opinion. Smoke on the other hand did what he did because he got caught up in the money and the power. His motivation was purely out of greed.

I totally agree with you about Smoke. He always has the greed, CJ and Sweet actually states it time to time. I'm also not saying "Smoke was totally right to backstab CJ and Sweet.", I also don't find Big Smoke's betrayal to be let slide, and I agree on the greed factor, like I mentioned, Smoke was also a man who secretly digs over perfectionism, that's another and a big reason why he backstabbed them, as well. Having almost all criminals under your payroll, controlling the crack trade throughout all that city would feed this nature of Big Smoke at its best.

Sure... That can be a noble cause, providing protection, trying to give his family a normal piece of life. Agreed. Although Michael seems to serve this as a purpose, that doesn't sound frankly to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Michael is a douchebag who doesn't care about his family, but I think his way how he serves this is what makes me think Michael is not frank on that, it's just my opinion... of course because I really get Michael as a spoiled, shameless man on this. And that's probably what I think like that is Michael really acts like "Actually I'm pretty average, even I can be considered saint", this probably leads me think Mikey is one of the top scumbags in the series. Even if he really or MORE CORRECTLY frankly offers the protection of his family as a reason, Michael's that arrogant type on his past will always make me think that he's the quite definition of a criminal without dignity even if he's retired.

Shadowfennekin

Michael.... he betrayed Trevor and tried to get him killed(Luckily that failed and the guy neither liked died). He's a snake and I was hoping Trevor would be able to ice him at some point(Stupid boring ass Franklin got that choice though -.-)

watersgta3

Ryder, everyone knew he was an addict and everyone probably considered the chance he might have gone mad one day. But Smoke, he was real tight with CJ and Sweet. And he didn't want to betray his family.

Neither did Ryder. The only reason he became a traitor is because Smoke convinced him to do so, and even though he was brusque towards CJ, he was still cool with him and Sweet as well. So if Big Smoke didn't become a traitor, then neither would Ryder. Well said. Ryder was very passionate about the Grove St. Families, but Smoke convinced him to betray the gang. Ryder wouldn't turn his back on the gang unless he would have another member do so too. So if Big Smoke stayed with the gang, then Ryder would stay too.

Flachbau

No , i would say Ryder and Big Smoke from GTA SA

I agree with this. They acted like they had nothing to do with the events of killing CJ's mom.

Korpi

That title (biggest backstabber in the whole GTA series) goes to Ryder and Smoke.

edit: Honorable mentions to Lance and Dimitri.

Edited by markwey

Rytuklis

lance vance. he betrayed tommy and tried at one point to betray vic.

I was gonna go for lance too but then I thought he's a bad pick for this nomination. He betrayed Tommy only in the end while Dmitri first made Niko kill someone who could have been a great ally to him, and then betrayed him..

kevin de santa

Michael all day every day IMO

matajuegos01

Dmitri but also Michael because just like others have said earlier: he succeded, he backstabbed every friend he had and he still got out scot free. f*ck that guy.

MrVance

That depends how you look on it, Michael f*cked many of his friends, so does Dimitri but also Dimitri stabs Niko`s back 3 times and that`s almost f*cking ubelievable. When i first played IV and i picked a deal with Dimitri (i didn`t know that Roman dies that way otherwise i wouldn`t pick a deal) and when he screwed Niko again i just couldn`t believed it. I mean if you`re at least trying to identify with Niko, thinking you are Niko and this happens to you in real life, sh*t that must be so painfull.

So consider all that Dimitri is even bigger backstabber than Michael.

Then here is also Darko Brevic, who gave info so they ambushed the whole army squad of 15 friends, he coud be considered amongst the bigest GTA betrayals also.

wiizardii

Michael all day every day IMO

He wasn't a backstabber, but whatever....

watersgta3

Naw. The biggest backstabber of GTA is Big Smoke and Ryder. They were CJ's friend from childhood and picked the day they became adults to turn his back on him.

However, the way I see it, Ryder's betrayal shouldn't have never happened to begin with. He wouldn't have never been a traitor had Big Smoke not talked him into it. It's very annoying how CJ is upset about the betrayal of his childhood friend and he completely ignores his other childhood friend. Like he showed genuine regret for Smoke's demise, but for Ryder, he just murdered him right when he saw him and didn't even have a conversation with him or show any emotion for it. So Ryder should've just stayed a Grove Street member and Big Smoke should've been the only traitor of the game. The storyline would've been much better if it was that way.

J-B

Smoke and Ryder betrayed their childhood friends.

Catalina turning on Claude after nearly a decade of being with him.

Those two rank much higher on the betrayal scale than Dimitri setting Niko(who he just met really) up, but he is possibly the most vindictive GTA antagonist, he stays on Niko like a f*cking bloodhound.

MrVance

Naw. The biggest backstabber of GTA is Big Smoke and Ryder. They were CJ's friend from childhood and picked the day they became adults to turn his back on him.

However, the way I see it, Ryder's betrayal shouldn't have never happened to begin with. He wouldn't have never been a traitor had Big Smoke not talked him into it. It's very annoying how CJ is upset about the betrayal of his childhood friend and he completely ignores his other childhood friend. Like he showed genuine regret for Smoke's demise, but for Ryder, he just murdered him right when he saw him and didn't even have a conversation with him or show any emotion for it. So Ryder should've just stayed a Grove Street member and Big Smoke should've been the only traitor of the game. The storyline would've been much better if it was that way.

In the first cutscene of the mission "yay ka boom boom" it`s clearly shown that CJ had a little remorse for killing Ryder because he stated "Ryder was my best friend and i`ve killed him- over this" (cash)

But yeas i agree i found BS`s betrayal much worse than Ryder`s and after all BS started all this sh*t. And what`s even worse he was involved into killing CJ`s mom.

That greedy fat f*ck, i hated him from the moment i met him while i kind of liked Ryder.

Stoney0503

Almost everyone in GTA 3, mostly Salvatore leone and that guy who's the leader of the yardies (forgot his name.)