GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Anyone else enjoying 1.16 missions?

justinlynch3

justinlynch3

Gotta say I'm loving playing all kinds of jobs from Simian and Gerald that I'd never of touched before. With all the missions balanced and pay time based it's really opened the doors to many of the unused jobs. I also find myself driving more instead of rushing to my nearest Buzzard all the time.

I mean does it suck you can't make 18k in 3 minutes anymore? Sure, but overall you can still get a good 100k in a afternoon of playing, and I'm not even looking for grinds, I'm actually taking missions slow trying to clear out all ai's.

Gotten admit, it's really refreshing to get out of the grove of Rooftop, Trash Talk, Chopper Tail, repeat and actually be able to do other jobs. It's also refreshing to take jobs slow instead of rushing for quick money all the time.

I hated 1.16 on the first day, but after playing it a bit, I gotta say R* has won me over. Anyone else agree, are you liking the change of pace to jobs?

Yes & no.

Some missions are unplayable because Rockstar beefed up shooting AI, FA & AA.. :sui:

• Like 4

Shadow_Titan17

Yes. I love that people are playing different missions now. People are even voting for other missions in the vote lobby and not immediately leaving. You still get the occasional RR, but those will die out hopefully.

Agreed. I wasn't too thrilled about the update at first mostly because I made the mistake of reading the forums before playing it. I do like though how they added flight school for the online characters because at first I was pretty frustrated with the goals but now I enjoy it now that I see how much Ive improved in flying. Plus you cant go wrong with this

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Edited by Rick Daddy
  • Like 2

don ovdi' island

Yes. Only because the "do RR repeatedly as fast as i could" thing got so old after a while, i don't care how much money i was making. Now I'm making a lot more money playing different stuff and as mentioned the voting screen isn't entirely useless now.

Couldn't care less about RP. After level 100 everything seems to go so fast. When i was trying to get 75 to do RR it felt like years between ranking up. Now every time i blink I'm ranking up

I am liking the variety and, as OP says, the added bonus that I can take my time and drive to the missions while I'm on Rockstar's dime, and appreciate the beautiful virtual world. :^:

Up until now, thanks to the obscene prices of everything in GTA0, people all rushed to each mission trigger point like their real world life depended on it, :sui: so nobody appreciated the incredible work of the GTAV artistic team. Finally, there will be some justice for the artists. :^:

• Like 2

NBAKingzFan10

If I had time to play the game properly, I would love the update. Since I have so little free time, and that time is usually dedicated to GTAO, I feel my efforts and time are now undermined by how much longer it actually takes to earn the same amount of money per hour as it did before. I could easily grind RR for 2 hours and pull in a healthy 360-400k. Now I'm lucky if I can make half that in the same time with any consistency.

Maybe if in-game items didn't cost a virtual arm and a virtual leg, then I probably wouldn't care less about how much money per hour I can earn. Since that will never happen (because shark cards) and because everything in-game is super expensive relative to the payouts, it's made things more tedious for players that don't have time to play longer for the same overall payout as previous versions of the game.

don ovdi' island

Maybe if in-game items didn't cost a virtual arm and a virtual leg,

That aint no lie. Lets not even get into a discussion on prices for things in LSC (or even ammo for that matter) How much you think R* would pay for your characters' virtual leg? I thought about chopping my character's leg but just couldn't do it to him. it wasn't worth handicapping my avatar for 2500$; when a replacement virtual leg on the black market would probably cost me 55,000$

• Like 3

I love the changes too. Easily earning 100k an hour doing a variety of missions with more skilled randoms.

It's good that people are playing different missions now.

The problem is that either I'm stuck in the cloud when joining or being in the team with noobs.

Black Terminator

I am enjoying the missions and some of the old ones a lot more now than ever before.

NBAKingzFan10

I love the changes too. Easily earning 100k an hour doing a variety of missions with more skilled randoms.

This illustrates my problem with the payouts exactly. 100k an hour used to be considered a pittance and now it's the new average. How can anyone afford shiny new toys when it takes 17 hours get a buzzard, 15 hours to get a tank, and over 10 hours for a Zentorno with upgrades? All of those times could be halved using the old RR payout system. Right there, you would have to spend 42 hours in-game just to get 3 vehicles as opposed to 21 with RR.

Yeah, the RR grind is tedious, but I would rather play the same mission for 21 hours than a bunch of random ones for 42 hours, solely because I don't have that kind of time to be playing a game. Hell, if I wanted to make GTAO my new job, I would have quit my current one already.

YES.

Anything is better than grinding RR over and over. Anyone who is unsatisfied with the new payout system should play another f*cking game. Those kind of people are never satisfied and ruining everuone else's online experience.

Grinders should grind on broken glass and slide down a giant razor blade into a pool of liquid salt.

• Like 3

Coltrane III

Simian. Lol.

TheSimianAd-GTAV.png

Since when did apes start giving us missions?

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a freaking amazing movie. Totally loved it. Back on topic, I love the new update. Im getting so much mission variety now and having a lot of fun playing so many different missions. Its cool.

I would if I wasn't always put into Rooftop Rumble every time I go to quick job.

zdj9bqf.png

NV75rfv.png

NBAKingzFan10

YES.

Anything is better than grinding RR over and over. Anyone who is unsatisfied with the new payout system should play another f*cking game. Those kind of people are never satisfied and ruining everuone else's online experience.

Grinders should grind on broken glass and slide down a giant razor blade into a pool of liquid salt.

People wouldn't need to grind if R* didn't make everything in-game ludicrously expensive compared to the current payouts. A suppressor still costs 10k still yet I can only make 6k in a 4 minute mission? Yeah, that makes sense.

Coltrane III

YES.

People wouldn't need to grind if R* didn't make everything in-game ludicrously expensive compared to the current payouts. A suppressor still costs 10k still yet I can only make 6k in a 4 minute mission? Yeah, that makes sense.

Yeah some things in this game are just ridiculously overpriced. Like really? You expect me to pay 10k for a silencer. Come on. It sucks. Oh well, at least you can be happy that the Kings stayed in Sacramento after all that drama two years ago.

YES.

I just made 200K legit in two hours of gameplay with ONE friend, doing missions. Quit acting like it's hard to make money anymore.

• Like 2

NikkoCharger

Yes, I played a Simeon mission and made over $9k, a Gerald mission for $15k and Titan of a job for $12k.

Played through some of the old solid $15k earners, on spec - 'Bust Out' still averages $15k solo, while 'Trash Talk' actually netted me an even $16k.

Meanwhile, I'm getting an average of $19k for 'Hack and Dash' instead of $12.5k, and somewhere in the $14-16k range for the very fun 'Denial of Service', which used to pay a paltry $5.5k (half of which used to get eaten up by the cost of stickies for completing the mission!).

Basically, there's now a ton of solid earners in the game that are really straightforward to blast through, provided you do 'em thoroughly and don't cut corners to 'speed-run' them. In other words, you're being rewarded for playing missions as intended, which I'm all for - honestly, if things had been like this from the beginning, I reckon people would have been a lot happier.

NBAKingzFan10

I just made 200K legit in two hours of gameplay with ONE friend, doing missions. Quit acting like it's hard to make money anymore.

LOL, I could easily make 200k an hour with RR and that's exactly my point. By your own admittance, it would take you 17 hours to get a buzzard, another 15 for a tank, and more than 10 for a fully modded Zentorno. It would take you an astounding 42 hours total just to get 3 vehicles when the same was possible in 21 hours with RR. That you can afford to play a game for 42 hours just to buy 3 virtual items is all fine and dandy, but not all of us have that kind of absurd amount of time to do just that.

You're correct in one thing and that's when you said that it isn't hard to get money, except that it never was; just time consuming. Thanks to R*, that time consuming task has almost doubled in duration. I never thought I would see the day that 100k/hr was acceptable in GTAO; the least they could do is make their exorbitantly expensive in-game items more appropriately priced as per the new payout system. Otherwise this is just another push for shark cards from time strapped players.

Edited by NBAKingzFan10

YES.

I just made 200K legit in two hours of gameplay with ONE friend, doing missions. Quit acting like it's hard to make money anymore.LOL, I could easily make 200k an hour with RR and that's exactly my point. By your own admittance, it would take you 17 hours to get a buzzard, another 15 for a tank, and more than 10 for a fully modded Zentorno. It would take you an astounding 42 hours total just to get 3 vehicles when the same was possible in 21 hours with RR. That you can afford to play a game for 42 hours just to buy 3 virtual items is all fine and dandy, but not all of us have that kind of absurd amount of time to do just that.

You're correct in one thing and that's when you said that it isn't hard to get money, except that it never was; just time consuming. Thanks to R*, that time consuming task has almost doubled in duration.

How long should it take to get a buzzard?

Should we increase payouts even more so everyone in the game can have them? Gimme a f*cking break.

You should have to work toward getting a powerful weapon like that. If it were any easier to make money after the new update the game would be too easy!

NBAKingzFan10

Should we increase payouts even more so everyone in the game can have them? Gimme a f*cking break.

You should have to work toward getting a powerful weapon like that. If it were any easier to make money after the new update the game would be too easy!

8.5 hours isn't enough time? I'm sorry, I thought I was buying a game, not my second job.

Actually, I would be better off getting a second job and just using the money towards shark cards. At least I could afford more than 3 measly vehicles in the 42 hours I worked.

Edited by NBAKingzFan10

YES.

LOL, I could easily make 200k an hour with RR and that's exactly my point. By your own admittance, it would take you 17 hours to get a buzzard, another 15 for a tank, and more than 10 for a fully modded Zentorno. It would take you an astounding 42 hours total just to get 3 vehicles when the same was possible in 21 hours with RR. That you can afford to play a game for 42 hours just to buy 3 virtual items is all fine and dandy, but not all of us have that kind of absurd amount of time to do just that.

You're correct in one thing and that's when you said that it isn't hard to get money, except that it never was; just time consuming. Thanks to R*, that time consuming task has almost doubled in duration.

8.5 hours isn't enough time? I'm sorry, I thought I was buying a game, not my second job.

Actually, I would be better off getting a second job and just using the money towards shark cards. At least I could afford more than 3 measly vehicles in the 42 hours I worked.

Exactly. It should take that long. Btw you are talking about three of the most expensive vehicles in the game that also have a level requirement. I could buy multiple other vehicles with the same amount of money.

It just depends on what you want to spend your money on.

Edited by Kazandra
  • Like 1

NBAKingzFan10

Exactly. It should take that long. Btw you are talking about three of the most expensive vehicles in the game that also have a level requirement. I could buy multiple other vehicles with the same amount of money.

It just depends on what you want to spend your money on.

You keep saying that it should take that long yet you cannot justify it. A tank is a useless piece of **** that is only good for griefing, yet you still justify it's 15 hour grind time by "well it has a level requirement"? Please tell me why it should take the equivilant of a full work week just to gain access to some virtual items, one of which is considered useless by 95% of non-griefers?

Which is my point. R* can't even justify their own prices other than "we made the game, we set the price". There's no reason why a game people paid to have fun with should ever become a tedious and highly time consuming grind. The RR grind was monotonous in its own right but at least it didn't require twice the effort as before. You like the new pay system? Cool, you probably have a ton of time to waste on this game. For casual players like myself, however, I can't even play the game 40 hours a week, let alone grind every single minute I DO get on.

Again, I paid for a game, not a second job. I understand the reward of unlocking things but I've never come across a game that believed in that concept as much and as aggressively as GTAO.

Edited by NBAKingzFan10

I've called Simeon today and never heard his dialogue before. Did it with a mate and we had the same kind of blast you have when you start playing GTA:O for the first time. Missions pay great! When missions pay great, you start to worry about money less and less and just pick missions based on their names. Blow Up II? Sounds awesome, let's do that! That type of stuff. :)

*edit*
People using math to justify pay outcome and time it takes to get amount of money are missing the point of the game. They're not seeing the fun there is to have. Yes, this game is now dull for some people but grinding seriously can't be more fun than doing random missions on the fly, right? RR is a lot of waiting and repetitive. I told myself once I reach level 200, no more grinding. I'm level 216 and did RR around 4 times as it popped up randomly.

I hate this forum at the moment because everyone is a f*cking math teacher explaining things no one cares about. "If XxCoD4LYFxX farmed Rooftop Rumble for 4 hours with 3 randoms, the document blew up 1 out of 5 times in 76% of those 4 hours, it took the driver an average 63 seconds to deliver the package and 112 seconds to get another invite with the pay being $18,475, how much fake money would little Johnny have?"

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 4

I'm enjoying doing whatever missions happen by.

Yes I hated it at first. I did get calculators and stopwatches out. But gave up on that, figured just get on with playing and enjoying the game. And it pays off.

Only time I linger in missions is if I'm taking and break. May as well. But otherwise I find I make more just by playing the game.

Maybe not as much as before, but I think it is balancing out.

Simian. Lol.

TheSimianAd-GTAV.png

Since when did apes start giving us missions?

He's a damned, dirty ape, too, so that totally fits. Well played.

I love the update, it makes it profitable to play missions that I enjoy but wouldn't otherwise play unless I wasn't saving money for something. So much easier now to just stay in the voting screen and just keep playing. A lot more fun now, as well.