GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Amazon Mechanical Turk is like grinding GTA:O in real life....

blk95ta

So the last couple days i've been working for amazon on their mechanical turk site. I've probably averaged around $4/hr if that. It's seriously starting to remind me of GTA:O. You have to grab jobs before someone else does (kind of like trying to join a job before it gets full) and sometimes you can fail a job if the person paying you doesn't feel your work is up to their standards (which you can't tell what they are) and if so, you don't get paid.

As an American (or anyone else in a first world country) $4/hr is pretty bad. i guess if you're in a 3rd world country it's not too bad but when you're trying to make $500+ a month, $4/hr doesn't get there very quick.

yes i realize this really doesn't have much to do with GTA:O, but in a way it does since you're grinding for money in Turk in the same way you grind out missions in GTA:O. the pay rate is about the same, maybe a little higher in the real world ($4/hr is about $200k in GTA:O which is somewhat hard to get now)

has anyone else tried making money online with turk while not playing GTA?

get a real job?

i don't do well with real jobs. i am working on applying for disability right now due to several issues.

I do not know what Turk is.

it's a site where you do microjobs for people like transcribing audio clips, filling out surveys, being a mystery shopper by calling insurance companies, stuff like that.

http://www.mturk.com

Likewise.. but 4 bucks is sh*t house, i'm on $20/hr and definately wouldn't work for that... for an 8 hour day i get $160, you get $32.

Obviously you have specific circumstances, but f*ck that..

If I understand, Mechanical Turk has other jobs that you can qualify for, if you pass online tests, and then get good ratings on the early jobs you take in that subject matter area, that eventually can grow into a reasonable vocation, honest work for (perhaps) honest pay in the long run.

On topic -- yes, great analogy OP, I can easily see what you are saying.

immature shitposter

at least it doesn't cause your life to freeze when you 'work' too fast

• Like 1

CheaterMcCheat

it's a site where you do microjobs for people like transcribing audio clips, filling out surveys, being a mystery shopper by calling insurance companies, stuff like that.

http://www.mturk.com

I see what you mean about it being like GTA lol. I hope you get your disability allowance or whatever it is called in the states.

at least it doesn't cause your life to freeze when you 'work' too fast

:lol: but it can cause your browser to freeze if you end up on some crappy survey site.

Edited by blk95ta

get a real job?

-Get paid

-Get laid

-Gatorade

Haha, Jacksfilms.

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

LurkingLurker

30 bucks in 3 days its not a bad site but ever since they started using amazon payment its really gone to ish

mediocre job here and am on $30ph

back when i worked i made between $12-$18 an hr, usually around $14/$15. That was during the days of the good economy (03-08)

I went through 9 mediocre IT jobs in 5 years due to some physical issues i have, and also now what i know to be neurological issues (undiagnosed Aspergers and ADHD)

Edited by blk95ta

ROTFL, I just jumped into GTA and i heard Jimmy say "Should i put my K/D on my resume?"

Edited by blk95ta

ROTFL, I just jumped into GTA and i heard Jimmy say "Should i put my K/D on my resume?"

Since most of us have spent probably more than 5,000 hours of our lives playing GTA games instead of developing a useful. marketable job skill in that same time, yeah, it would be nice to find some kind of way to spin all those wasted years to look like useful resume experience. :/

If anybody figures out how to do this, please post it here on the forum; we all need it. :p

• Like 2

OP: check out Flexjobs.com. It lists a lot of remote/telework jobs. Might find something more stable or suitable to your skills.

OP: check out Flexjobs.com. It lists a lot of remote/telework jobs. Might find something more stable or suitable to your skills.

Looks like they expect you to sign up and pay them for leads. f*ck that sh*t. I'm not paying some website for a chance to find something i probably wouldn't get hired for anyway.

Since most of us have spent probably more than 5,000 hours of our lives playing GTA games instead of developing a useful. marketable job skill in that same time, yeah, it would be nice to find some kind of way to spin all those wasted years to look like useful resume experience. :/

If anybody figures out how to do this, please post it here on the forum; we all need it. :p

Mask, gun, liquor store. Same as the game, and sometimes Apu shoots back. I would also suggest an armoured truck, but now you are talking more than just you doing it, and the feds get involved. Risk not worth the reward in real life.

If you have any it or other skills check out odesk.com , some of the stuff doesn't pay much as there is a lot of competition from the far east, but if you can find the right ones you can make a bit.

Edited by helresa

SuperSpartan747

I did a few jobs on MTurk a couple months ago and made a little over $20 and redeemed it to my Amazon payments account. Did micro-transcriptions for about an hour a day for a week while still looking for a real job. Unfortunately I hardly qualify for anything because I have no real applicable experience, even online, so I still have not found a real job.

I find it hard to find work on there I can actually do for a reasonable amount of cash, so I kinda gave up. But at least now I have $20 off my next purchase at Amazon!

Get a real job. That way you can get benefits and at least minimum wage.

Even McDonalds is a better way to make money.

Edited by eroch