GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Jet griefers on the rise now?

vGoaTT

Normally I just cruise on my nemesis (found it the other day finally)

Then i hear people talk, so i turn chat to "everyone"

Then this guy is talking trash to EVERYONE since he's using a jet with a 14.0 K/D lol...

I tried using a tank but now it's visible on the map...

The kid had to of been.... 12 years old lol

I know what people will say "join invite only or whatnot"

Normally there's good lobbies but i didn't realize that now that tanks are useless, everyone goes for the jets.. Jets are for panzies who can't do a ground fight lol

I go into passive and he complains and he complains lol "wahhhhhhh you went into passive you're a B8tch, i can't farm kills anymore wahhh"

I really hope they Don't add the hydra because it will just get worse lol

Oh well, enjoying the brewski.

And no links to the "b*tch and moan thread" because i saw someone post earlier about jets being the main grief tool now. just couldn't find it.

HankyPankyFan

This forum needs an infinite page.

Get inspired by the social club or something 'Tap to load more' not 1 2 3

• Like 2

if its just one asshole doing it, steal a jet and waste him off radar. then keep him from going back to the base until he leaves the session. if its a crew or 3+ yohoes doing it then just switch sessions.

• Like 1

Meh, 9/10 times I see someone in a jet they manage to kill themselves before they kill me.

• Like 3

Then this guy is talking trash to EVERYONE since he's using a jet with a 14.0 K/D lol...

Normally there's good lobbies but i didn't realize that now that tanks are useless, everyone goes for the jets.. Jets are for panzies who can't do a ground fight lol

I go into passive and he complains and he complains lol "wahhhhhhh you went into passive you're a B8tch, i can't farm kills anymore wahhh"

And no links to the "b*tch and moan thread" because i saw someone post earlier about jets being the main grief tool now. just couldn't find it.

i was on today (xbox 360) i was in my carbonizzaire and i was at michael's mansion at his car port creating a playlist, while i was doing that i heard in the backround a jet flying, "i don't mind the jet pilots in gtao since i seldom have any issues with them and i to sometimes flyaround los santos in a jet (a lazer 996).

Meh, 9/10 times I see someone in a jet they manage to kill themselves before they kill me.

if its just one asshole doing it, steal a jet and waste him off radar. then keep him from going back to the base until he leaves the session. if its a crew or 3+ yohoes doing it then just switch sessions.

Nah it's just one, and he made his rounds over and over and over. I couldnt really move anywhere (even if i went off-radar) he circles to the base to make sure no one is flying.

Saw a video on youtube where this dude kept calling the guy in the jet right as he was swooping down. When you call him, he momentarily loses control. If he's aiming down, he'll most likely crash if he doesn't exit out of the call quickly. Haven't got it to work myself, but it's worth a shot if they're becoming a problem.

• Like 3

Saw a video on youtube where this dude kept calling the guy in the jet right as he was swooping down. When you call him, he momentarily loses control. If he's aiming down, he'll most likely crash if he doesn't exit out of the call quickly. Haven't got it to work myself, but it's worth a shot if they're becoming a problem.

i'll have to try this lol sounds funny.

Now i get "your save data could not be loaded from the Rockstar cloud servers at this time" Please try again later.

-_-

You sure laughed your ass off

Edited by Laveerre

t015on.jpg

Killing with a jet is fun and its something you'll have to get used to. Jets are like the Buzzard in TBoGT. No matter how much you hate them or wish they would go away, they never will.

Jet griefers been on the rise for months. They're even scummier than Twankers. They need to remove the OP cannons from the lazer and just make it regular cannons like everything else instead of hundreds of tiny missiles. I hate having to look for the radar blips that are moving fast then duck into alleys or parking garages whenever they come by. I've only been killed by them a couple times but they're such an annoyance, can't just move about freely and can't go get a helicopter or regular plane.

• Like 2

Jet griefers been on the rise for months. They're even scummier than Twankers. They need to remove the OP cannons from the lazer and just make it regular cannons like everything else instead of hundreds of tiny missiles. I hate having to look for the radar blips that are moving fast then duck into alleys or parking garages whenever they come by. I've only been killed by them a couple times but they're such an annoyance, can't just move about freely and can't go get a helicopter or regular plane.

You realize that by removing the "OP" cannons you essentially make the jet useless, right?

Not to mention, you completely ruin jet free-for-all's/deathmatches. They would turn into kill stealing fests instead of the fast paced, highly skilled games they are. All so that free-mode seems more balanced to a bunch of casuals who have absolutely no idea how to kill a jet.

I swear, they market this game to people who have no idea about gaming. Nerfing the tank was a bad move, but nerfing the jet would be downright retarded. There's a counter for everything, you just have to figure it out. If you want to fly non-combat planes and helicopters, go to an invite only. This is Grand Theft Auto, not Little Big Planet. This game is made for adults who like to kill each other. Get used to getting killed.

Not to mention, all you have to do if you don't want to/feel you are unable to fight is:

a) Hide

b) Go into Passive Mode

or

c) Find another lobby or wait until the one you are in clears up, because most people who get behind a jet crash after three or four kills.

Getting your first kill in a jet is easy, being able to dominate a lobby indefinitely, without crashing, is an acquired skill possessed by only a very small percentage of the people who play this game.

• Like 1

I've been kamikazied at least twice now so I'd say yes. Both my Futo and banshee got blown into a million pieces in the blink of an eye at seperate times.

grivers are not on the rise, they have always been there and always will. they just switch to whatever is the new thing to do is all.

3 words. Heavy sniper rifle.

If your being hounded by one. There are tactics that will work against them.

Look for a overpass, tunnel anything, too avoid direct attacks. If your caught in the open quick passive mode and find adequate cover. Call merry weather for a air strike.

Try too funnel their attack so there is only one approach in.

Go into phone and highlight player so you can track there blip easier. Or better yet send a message, when there on approach.

Sniping a good pilot is difficult, try too lead your shots. << * >> is there for a reason at maximum distance you will use the farthest <> too lead the shot.

Edited by garvdart
  • Like 2

''The P-996 Lazer now has a specific icon on ever player's minimap similar to the tank icon introduced in update 1.16''

Calling it right here right now.

Edited by poklane

We shall bond together and destroy this evil group of fighter jet griefers !!

but yeah this has been the new tank since the tank got nerfed... it's 10 times worse though

ashbashbluesfan

I've seen less jet users than ever recently especially since 1.16, only jets I've seen are the Besras.

Turkey Shenanigans

To evade a jet (if it's night time) just turn off headlights and go off the radar. Then right after they fly over, drive as fast as you can into a tunnel/alley way. Keep doing this until you are a safe distance, chances are they won't even bother with you if you are far away. A dark color to your car helps more.

And if it is day time, go off radar, get a civilian car and drive like you are a civilian or something idk lol.

Lazers are OP if they have a good pilot. I'll dogfight the average LazerTard with my Buzzard and 75% of the time I'll win. With a good pilot in the Jet it is not even close. The Lazer is overpowered because there are not legit counters to it. We either need better countermeasures or the Lazer needs nerfed! Probably 10-15% of pilots are skilled enough to be a real threat with one, in their hands the Lazer is too much.

maybeanotherone

"And if it is day time, go off radar, get a civilian car and drive like you are a civilian or something idk lol."

resourceful lol

but trained eyes will know a vehicle with a player will render much further than npc cars

if i suspect someone is off radar i survey from above to see what spawns where

on ocasions i wouldn't have found the player had he not stolen a car, which from my view it just makes the car pop up

literally from a certain height you only see vehicles if they have players inside

snipers also profit from this aspect

Edited by maybeanotherone
  • Like 1

Most people use it because they think no one is going to get a jet and shoot them down.

Took 3 guys in Lazers out today,all in the same lobby and attacking me 5 seconds after I shot the first guy down..