GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I don't understand the reserve chute

Gridl0k

Alec Skorpio

The point is having multiple chutes equipped, like armor, not being able to pull 10 in a jump.

But there is never a point where you're going to be in a spot where you need to have an inventory of parachutes as you are given a free parachute every time you enter an air vehicle.

There used to be no point to that yes, until they added the reserve which you have to go back to Ammunation each time to get.

So is the point to be able to pull multiple chutes in a single jump or not, then? Because outside of that, there is no reason for an inventory of parachutes.

Edited by liquidussnake119

So is the point to be able to pull 10 in a single jump or not, then? Because outside of that, there is no reason for an inventory of parachutes like that.

No, again that's not the point.

The point here is that the reserve parachute is not included in the main parachute you pick up from air vehicles or anywhere else on the map.

Each time you use the reserve you have to re-buy it so why not just giving us the option to buy 10 parachutes with reserve included so that after each time we use it we don't have to go back and re-buy it constantly.

The same way it works with multiple armor.

Or simply include the reserve in the main chute you pick up on the map and in vehicles.

Edited by Euphorica

Alec Skorpio

So is the point to be able to pull 10 in a single jump or not, then? Because outside of that, there is no reason for an inventory of parachutes like that.

The point here is that the reserve parachute is not included in the main parachute you pick up from air vehicles or anywhere else on the map.

Each time you use the reserve you have to re-buy it so why not just giving us the option to buy 10 parachutes with reserve included so that after each time we use it we don't have to go back and re-buy it constantly.

Or simply include the reserve in the main chute you pick up on the map and in vehicles.

You don't seem to understand. There is no point in giving us 10 parachutes because there is literally never a point where you are WITHOUT a parachute. You'd be wasting your money.

Fixing the default chute to include the reserve has a purpose as people might forget they don't have their reserve. Making a parachute inventory has no purpose (outside of using 10 chutes in a single jump) as you are never going to be without a parachute as you are always given a parachute when you enter an aircraft.

I don;t care what color my chute is. I mean yes I picked the ones i liked but really as long as it opens then I'm happy. What they should do is just have every pack come with a back-up. I mean we already paid 14k for the back-up it should always be there. but for those that did not then they just get one.

How hard is that?

Can someone who doesnt have noodles for brains explain clearly how this bloody reserve chute works

Every time you use your primary parachute and land, it also removes your reserve, whether you used it or not.

You must go purchase a primary and reserve from ammunition in order to use the reserve. You cannot buy a reserve if you have picked up a parachute already from an aircraft.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow i mean that is the most monumental ball suck in all gta history wtf and 14k each time?Im going to be playing in a few minutes, I'll do some testing to make sure. I was slightly intoxicated while playing last night so my memory is foggy, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Did some testing. I was incorrect.

The reserve chutes are a one time purchase.

Primary chutes from aircraft do not come equipped with reserve chutes.

If you have a primary chute in your inventory that you got from an aircraft, you can go in ammunition and equip your reserve chute that you bought previously.

If you buy your primary chute replacment from ammunition it automatically equips the reserve with it. (Primary replacements are less than $500).

I hope that clears it up.

Alec Skorpio

I don;t care what color my chute is. I mean yes I picked the ones i liked but really as long as it opens then I'm happy. What they should do is just have every pack come with a back-up. I mean we already paid 14k for the back-up it should always be there. but for those that did not then they just get one.

How hard is that?

It shouldn't be hard and will probably be done in the next update.

You don't seem to understand. There is no point in giving us 10 parachutes because there is literally never a point where you are WITHOUT a parachute. You'd be wasting your money.

Fixing the default chute to include the reserve has a purpose as people might forget they don't have their reserve. Making a parachute inventory has no purpose (outside of using 10 chutes in a single jump) as you are never going to be without a parachute as you are always given a parachute when you enter an aircraft.

I understand that it's your opinion only. That's what you think about it. It doesn't make it so for everyone else.

Why does it have to have a significant purpose? It's about convenience. There's no good reason then why we have the armor inventory either, is what you're saying.

Since you always have the option to buy one from Ammunation, even while on a job, you're never gonna be without one.

Alec Skorpio

Why does it have to have a significant purpose? It's about convenience. There's no good reason then why we have the armor inventory either, is what you're saying.

The point to having an armor inventory is that you can use up armor, thus you will want to replace it in the heat of battle. Your analogy doesn't work because you CAN'T buy armor whenever you need it. On the other hand, you can't "use up" parachutes because you are always given a free parachute when you need it.

You're basically asking for an inventory that would only be useful if someone wanted to waste 10 parachutes for sh*ts and giggles instead of them just adding the reserve chute to the free parachute given in all aircraft.

If you just want to waste money on parachutes you'll never need, that's fine. But don't act like there is a point beyond that when there isn't.

The point to having an armor inventory is that you can use up armor, thus you will want to replace it in the heat of battle. Your analogy doesn't work because you CAN'T buy armor whenever you need it. On the other hand, you can't "use up" parachutes because you are always given a free parachute when you need it.

You're basically asking for an inventory that would only be useful if someone wanted to waste 10 parachutes for sh*ts and giggles instead of them just adding the reserve chute to the free parachute given in all aircraft.

No, I was asking for an inventory because it's convenient. Just like it's convenient with an armor inventory. Regardless of which is more useful.

The point is having multiple chutes equipped, like armor, not being able to pull 10 in a jump.

But there is never a point where you're going to be in a spot where you need to have an inventory of parachutes as you are given a free parachute every time you enter an air vehicle.

Im in a SKYDIVING CREW. I need more parachutes lol!

Your right nobody "needs" 10 parachutes but it would awesome for us stunters to have. Save us a lot of time! Sometimes when basejumping you dont make it. And when u respawn ur stuck on the hill with no chute. I want to be able to find another exit to jump from instead of walking down chilliad...

Edited by JayDM420